Thursday, December 27, 2018

Youtube daily report Dec 28 2018

Be careful when you mess with Mother Nature.

Once we began defining the human genome, we started to realize

how many bacteria, fungi, and viruses live in and on our bodies.

We believe that each person standing in front of us are made up

of equal numbers of human cells to the number of non-human cells.

These are not mere hitchhikers, they are essential to our living.

Even within each human cell we have components called mitochondria

that originally were bacteria.

Eons ago they became incorporated and an essential part of the functioning human cell.

We couldn't survive without the outsiders.

Simply put, we are like a country made up of natives AND immigrants

working together for the good of the whole.

The attached non-human organisms, together, make up what has been called

the human microbiome or microbiota.

Researchers are trying to know better what is a normal or abnormal microbiome,

what causes it to be imbalanced, and what can be done to enhance

a healthy microscopic environment of organisms that are getting a lift on our bodies.

A powerful example of imbalance comes when the use of antibiotics

alters the microbiome and results in the emergence of a harmful and even deadly

overgrowth infection by a bacterium called Clostridium difficile (C. diff).

The result is a very sick large intestine.

Think how weeds take over a lawn when the grass is destroyed.

Aside from the invasive, severe, gut illness of C. diff, there are other

human conditions and illnesses that may be related to an imbalanced microbiome such as:

irritable bowel syndrome, psoriasis of the skin, uncomfortable infections of the vagina,

obesity and rheumatoid arthritis, as well as neuropsychiatric disorders such as autism,

schizophrenia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit disorder and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Research is ongoing and we have a lot more to know before we have microbiome related treatments.

We all know that, when used appropriately, antibiotics help people and save lives,

but experts estimate that 20 to 50 percent of the use of these microbiome disturbing

antibiotics are inappropriate or unnecessary when used in hospital settings,

and that percentage is worse when used in outpatient settings.

Understanding and protecting our normal flora, our microbiome,

the community of organisms that live in, on, and around us gives us

a whole new way of dealing with many illnesses.

We need to be very careful to use antibiotics only when absolutely necessary.

Be careful when you mess with Mother Nature.

For more infomation >> Be Careful When You Mess With Mother Nature | By Richard P. Holm - Duration: 3:16.

-------------------------------------------

5 month braces update │2nd tightening - Duration: 4:08.

hello everyone and welcome back to my channel I just wanted to address the

fact that my last video was deleted for some reason I have no idea why or how or

when but I just noticed some day that it was gone it was my three-month update and my

first braces tightening I believe I will re upload this video so if

you are wondering why you saw the same video twice that is the reason why I

just re uploaded it and I hope it won't be taken down again so on November 29th I

went back to the orthodontist to get my second braces tightening and at that

appointment they took pictures of my teeth and how they are now before

changing the wire I will insert them here so that you can see how my teeth

are looking right now well not really now because it's been a couple of weeks

and they changed and I will show you how they changed in a second but that was

where my teeth were at when I went on November 29th so at that appointment

they changed my wire obviously they put a flat wire so it's rectangular you

can't really see properly so I'll just insert a picture so the flat wire is

supposed to move your teeth up and down instead of back and forth so there's two

ways that you can move your teeth and that is like this back and forth and up

and down so that is to ensure that all my teeth are the same length so that is

why I have this wire now like last time this didn't really hurt it hurt a little

bit when I was eating after but it's really not that bad and now a couple of

teeth are hurting now and then it's a different kind of pain because it's

actually really pulling on your roots or pushing them in your jaw so that's a

different kind of pain but it's still really tolerable so it's nothing that

bad I have good news also I learned at that appointment

I was ready to get my bottom braces so I'm really... what okay sorry my cat just

jumped on me so if you see a little tail that's him just lay here you little

I have my date for my bottom braces so I'm ready to get my bottom braces I'm really

happy about that I got my top races on August 2nd I was really excited to learn

that I was ready to get my bottom braces put on so on January 10 I'm going in to

get my impressions and then on January 17 I'm getting my bottom braces put on

at that appointment they will also reposition a couple of my top brackets

I think there's five of them that they will put in better places they did

install them the best way that they could but now since my teeth have moved

they prefer to reposition them better rather than bend the wire at the end of

the treatment so that's why we're gonna reposition a couple of them I also

wanted to show you that my teeth have moved quite strangely with this new wire

there's one tooth that is just completely moving to the left and it's

creating a gap which I'm not really happy about but I guess it will be fixed

at some point but I'll just show you because it's a pretty big gap so that's

pretty much it for my second braces tightening I will most likely film my

impression appointment and when I get my braces put on and some of the brackets moved

don't forget to subscribe to my channel if you want to follow me along through

my braces journey and I'll see you in my next video which will most likely be

my impressions so say bye little yo bye you seem mad don't be mad! Bye!

For more infomation >> 5 month braces update │2nd tightening - Duration: 4:08.

-------------------------------------------

Strikes and Gutters

For more infomation >> Strikes and Gutters

-------------------------------------------

Пюре Халеда брокколи 90 г с 4 месяцев - Duration: 0:40.

For more infomation >> Пюре Халеда брокколи 90 г с 4 месяцев - Duration: 0:40.

-------------------------------------------

Transforming Your Life through Self-Care: A Guide to Tapping Into Your Deep Beauty and Inner Worth. - Duration: 1:01.

For more infomation >> Transforming Your Life through Self-Care: A Guide to Tapping Into Your Deep Beauty and Inner Worth. - Duration: 1:01.

-------------------------------------------

Natural rhododendron forest - Duration: 10:40.

For more infomation >> Natural rhododendron forest - Duration: 10:40.

-------------------------------------------

Van Dijk is sensational - but did you realise he'd been THIS vital? - Duration: 4:41.

 Since arriving at Liverpool almost a year to the day Virgil van Dijk - to put it mildly - has been sensational

 The Dutch international has repeatedly shown his power, pace and wonderful ability to both lead and defend while bringing an air of total calmness to the game and those around him

 You could eulogise all day about the qualities the centre-back possesses but in short he is world-class

 To show just how good he has been you only need to consider that last season Van Dijk arrived at Anfield when the Reds were conceding far too many goals

 By the end of the 2017/18 campaign they had actually shipped 38 goals - more than anyone else in the top four

This year, by total contrast, at the midway point Jurgen Klopp's side are the proud owners of the best defensive record in Europe having only conceded seven with another clean sheet coming against Newcastle on Boxing Day

 The difference is startling and plain to see but Van Dijk's performances go way beyond shoring up Liverpool's defence

 The imperious Dutch star has completed 1,235 passes this season to place him first in Liverpool's side for that metric and more than 300 ahead of second-placed Andy Robertson

 Van Dijk has also successfully played the most backwards passes (596), sideways passes (507) and the most completed long balls (92) out of any of his team-mates

He has made almost 40 more successful long balls than any other outfield player.  Sure enough that looks impressive to say the least but where Van Dijk really comes into his own is when duelling with other players

 He's been involved in the most duels this season (113) with the nearest competitor Sadio Mane having competed in 83 - duels include everything involving a player and an opponent from tackles and headed battles to offsides, take ons and dribbles

 Of those duels the £75million centre-back has won 78 aerial duels - 42 more than any other player and amounting to on average 5

3 per 90 minutes.  There then comes a category where players are ranked and statistics are recorded called 'defensive actions' and you can only imagine how well Van Dijk ranks here

 Firstly he's made 23 interceptions so far this year, he's also blocked 11 shots and cleared the ball 96 times to double anyone else's efforts in that area

As you may be able to imagine, no other player has managed to get anywhere near that amount of interceptions either

 There is also the fact he is judged to have made a total of ZERO defensive errors this year - though to be fair to the Liverpool players only five have made any defensive error and that has counted to the fact they're sitting on top of the Premier League having only conceded seven goals in 19 games

Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will start in 8Cancel Play now  Of course statistics never tell the full story but to be honest if to be that good on so many levels is simply incredible

 Also look at those and combine the numbers with how he influences a game and plays for the Reds then they just look even better

 Liverpool welcome Arsenal to Anfield on December 29 before a visit to the Etihad on January 3 to play Manchester City and Van Dijk will be unquestionably as vital as ever

 *Statistics compiled from Squawka and WhoScored?. Read more Liverpool stories

For more infomation >> Van Dijk is sensational - but did you realise he'd been THIS vital? - Duration: 4:41.

-------------------------------------------

David Foster Wallace visits Italy (2006) - Duration: 10:41.

I think, "fail", is a very dangerous word.

Everything that is a failure is always a victory.

Unlike the other writers who've come here, I've not traveled very much.

This is my first time in a foreign country where I speak none of the language.

And where, I so don't understand the language, that it sounds like music to me.

I can't tell where one word...

And it doesn't stick in my brain very well.

In many ways - I've been here a week - I'm a failure at Italian.

It's very difficult and it's very, in many ways, humiliating to be in a country that

isn't mine and to be reduced, really, to the status of a baby.

People all around me are talking with great animation about things that I - it's not like

I don't totally understand - I don't understand at all what they're talking about.

In order to have the simplest interaction, I'm like, 'Hello!'

'Three agua.'

I mean, it's very humbling.

One feels like a failure.

Yes?

On the other hand, what I've noticed is it's also good in a very profound way.

What I've noticed here is how very kind and patient the Italians here are when someone...

I'm very conscious of the image of The Ugly American who comes in and, 'Where's the McDonald's

and why don't you all speak English?'

And all that kind of, right?

So I'm very...

I've got none of those feelings from the Italians and I've also noticed that I pay much more

attention to people's faces and emotional cues.

And that, much like a child, I am sensitive and attuned to things that, when I'm home

and immersed in English, I'm living only linguistically: 'Oh yeah, three waters.

Hey.'.

And it's all so fast.

So it's painful to be here, but it's also good.

In some ways, what I try to do with myself is just avoid the success or failure thing.

Because it really is much more...

There's so much about writing that is out of the writer's control.

Not the action of doing it, but whether it comes alive or not.

That if I begin thinking in terms of failure, what happens is I get really depressed and

the game is over, because I've already decided.

So, that's all I meant.

It's a very long criticism of a very innocuous question.

That the language of images, maybe not threatens, but completely changes actual lived life.

Consider that my grandparents, by the time they got married and kissed, I think they

had probably seen one hundred kisses.

They'd seen people kiss one hundred times.

My parents, who grew up with mainstream Hollywood cinema, had seen thousands of kisses by the

time they ever kissed.

Before I kissed anyone, I had seen tens of thousands of kisses, of people kissing.

I think, I know that the first time I kissed, much of my thought was, 'Am I doing it right?

Am I doing it according to how I'd seen it?'

It's beyond winning.

I don't believe it any longer really makes sense to talk about a battle.

The language in which we describe the battle will already be the language of images.

Yes?

I have started things for so many different reasons.

Images.

Characters.

A snatch of something I overheard somebody in a restaurant say.

Very few of the things I start, I finish.

And fewer still, of the things I finish, anyone else ever sees.

The things that other people see, that I feel are alive, almost always change sometime in

the doing of it.

They're never faithful to whatever the thing, that opening thing is, that gets you to go,

'Ah!

I'm going to write about it.'

At least for me.

I have no good answers.

What I have noticed, and this is really going to look like kissing ass, but I am now such

a fan of Italy in the World Cup.

Here's why, it's that, these phenomena feed on themselves.

I had watched soccer matches a couple times and I just don't understand.

But watching them?

I got to watch, I guess it wasn't even a very good game.

Italy versus Australia with Antonio and David.

And some of their relatives.

And David is throwing bottle caps and they're talking to each other.

And the energy in the room was such that, by the end, with the penalty kick, I still

don't understand.

Only the tiniest fragments.

I understand that not everybody can be as hurt - agh! - as they seem to be.

That some of that is so that the referees will call.

Little bit.

But watching it with people who care about it, it's like watching the Super Bowl in America

even if you don't care about football.

What I will say to you is that children now, in America, because mothers don't want their

children hurt, are playing much more World football than American football, that in a

generation, you wait.

Maybe not in my generation, but in the one following, World football, America will be

more into it than you wish they were.

Because they will cheat and pour all this money into it.

It's a prediction.

First thing I think of, as an American, is individual identity.

David.

What makes David, David?

What makes David different from all the other people as an individual?

I think the struggle for those of us in America, is to conceive of our identity as part of

something larger, something more meaningful than ourselves.

There's very little support for that in our culture, in our economy, in our politics.

But without it, the country splits apart, fragments, atomizes.

So this is, in America, a very loaded word.

One symptom of what you could call the American disease is that I don't know any writers who

think of themselves as like other writers.

Critics often group writers together more than writers do.

I would say that there's a group of American writers who tend to use more of the techniques

of the post-modernists and experimentation.

And then there's a group of traditional, sort of more "realistic" writers.

And that many of the writers I admire, I don't know whether I'm one of them, are interested

in using post-modern techniques, post-modern aesthetic.

But using that to discuss or represent very old, traditional, human verities that have

to do with spirituality and emotion and community and ideas that the avant-garde would consider

very old-fashion.

So that there's a kind of melding.

It's using post-modern formal techniques for very traditional ends.

If there's a group - and some of whom I think are here this week with me - if there is such

a group, that's the group I would want to belong to.

No comments:

Post a Comment