Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Youtube daily report Jan 30 2018

JJesus came… even for the religious? Sound like a strange question, doesn't it? And

this video, we are going to take a look at what John chapter 3 verses 1 through

21 says about this question. First by conversationally reading the passage and

then by discussing four of the nuances that I have found that have helped me

find the answer answer. Buckle up cause here we go. My name is

Charles Yerkes and this is the Simple Not Shallow Video Channel. And the whole

purpose of this channel is to bring you digestible, compelling, and conversational

insights from the Bible so that you too can develop a vital relationship with

God by learning how to love simply, wisely, and well. For that is where

excitement and meaning in life dwell. So, did Jesus come even for the religious?

Let's begin by reading John 3 from the World English Bible. Now there

was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. The same

came to him by night, and said to him, "Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher

come from God, for no one can do the signs that you do, unless God is with him."

Jesus answered and said, "Most certainly, I tell you, unless one is born anew, he

can't see the Kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be

born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and

be born?" Jesus answered, "Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and

spirit, he cannot enter into God's Kingdom. That which is born of the

flesh is flesh. That which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'

The wind blows where it wants to, and you hear its sound, but you don't know where

it comes from or where it is going. So is everyone who was born of the Spirit."

Nicodemus answered him, "How can these things be?" Jesus answered him and said,

"Are you a teacher of Israel, and you don't understand these things? Most

certainly I tell you, we speak of that which we know, and we testify of that

which we have seen, and you don't receive our witness. If I told you of earthly

things and you don't believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly

things? No one has ascended into heaven but he who has descended out of heaven,

the Son of man, who is in heaven. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the

wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in

him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He

gave His one and only Son, that whoever would believe in Him should not perish,

but have eternal life. For God didn't send his Son into the world to judge the

world, but that the world should be saved through him. He who believes in him is

not judged. He who doesn't believe has been judged already, because he has not

believed in the name of the one and only Son of God. This is the judgment, that

the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the

light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light,

and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does truth

comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."

And that was John chapter 3 verses 1 through 21.

Now, the first nuance I heard is one we have heard before, one that, well seems to

be a theme in this book; and that is that Jesus treats everyone personally and as

the individuals that they are. Here, Jesus treated a well-educated religious leader

as a well-educated religious leader. He does not treat him the way he did Simon

or Nathanael or anyone else we have met so far. Here, Nicodemus, a theologian of

his day, was being addressed by Jesus as a theologian. In other words, Jesus once

again spoke to an individual as that individual needed to be spoken to and

with the words that that particular individual needed to hear. Nicodemus

needed an intellectual response; Simon and Nathanael did not. That Jesus treated

him respectfully and individually seems evident by what Nicodemus did later. See,

in Chapter 7 verse 50, he stands up for Jesus by insisting on a fair hearing, one

complying with Jewish law. And in chapter 19 verse 39 and 40, he even helps bury

Jesus's body. At the very least, at the very least, this seems to indicate that

Nicodemus respected Jesus. And such respect is always earned. And here, in

John chapter 3, we see the personal treatment that began to earn this

respect. Nuance number 2, now this is the fact that Nicodemus was a very religious

person. Not only was he religious, he was a ruler of the Jews. A religious leader; a

leader who was a Pharisee. In other words, you get no more religious than this man

was. And Jesus is telling this very religious person that he too needed to

be born anew. Which, in the context of John chapter 1 verses 12 through 13,

means to be born of the will of God, to be

come a child of God. I think we just answered our question. But why stop here,

let's trottle up just a little bit and take a look at the last two nuances.

Number three, what I see in these verses is a very educated and very

knowledgeable man. One who was all about doing what God wanted done, he was truly

wanting to serve God as best he could. Yet, it seems that he is also one who has

focused so intently on his knowledge that he has lost focus on God himself.

His knowledge clouded his vision. I have sometimes heard this said as, "well

he was educated way beyond his means." What he knew was blocking him from

seeing what was right before his eyes. Notice what Jesus said, "You are a teacher

and you don't understand this?" Or, phrased another way, "How are you a teacher of God,

about God and yet you know nothing about the need of being born from above? How

have you missed that?" So, it would seem that the very religious very religious

can miss the mark. And a religious person missing out on the one whom the religion

is founded upon; that is one of the greatest tragedies I know. Well, it is the

ultimate in self-delusion. And it is nuance number four that reveals the

depth of this tragedy. This nuance begins in verse 12 where Jesus says that

if the religious cannot understand this basic truth of faith, that each and every

person needs to be cleansed and purified, that is born from above, that is born

anew of the will of God, then how will they ever understand who Jesus is and

why he came? Verses 14 through 21 seem to address this and

explain five things that they truly will not comprehend if they cannot grasp this

basic tenet of faith. First, that the Messiah must be lifted up. Second, that

this is in order to save the world. Third, that this was not to condemn the world.

Fourth, that is because the world was already condemned and needs no further

condemnation. And fifth, exactly what the judgment, the condemnation was: which is

that the light has come and people have rejected the light. Remember John one?

In verse four of John one, we are told what this light is; it is the

life of men. The condemnation is that men have rejected life. Jesus is the

light, Jesus is the life of men. And the people rejected the life as they rejected

Jesus. Once again, God honors people's choices. Yet all of this will not truly

be grasped by the religious person, if that person does not understand the

principle of being born anew. Now yes, most religious folks at this point are

going to say, "Of course I know that!" Yet, before we say that too adamantly, we

should consider that Nicodemus would have said the very same thing. He would

have said that of course he knew how to relate to and serve God. And yet, Jesus

showed him that he truly did not. That is a point well worth considering.

So, yes. Jesus did come even for the religious. Well what do you think? Have

you gotten to know a little bit more about Jesus through this conversation? I

would love to hear what you think, so please tell me in the comment section

below. Also,

if you like this video, please click that like and then the subscribe button.

And then, when you click that red subscribe button and that little bar

turns gray and that gray Bell icon pops up; make sure you click on that. For this

will tell YouTube that you want to be notified each Tuesday and Thursday as a

new video is posted. Thank you. Well, until next time; love simply love wisely and

love well. For that is where excitement and meaning dwell.

For more infomation >> John 3:1-21 Jesus Came... Even for the Religious? - Duration: 11:38.

-------------------------------------------

HLV Park Hang Seo, đã tiết lộ bí quyết tại sao cầu thủ U23Việt Nam khoẻ như vậy tại chung kết châu á - Duration: 5:05.

For more infomation >> HLV Park Hang Seo, đã tiết lộ bí quyết tại sao cầu thủ U23Việt Nam khoẻ như vậy tại chung kết châu á - Duration: 5:05.

-------------------------------------------

iPhone X - Animoji: Alien

For more infomation >> iPhone X - Animoji: Alien

-------------------------------------------

Чистое искусство 致命藝術 2016 電影預告中文字幕 - Duration: 1:54.

For more infomation >> Чистое искусство 致命藝術 2016 電影預告中文字幕 - Duration: 1:54.

-------------------------------------------

Vir Altyd 永遠在一起 2016 電影預告中文字幕 - Duration: 2:50.

For more infomation >> Vir Altyd 永遠在一起 2016 電影預告中文字幕 - Duration: 2:50.

-------------------------------------------

I ATE a SCORPION! (Chiang Mai, Thailand) | Alex & MJ - On the GO - Duration: 10:30.

For more infomation >> I ATE a SCORPION! (Chiang Mai, Thailand) | Alex & MJ - On the GO - Duration: 10:30.

-------------------------------------------

Art You Gonna Make A Pun? - Duration: 3:56.

hello and welcome to my channel why did the banana leave the bunch

he didn't find it a good peel why did the bananas break up they didn't find

each other appealing let's get this done in a jiffy we wouldn't want to get in a

jam looks like I'm on a roll I like technology and all sometimes I just like

to be old-fashioned going nuts for these it's a been a long day today I'm gonna

milk it these are exactly what I was looking for I've had enough

can't you tell don't mean to sound cheesy but I like to stay fit and active

what type of trees do I like i love palms clean hands are essential I guess

its that season isn't it so many choices all these choices they got me

feeling pretty salty I don't know which one to pick

it sure is chilly this time of year you wouldn't want to ruin your clothes

I hate want to get hair in my food we're gonna have to wait a while this is just

rich of flavor ever since my knee surgery things have

been looking up sometimes you just gotta soak in the moment I've gotta buy more

lets go ahead and take this for a spin I've always taken a lot of pride in

what I do this sure hasn't been a lot of fun it's always been a great source of

inspiration I just can't wait you're doing okay but I want to give you a

suggestion I once a met a guy named Mucil that joke sure was smooth weren't

aren't you gonna make another one sometimes it can be a lot to digest I guess you just

didn't make the cut wheres this pen the whole time sometimes just gotta plant

yourself on solid ground I always did have a large collection of masterpieces

I was always pretty good drawing but then I just had the right touch they

always said I was real fine well aren't you gonna make another joke sometimes

the shoe just doesn't fit looks like we started off on the wrong

foot how about you try walking a mile in my shoes I'm telling you it's a good

brand I used to always be in second place but ever since I started trying

harder i became a champion I was told it wasn't very hard just a

run-of-the-mill I guess it didn't measure up you want to be safe wherever

you step they said I couldn't I said i Can Son I don't know what one

to choose guess it's a tie sometimes I'm drawing I got to start

over I got to cover it up I got a blanket

things sure are looking bright

I use to have less but now I have a stash hmm this stuff sure is wicked sometimes I

can't even get a break I was raised in the country I've got to get this cleaned

the things just aren't gonna pan out you already had your chance now it's my turn

next time if you're gonna tell the truth try not to leave me in the dark about it

Im hoping I'll get tied up about all these bills sometimes in life we can get

tied up at the moment I always did get a good reaction about

how I dress

just because it doesn't suit you doesn't mean it wont suit me

No comments:

Post a Comment