Thursday, April 26, 2018

Youtube daily report Apr 26 2018

Hello everyone.

Let's see how to make traditional Sicilian bread.

Durum wheat flour, mother yeast, salt and knead.

Use hot water.

I am using a large quantity of flour to show you how this bread was traditionally made.

Bread had to last a couple of weeks or more back in the days.

This is a traditional Sicilian kneading table known as "briula".

You just had to place the dough at the center and knead using the handle.

You may need a second person depending on the quantity of dough.

The dough is now extremely soft.

Divide the dough (each part = 500 g / 17.5 oz).

Housewives shaped this bread in a lot of different ways.

Here are a couple of ideas.

Leave to rise for 2-4 hours.

Cover and wait.

After 2-4 hours, it is time to bake.

Here is our baked bread (190 °C / 370 °F for about 1 hour).

The crumb has a compact texture.

This bread is relatively hard.

This is a 2 weeks old bread slice.

It can be eaten with a soup or as breakfast with plant-based milk.

You can make this bread with your usual kneading technique if you want.

Support my project by making a donation on my Tipeee page.

This homemade bread smells wonderful.

Until next time!

For more infomation >> Sourdough bread | Traditional kneading method with the "briula" | South Italy - Duration: 7:47.

-------------------------------------------

Light Vehicles | Street Vehicle Videos For Children - Duration: 12:13.

Light Street Vechicles

For more infomation >> Light Vehicles | Street Vehicle Videos For Children - Duration: 12:13.

-------------------------------------------

Johny Johny Yes Papa | Nursery Rhymes by Kids Baby Club - Duration: 21:05.

Johny is a naughty boy..

Johny Johny!

Yes, Papa

Eating sugar?

No, papa

Telling lies?

No, papa

Open your mouth!

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

Johny Johny!

Yes, Papa

Eating sugar?

No, papa

Telling lies?

No, papa

Open your mouth!

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

Johny Johny!

Yes, Papa

Eating sugar?

No, papa

Telling lies?

No, papa

Open your mouth!

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

For more infomation >> Johny Johny Yes Papa | Nursery Rhymes by Kids Baby Club - Duration: 21:05.

-------------------------------------------

Drone Gyro Mini Pocket RC Drone with 0.3MP HD Camera RTF Quadcopter Mini Remote Control Toys - Duration: 3:33.

FQ777 FQ04 Drone Dron 2.4G 4CH 6-axis Gyro Mini Pocket RC Drone with 0.3MP HD Camera RTF Quadcopter Mini Remote Control Toys

For more infomation >> Drone Gyro Mini Pocket RC Drone with 0.3MP HD Camera RTF Quadcopter Mini Remote Control Toys - Duration: 3:33.

-------------------------------------------

'비디오스타' 임정희, 휘성 절친 케이윌 언급 "신인 시절 듀엣곡 '운명' 내가 키웠다" 고백?|K-News - Duration: 9:21.

For more infomation >> '비디오스타' 임정희, 휘성 절친 케이윌 언급 "신인 시절 듀엣곡 '운명' 내가 키웠다" 고백?|K-News - Duration: 9:21.

-------------------------------------------

Sing Along ABC Songs

For more infomation >> Sing Along ABC Songs

-------------------------------------------

[H.ROADS] Forest Shaving Foam Cleanser - Duration: 0:21.

Face cleanser for men! Be as handsome as Daniel Henney now!

Grab them now on Daniel & Suzy!

Don't forget to subscribe!

For more infomation >> [H.ROADS] Forest Shaving Foam Cleanser - Duration: 0:21.

-------------------------------------------

Danger Island: Strange Pilot - Duration: 21:06.

For more infomation >> Danger Island: Strange Pilot - Duration: 21:06.

-------------------------------------------

Traumkörper mit 64: Christie Brinkley verrät ihr Geheimnis! - Duration: 2:53.

For more infomation >> Traumkörper mit 64: Christie Brinkley verrät ihr Geheimnis! - Duration: 2:53.

-------------------------------------------

Booba bientôt en feat avec Vald ? Il sème le doute avec cette publication - Duration: 2:11.

For more infomation >> Booba bientôt en feat avec Vald ? Il sème le doute avec cette publication - Duration: 2:11.

-------------------------------------------

Tiny Violin - Duration: 43:00.

For more infomation >> Tiny Violin - Duration: 43:00.

-------------------------------------------

When Wife Says Let's Watch A Film of YOUR CHOICE | S01E11 | Karan Veer Mehra | Barkha Sengupta - Duration: 7:25.

Wear this cap on the flight

Your hair looks very weird post a flight

I have kept two Protien bars in your laptop bag

Don't eat anything at the airport, last time you had an upset stomach

What are you doing

This laptop will go with you right ?

I am sending a mail to the person who will come pick me up from the airport

You are going for two days baby I am going to miss you

I am going just for two days

Two days , I want to spend quality time with you before you go

I have called the driver so I can drop you at the airport

In the middle of the night it will inconvenience you, I will go myself

No baby , ok ok

Who does a meeting in Nepal ? Bombay is better

It's a world summit , I will tell them next time

It's not that it's abroad , it's Nepal

They choose Nepal this time for this summit ,

I will tell them next time instead of nepal do it in Mumbai only

ok

There's time for your flight, so should be do something ?

What to do !

lets watch a film ?

I thought "do something"

Which film should we watch ?

Actually whatever you want to watch ?

You are leaving that's why

Sure my choice ? Ok

Let's watch War Horse

Sounds like a war film ,I don't like war films

It's a Spielberg film anyways

Let's watch this the Stone

It's total Action and a total boy film

It's a Robert de Niro , anyways

Let's watch this short film Amen

it's about two guys how they meet

But why watch a short film , when we have so much time

Let's watch a regular feature film

My Fair Lady classic , baby , but you said it's my choice , let's watch this

Ok My fair lady

baby

I don't like old films

I know it's your choice can't we watch something new

It's a classic

I know but it's old let's watch something new of your choice

Ok baby . I will get another one

This one is nice

baby ?

yes

Isn't it the same film you tried to make me watch but I could as it was too slow

Remember I said it's too slow

It's not slow , the start is like this watch a bit and decide

But I have lost interest already ,it's too slow

ok

ok Baby this one is nice

What are they

No baby it's good now please

I am just saying what are they show , I mean what's the story ?

baby

J. Edgar, too slow baby

Rambo, too fast to understand

Source code, Hero is too ugly

Good luck chuck , really they are all unknown actors

Definitely Maybe

Tells do one thing ,

I saw a film on Netflix which I wanted to watch with you

so let's watch that

Only if you are ok with it ?

Ok baby Netflix

this gossip girl

Only if you want to watch

ok baby

Baby you are going to love it ,

just watch one episode , it has a character Chuck Bass he is a heartthrob

and you will like the girls , their clothes are so high fashion

really cool

ok baby

Baby

it's time for my flight

What

yes

What's this , it's only now I started to like something

Now we will have to switch it off ,

you are coming to drop me to the airport

You take the driver and go , I really want to watch this

Ok baby I will go

see you after two days Call me before you board

ok

bye

Got saved from watching Gossip girl

I will go to the airport alone

But you guys don't watch this episode alone

Share like comment & don't forget to subscribe

Do it, it's free

I will come back from Nepal and meet you

Let's go to the airport

Baby , I was just kidding ofcourse I will come to drop you to the airport

What about your gossip girl ?

We decided to watch it together ,

so I paused it

Once you back we will watch it together

happy ?

surprised ?

yes

lets go

For more infomation >> When Wife Says Let's Watch A Film of YOUR CHOICE | S01E11 | Karan Veer Mehra | Barkha Sengupta - Duration: 7:25.

-------------------------------------------

KNIGHT ONLİNE 70 DK MARADON WEREWOLF FARM - Duration: 4:18.

For more infomation >> KNIGHT ONLİNE 70 DK MARADON WEREWOLF FARM - Duration: 4:18.

-------------------------------------------

కుజుడు,శుక్రుడు వలన కలిగే దోషాలు,నష్టాలు పరిష్కారం | Astrology | Atchireddy Animutyalu in 2018 - Duration: 4:24.

For more infomation >> కుజుడు,శుక్రుడు వలన కలిగే దోషాలు,నష్టాలు పరిష్కారం | Astrology | Atchireddy Animutyalu in 2018 - Duration: 4:24.

-------------------------------------------

AaltoCell – making chickens happy - Duration: 1:43.

We have noticed in some tests that when the chickens eat our fibers

they grow better and eat less.

So it indicates that they feel good.

AaltoCell is a new innovation that can produce microcrystalline cellulose

in a sustainable way.

The product is old but the process is new.

The product was invented in the fifties and sixties.

At the same time we realized that we had invented MCC.

MCC stands for microcrystalline cellulose.

But we also noticed that we have to develop new products,

which are totally new than traditional forest sector or

traditional medicine and pharmaceutical sector.

We have done practical tests with five hundred chickens two times

and all the results are very clear.

The chickens eat less and grow better.

The consumption of the feed is many hundreds of millions of tons

so it's a big application area.

For me the exciting thing is that we can replace the plastics

in food packaging products and so on.

Of course we need detailed research of how we do it but all basic equipment exists

Okay

AaltoCell is a –

Olli, look at the camera

AaltoCell is a process –

No, not at camera, at her.

For more infomation >> AaltoCell – making chickens happy - Duration: 1:43.

-------------------------------------------

'비디오스타' 임정희, 휘성 절친 케이윌 언급 "신인 시절 듀엣곡 '운명' 내가 키웠다" 고백?|K-News - Duration: 9:21.

For more infomation >> '비디오스타' 임정희, 휘성 절친 케이윌 언급 "신인 시절 듀엣곡 '운명' 내가 키웠다" 고백?|K-News - Duration: 9:21.

-------------------------------------------

Cool Korean Kpop Song - Eclipse Kim Lip (Youtube Music Video) - Duration: 3:52.

Cool Korean Kpop Song - Eclipse Kim Lip (Youtube Music Video)

For more infomation >> Cool Korean Kpop Song - Eclipse Kim Lip (Youtube Music Video) - Duration: 3:52.

-------------------------------------------

Lembra da Debby? Ela mudou de profissão, mas ainda trabalha na Globo - Duration: 4:42.

For more infomation >> Lembra da Debby? Ela mudou de profissão, mas ainda trabalha na Globo - Duration: 4:42.

-------------------------------------------

✔✔ SC이슈 박일서 "상*해*죄 고*소" vs 김흥국 흠집내기 맞고소 종합 ♥ 뉴스 속보 - Duration: 4:30.

For more infomation >> ✔✔ SC이슈 박일서 "상*해*죄 고*소" vs 김흥국 흠집내기 맞고소 종합 ♥ 뉴스 속보 - Duration: 4:30.

-------------------------------------------

Ex-BBB Amanda Djehdian confessa que armou romance com foco no dinheiro - Duration: 4:12.

For more infomation >> Ex-BBB Amanda Djehdian confessa que armou romance com foco no dinheiro - Duration: 4:12.

-------------------------------------------

4 passos para ajudar o bebê a dormir - Duration: 12:19.

For more infomation >> 4 passos para ajudar o bebê a dormir - Duration: 12:19.

-------------------------------------------

ఈ విధంగా చేస్తే చాలు ధనబలం,జనబలం అన్ని మిమ్మల్నివెతుక్కుంటూ | Astrology | Remedies for Money in 2018 - Duration: 3:07.

For more infomation >> ఈ విధంగా చేస్తే చాలు ధనబలం,జనబలం అన్ని మిమ్మల్నివెతుక్కుంటూ | Astrology | Remedies for Money in 2018 - Duration: 3:07.

-------------------------------------------

BEZ KOŃCA | NO END | PL - Duration: 1:43:43.

NO END

Written by

<i>Your call is being monitored.</i>

<i>It's 7:12 A.M.</i>

I died...

...4 days ago.

Like every morning I was in my car,

waiting for Ula and Jacek.

The engine was warming up.

The radio announced a low pressure system.

I suddenly panicked in anticipation of chest pain.

But I felt no pain, just fear.

I took a deep breath.

And that was that.

I thought about my melons planted on the balcony.

Ula and Jacek came out, his backpack half open.

As she approached the car, I started to drift away.

She tried and failed to open the car door.

I watched as if from above,

surprised at the bird's eye view

from my driver's seat.

It felt comfortable and peaceful.

And very quiet.

Although... Ula shouted, I believe.

I got no headache after the first cigarette.

I didn't feel the heavy load

made by keys in my pocket.

It crossed my mind

that if I wanted to I could come back -

get up, drive Jacek to school...

But I liked it better this way.

I watched them dress me and close the coffin.

Jacek must have finally realized what had happened,

for he started to cry. It was cold.

But Jacek wouldn't put his hands in his pockets.

I went back home. Nobody there yet.

Darek's file was sitting on my desk.

Pity I won't be with him in court.

I didn't see Ula and Jacek until they got back from the funeral.

They fell asleep on Jacek's narrow bed.

It had taken a long time for Jacek to comfort her.

The cold woke Ula up. She moved to her bed.

- Hello? - Hi, Ula. Tom speaking.

- Tom? - I'm in Warsaw. Just landed.

- Landed? Where? - Warsaw airport.

- Is Antek around? - Not anymore.

At 7:30? Don't tell me you're divorced!

- Your alarm? - Yes.

You see? I knew when to a call.

Antek is dead.

He was buried yesterday. Please call back later.

Don't talk about it with school friends.

I won't.

I'll be back right after classes.

I'll see you at home.

Mom.

Mom!

A phone call.

- Hello? - Good morning.

- Mrs. Zyro? - Yes.

I must see you about my husband.

Do you hear me?

- Who are you? - Darek's wife.

Your husband defended mine. You must have heard.

- Stop me. - It's a political case.

I need to see you urgently.

Why don't you call

his law office?

I'm not a lawyer.

I'll turn over your husband's file.

- It's about the file... - No, it's about biology.

The teacher said...

- There's someone else on the line. - You have it?

Hello!

Mom! Bye!

Bye, Jacek.

- You're here to see me? - I called this morning.

Wake up, Sylwia!

- I took some milk. - Please come in.

What can I do for you?

- I need the file. - What file?

My husband's.

I can't give it to you.

Why won't you help me?

His new lawyer will need it.

I'm sorry.

Don't you know that files disappear?

You won't even notice when and how.

You don't care, do you?

Let's go, Sylwia!

Just a moment.

Political, you said.

That's right.

I shouldn't, but... If the file is here,

I'll let you have a look.

Can I give her some soda or a toy?

No, thanks. She likes to listen in.

- Nothing here. - What are you after?

Hard to say. Nothing here.

- What was it about? - A strike.

He called one.

Who'll take care of it now?

Someone like your husband?

I can't think of anybody.

Wait! Antek practised with a good old lawyer.

- Maybe him? - Old?

Yes. He came to the funeral.

Mr. Labrador.

Perhaps.

Let's see if he's listed.

Try Section 4, they should tell you.

It's good to know the name of the judge.

Thanks. I'll see you.

Sorry I kept you waiting.

- What's the problem? - Mr. Zyro's widow says

you've helped many people and could help me

- if you wanted to. - Those were different cases.

My last political case was back in 1952.

Death sentence.

No politics ever since.

Just crimes, major and petty.

- Sir! - What's up?

Zaleska won't testify.

Why not?

She's abroad.

Rush over to the jail. Don't let him answer any questions.

Take a taxi, it's on me.

Large-scale contraband. I can handle that.

But nothing political.

- No longer. - You've heard about it?

Tricky and difficult.

A tough decision for an old man like me.

Our times call for tough decisions.

I know full well what times we're in.

What do we do?..

You have the time?

1:15.

Shit! My watch...

Stopped. It's a gift.

From Antek Zyro.

When he finished his internship.

Let me sleep on it.

Call me tomorrow, OK?

How are you?

Out to pasture.

Seventy and goodbye.

And it was passed?

It will be. I know that for sure.

Our time is over.

- Tough luck. - Yeah.

Have you heard? No regard for the old guard.

We'll be retired as of January 1st.

That's what they say.

Why not make waves before I go?

- Some ending... - Pardon me?

People go and bounce back.

No need to call me. Let's file the case.

Tomorrow at 4?

You're on the phone, Mom?

No. I forgot who I wanted to call.

- Are you looking for something? - No.

Just going through things, tidying up.

There was a phone call for you.

A funny name. Gibraltar?

- Labrador. - Yes. Asked for some file.

I know.

I'll turn off your light.

- Jacek! Good night. - Good night, Mom.

Antek.

Antek...

He was waiting in the car.

I was busy on the phone, stayed behind.

He could be mad at me for being late.

Had I come earlier...

It was beyond remedy.

But why then, at that very moment?

- You couldn't have helped. - But I'd have been there.

- Don't think about it. - What am I to think about?

You're thirty-something, have a great kid and skills.

Think ahead.

You two weren't close recently.

No. But now it turns out that we were.

Can you fathom that?

- But he's no more. - Tom...

10 years ago you were good friends.

Then and later on.

Yes. But at the time he met me...

Yes.

Did you know about...

- ...those pictures of me? - In the nude? He told me.

- Did he show them? - No.

- How did he find out? - A "friend" mailed them.

I found them yesterday. He had cut out my face.

I was a tour guide, needed money.

I'd have explained. Why didn't he tell me?

Why did he cut out my face?

- Did he handle many such cases? - Quite a few recently.

- What's this? - A message from jail.

That guy's wife was here. She probably looked for this.

Here's an opportunity to write a short note.

I'm glad you'll defend me. You're young

and you showed understanding like nobody before you

in a month. Basically, I agree with you:

I belong out there. But I wish,

like you said, to keep my dignity.

I'm gonna follow your advice:

no politicking. But I won't deny my role

in that strike because they trusted me,

even though I wasn't a Solidarity member.

I chose to strike for a reason, but like you figured,

I wanted no hassle or damage.

I'm worried about my wife and daughter.

Have Joanna keep the kid away from Father.

Greetings from me and my cell companions,

Darek.

Good, you don't want me to play a schizo.

Who could take it on?

Damn, I was away for too long.

I don't think I'd manage.

- I suggested Labrador. - He won't agree.

He has.

- What's this? - What?

A question mark. You made it?

Next to Labrador's name?

You rummaged through Father's things.

- No. When? - Yesterday or the day before.

- No. - You messed up his papers

with your red marker pen.

- No. - You're lying.

Jacek!

You know I'm not.

I need to see someone. Want to go?

No. Give me the keys. I'll take a bus.

Just a minute.

It's Mrs. Zyro. Well, guess what they took.

- Few options. - Guess.

- Samizdat. - Correct.

You had single copies?

Yes. I'd been reading one.

- Your address book? - Right again.

- Cassettes? - All I had.

- The typewriter, letters? - All those from Maciek.

- Any notes? - Just my English exercise book.

I bet you took no receipt.

No. I was scared.

Let me see what you've written.

To the District Attorney...

I request that you return the articles seized during a search.

They hate the word "search".

Write "inspection".

And why "request"? Rephrase it. Right?

- It may sound impolite. - Why be polite?

Give me a piece of paper.

- Something happened? - I... My car broke down.

Remember the list of lawyers I showed you?

Yes. It wasn't tattered.

- What else? - This mark wasn't there.

- Of course not. - Perhaps your boy...

No.

- Certainly not. - Who else then?

Antek. Antek is against Labrador.

So what happens now? No, it's nonsense.

I'll be on my way.

Wait, I'll see you off.

I can drop you off in my car.

A friend in need!

Wawelska Street, to the clinic.

- All right. - I'll get my coat.

- What clinic? - Oncology. For radiotherapy.

You were looking for something in the file.

I didn't know you. I was afraid.

There was a message for Antek and for you.

You're to keep Sylwia away from Father. Whatever that means...

- I see. - What do I tell Darek?

- I'll be back soon. - All you know.

But remember: we are fine.

No problems at home.

You got it.

Rumcajs!

Take it.

Thanks.

- Drop by sometime. - I will.

I'm worried about my wife and daughter...

Let Joanna keep the kid...

You're straining your eyes, sir.

Zyro did brainwash his client, huh?

Go home.

Care for a cup of tea?

I'll fix it.

Excuse me.

Yes, speaking.

Today? What time?

Fuck!

I'll be there.

Go.

And close the door.

It looks like you know your own mind.

- I do. - Want a better world?

- With more justice? - Yes.

You want it where?

In Poland.

What Poland? Huh?

You won't talk to me...

Perhaps I'm being too informal?

- No. - Then answer me. What Poland?

Ours. There's none other.

Precisely.

Communist Poland?

Can you imagine it being non-communist?

- Hardly. - You see?

If you wanted things to improve

and you can't imagine a different Poland,

you obviously meant communism, that's what you'll say.

Never mind what you think.

You're to stand trial. Have any previous experience?

Judges are a peculiar lot.

Many take their career seriously,

many are tired, but nobody knows better

how changeable history is.

Let's give them a chance.

- You know what I mean? - Yes.

I'm to sell out.

There's space between to sell out and not to sell out.

- Not really. - There is, if you look well.

Here the evidence is weak.

As regards the leaders, the inspiration, the preparation.

If you own up to everything, you'll be blamed for the strike.

- The crew wanted it. - But you'll get the blame,

no matter everybody wanted the same.

True. But I had the list.

- I'd been elected. - You had a sheet.

A sheet.

There's no evidence, no committee, no leader.

- True or not? - True.

Even though it's not the whole truth.

You see? I was right. There is space.

Did you take part in any demonstration before?

I did. Once.

Why only once? I think I know why.

To avoid facing up to men in uniforms,

just like the one you wore in the army.

Perhaps you even wanted to demonstrate, but you didn't.

Psychiatrists know this phenomenon.

Mr. Zyro said we wouldn't resort to that.

Antek...

He was a great man. But being 40 years older

I see things differently.

Perhaps it's the age, or I'm not so talented.

He was my apprentice. Probably better than I.

He was an artist of sorts.

He operated unconventionally

and somehow it worked.

But I grab a scalpel and make a cut.

You two connected well, didn't you?

We did.

He didn't focus on evidence,

he stayed away from politics.

He appealed to conscience

or even to emotions.

But I can't take chances. I have one mission:

to get you out of here.

Is there anything you need?

We're considering going on a hunger strike.

Why on earth?

Think to whose hands you're playing.

What would you suggest that we do instead?

Emotions are not my cup of tea.

We're in the kitchen because it's the warmest here.

I had some cake, but nothing's left.

How about some tea?

No, thanks.

- What's this? - Antek's notes

regarding Darek's case.

Can you read it?

Just single words.

"The law today..."

"The law today makes too large demands on people".

"It kills..." I don't know.

"It kills what's the most precious among people".

And here a whole sentence is underlined.

"If the law is against community, loyalty, trust,

then it's immoral."

"No government..." Wait a minute...

"No government needs a divided nation".

A question or an exclamation mark.

I could never read his handwriting.

He wouldn't be happy I'm taking this over.

He wanted this boy out of jail.

Yes. You miss him?

I do.

I miss him a lot.

What was that?

"The hour struck, the earth shook under their feet."

What?

- Want some? - No, thanks. Let's listen.

I delivered the parcel yesterday.

- What a dump. - Poor old woman.

First she wouldn't let me in, then she cried.

Has the girl recovered the things they seized?

- Justyna! Got back your stuff? - Not yet.

One of the boys stayed with her for a while,

hence the search.

But they came too late.

We also put someone up during curfew hours.

Just once. Antek didn't even introduce him.

- Then he was afraid. - Why?

- I don't know. - Joanna.

There's someone to see you. Wouldn't come in.

- You haven't met. - Hi.

- Marta Duraj. - Ula Zyro.

Are you related to a lawyer named Antek?

- I'm his wife. - I knew him

before you were born.

What's he doing?

He's dead.

For a month now.

- Cigarette? - Yes, thanks.

- You knew him? - 15 years ago, summer time.

He was still in college. Came by one night.

I shared a cabin on the beach with a girlfriend.

We were asleep.

He had only his trunks on. He'd been swimming

and his tent had been stolen.

He was wet, dripping with water.

He sat on a bed, wetting the sheets.

Then he stood, skinny and bow-legged.

- He wasn't bow-legged. - He was then.

What else?

He wanted to be a judge, enjoyed reading Camus.

Judge-penitent.

I re-read it later. Was he a judge?

An attorney. Wished to be one since childhood.

Anything else?

- Not that I recall. - Anything.

He left shortly after to attend some training.

I never saw him again.

How long were you married?

11 years.

Long.

Was it the heart?

Yes. How do you know?

I think he said he had a problem.

- All right? - All right, all right.

They've begun a hunger strike.

Labrador says he was independent-minded.

- Was he really? - Everybody would like to,

but he was indeed.

Took orders from no one.

He wrote me recently how hard it was getting.

His letters were stamped "censored".

- What's this? - A photo. Just found it.

- Does it ring a bell? - You bet!

Summer '67.

From freshmen to sophomores. Antek's so skinny!

What about the girls?

I'm not sure. I think he liked this one.

Marta, the dark-haired?

No. The blonde. Slender.

A bit like you.

We always fell for the same girls.

Including you.

It's still true about me.

I'd like you to know that...

What are you looking at?

His hands. Just like Antek's.

Have a look.

I said I would like us...

Don't finish.

Don't.

I didn't say anything.

Damn!

My car's been towed away.

Go get it back. Got enough money?

Yes. You'll wait here?

No, I'll go back home. Get going.

My husband died 36 days ago. He suddenly ceased to be.

I used to think I loved him moderately.

So-so. I didn't really give it much thought.

Home, work, some shopping.

I had a lot. I didn't realize it.

I can hardly believe that we had bad days,

that I hated him.

I didn't know I was happy.

Now I do know and can't live with that.

I can't.

I keep seeing him in my mind's eye.

Your hands made me think of his.

You wouldn't understand. It's my problem.

Have a seat.

Goodbye.

I've brought you sneakers.

For Sylwia.

I found them...

Who was it?

Father. My dad.

- Where's your girl? - With neighbors.

I can't go on like this.

In between Darek and my father.

He's bringing me articles, "eye-openers",

about people like Darek.

I can't...

Fuck all that!

I'm scared.

Of what?

Some leave the country, some die... And Darek...

He'll be doing time, all alone.

Who died?

Rumcajs. Two days ago.

I've translated Orwell.

He wanted to read it.

You couldn't care less, right?

You put your trauma before all our mishaps.

Yes. You're right.

- I did something wrong yesterday. - What?

- I was unfaithful to Antek. - But he's dead.

I keep asking myself why I did it to him.

I still remember him touching me.

I have an address here in Warsaw.

- Whose? - It's a young guy.

He helped Marta. The one you've met.

He took a load off her mind for a while.

- You want to try? - What?

To forget.

Too bad.

I want him out of jail. This hunger strike

won't help. You should persuade him

to stop it.

Let him set an example, have some soup for lunch.

I'll arrange for your visit.

Fine. But I won't tell him what to do.

Why not?

He'd kill me.

- Do you want him out? - I can't tell him that.

I'm his wife. Don't you understand?

I do, I do.

But are you sure this will impress anyone?

Certainly not those who it's supposed to.

Self-immolation and no water to put the fire out...

- We've been there. - It's pointless, really.

It'll backfire on him.

All right... I'll tell him.

You follow through with aplomb.

Somebody told me that you should see it.

Who's "somebody"?

New unions have been founded in his workplace.

- Do you know those people? - Just one.

A friend of Darek's. Grew up on the same block.

- Would you spare me a moment? - Yes, of course.

My client has a tax problem.

He has imported a car. It was a bargain.

"Imported", you say?

Your client?

- Yes. - OK, he received a cash gift

and used it to buy the vehicle. Tax free.

Excuse me.

I'm just an intern, but I see how you feel.

Could I help somehow?

How are you doing? Moneywise.

Sorry, I almost forgot.

I have the money...

You don't owe me any.

I just wonder how you're making ends meet.

I could raise funds if need be.

No, thanks. I'm better off than before.

- Goodbye. - May I keep your paper?

Sure.

Good day.

Judge Biedron! Hi!

I hear we'll meet in the courtroom.

So we will. How do you know?

A little bird told me.

Meanwhile, I have a favor to ask of you.

No biggie.

Always at your service.

There's an interesting case, if you're willing: 346.

Thank you.

I'll tell you what to do.

Go find this guy

and ask him whether the new unions

as a gesture of goodwill, would show that they care

and vouch for Darek, regardless of his views.

- Can I have his name? - Sure thing.

Damn! Where's the paper?

Evaporated?

Gone.

Impossible, though not unheard of, sir.

Get me another.

But it's twice as much now.

- The Tribune? - All dailies.

Stay put.

I haven't done it yet.

But it's possible.

Is he alive?

- Yes. - But he can't be with you?

- No. - And he won't be?

- Never. - All right...

I'll put you to sleep. You'll follow my orders.

Then we'll try to erase him from your mind.

Please lie down.

Make yourself comfortable.

Eyes open.

Look at me. Good. Now relax.

Make sure your body is fully relaxed.

Lower your eyelids, lock them shut.

You're feeling light, calm, your muscles are relaxed.

Your eyes won't open. Lift your hand now.

It's light, no effort needed.

You're asleep.

Lower your hand gently. You're not feeling your arms,

your legs, your body.

You're not thinking about anything. Not about him.

Doesn't matter if he lives or not.

He's out of your mind, he's no more.

You won't wish him around you.

You won't feel like seeing him, talking to him.

You won't be willing to be with him.

When you wake up, you won't remember his voice,

his face.

You won't desire to think and you won't be thinking.

I'll wake you up now.

You're beginning to feel your body.

It's getting heavy. Sleep wears off.

I'll count down to zero and you'll wake up.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.

You're awake.

We'll see. You may need another session.

You know how to find me.

Are you all right? A glass of water?

Yes, please.

It helped?

Yes.

Antek...

Mom! Mommy!

What's the matter, honey?

You had a bad dream? What about?

Come on, tell me.

- You won't? - OK.

- Well? - About you and Dad.

Nothing wrong with that.

I've never told you...

- What? - One night I woke up.

Your light was on.

Dad was lying on you. You were both naked.

Now the same happened in my dream.

What were you doing then?

Making love.

That's how it happens.

You were born because Dad had snuggled up to me.

Now you're loving me. Hugging me.

Mr. Labrador!

- You're with someone? - Alone.

- And this coffee? - For you.

Thank you.

I was hoping you'd call me.

I wonder what you'd say

to the following scenario:

the new, legal unions vouch for Darek.

Would you release him?

What's the union's position?

They'd go along.

But he'll be a problem, right?

I'll talk to him if only you give me hope.

It will be an en banc decision.

You seriously think it's a way to make peace?

Not really. It's just a trick of the trade.

Guess what I'll say.

- Fucking shit. - Precisely.

I'll see you.

Biedron drank your coffee.

Sir, my idea was to wait it out with you.

I know.

- I see and hear well. - I was happy

as long as you handled crimes and divorces.

But Darek's case, with your defense strategy...

Listen.

If you can't, you don't have to.

I'll give you a good reference anyway.

Look what I got from your wife.

The Tribune? From Joanna?

Read it.

This is what's happening.

Do you know any of those people?

Yes.

A neighbor.

- We were on strike together. - Right.

I'm going to see him.

- What about? - To get him to vouch

for your demeanor.

I won't toe the line.

Accept all they'll offer.

Jump at the chance.

That guy is one of your fellow strikers.

- He was. - He was, fine.

But he can vouch for you and you'll be out.

Which will help us

take your case off the fast track

or a suspended sentence. Cant you see

the time's not ripe for winning?

Stay low-key or you'll be sidelined.

I've never asked a defendant to kindly leave jail.

Don't ask.

- You're not eating? - No.

You think this will change something?

Yes.

I can't bear the sight of you hurting yourselves.

- Damn, is this country... - Sir, we can't accept...

Then don't! Protest!

Yell: I won't have it! Die! Come on!

Jump out the window!

I can't.

The bars.

Precisely.

Have you noticed that you folks chose to live?

- Who? - You.

Your class.

You decided it after December 13th.

You didn't charge the tanks.

You disapprove?

No. But I think you should draw conclusions.

If you chose life, be ready to withstand a lot.

No. 5 - to point out the consequences.

If Antek's dignity-focused concept

is useless without Antek

and Darek won't act on my suggestion,

here's a third option.

It'll be fair to tell him.

Let him decide.

It was a mistake to take on this case.

Not at all, my boy.

He's a great guy.

I told him to sweat it out somehow,

waste no time on gestures.

But his stance may serve a purpose.

People want to be better, more courageous, but don't know

how to go about it. They need an example.

Who are we, by the way?

- Defense attorneys. - Yeah, sounds credible.

I've defended murderers, sharps, - all wanted to get out.

And this innocent doesn't.

45 years in this job and now that boy

makes me ask myself:

who is it that we defend? Against who? From what?

Has it crossed your mind that we are namesakes?

I'm constantly aware of it, sir.

OK, we need to tell him that his wife is safe

and the girl will attend preschool.

And that they'll be provided for.

That he shouldn't worry.

Who's to tell him that?

You, of course.

Yeah, sure.

But I can only put it the way I see things.

- What's playing? - It's cool. You know it?

- Yes. - Look what I have.

- What's this? - A tear gas shell.

Where did you get it?

- Where have you been? - On Constitution Square.

Stay away from that area.

Promise?

Smell it.

Still stinks.

You're all I have. Promise me. Please.

Mr. Labrador is tired.

He wants to defend you as he's done for years.

But you broke away. It's good,

because we're facing challenging times

and consequently you have to yell.

Never mind the bars.

You will be heard.

"Yes, I plead guilty", you'll say.

"I called a strike because I want to fight."

"I just wish I'd figured it out earlier."

The petty workplace problems were just a pretext.

Your cause was larger.

The crew backed you up, chose you as their leader,

because few of them had your courage.

But you had the guts

and regret nothing.

It looked like a run-of-the-mill trial.

Now we can invite some people.

They won't let them in - good for us!

That'll make things look even more serious.

The news will spread.

It'll be the talk

of the town.

Imagine the courtroom speech.

Your Honor! I'm not asking for leniency.

The defendant is a humble man, like many others.

He stands out because he has courage.

Courage can spread like a disease.

The defendant poses a danger because he's courageous

and truthful.

The truth will filter out through the bars,

therefore, Your Honor, your work is futile.

Futility and helplessness stir up rage.

And the defendant is prepared for this rage.

- You're speaking about hate. - And what do you feel?

Mr. Zyro spoke about clearness.

That both parties should clean their eyeglasses,

that we need to help find a path.

That everybody has to find that path by himself.

Even if other people... By himself.

It's poetry.

Mr. Labrador says there's no evidence.

So I should put on a smile and get out

as soon as possible.

That's pragmatism tailored to this reality.

A compromise, as a matter of fact.

I'm offering you a third option.

You went on strike to crush the system.

- Say that. - No, it wasn't for that.

- Not really. - What was it for?

Whether it's clear to you or not,

you did it to crush the system.

If you want to do time, do it for a reason.

Here the lowest sentence is 3 years.

- Up to...? - Very well!

Let it shock, alarm.

Or we'll be lining up forever,

happy to get some soap.

- Still fasting? - Yes.

Don't give up until the trial.

The worse you look, the better.

What's the matter?

Out with it, dammit!

You should cut down on your French, sir.

Sorry. He broke his hunger strike.

- When? - Yesterday.

You have won.

Yeah. So I have.

We're defense attorneys.

Here's the pledge of support. Time to use it.

Yes.

- What's the date today? - 3rd.

Go to the court and give it to Biedron.

I'll be there in an hour.

Get going, dammit!

I'm here to say goodbye.

- Why's that? - I'm leaving.

It's hard. I'm at a loss for words.

- Where are you headed? - Back, via Canada.

- Not too easy? - Maybe.

But why seek difficulty?

I'm disappointed.

The world I remember is gone -

the smiling faces from photographs,

handshakes... How clear and simple.

That is no more.

- It was Antek's world, right? - It was.

Yeah.

People have turned inward, gone different ways.

You don't know right from wrong.

I won't be with these, I can't be with those.

I've tried on my own, but then you're always alone.

I thought maybe... I'm leaving.

Antek is here.

Give yourself a break.

I've seen him.

- In a dream. - No.

I really have.

Why didn't I ask him...

- Where are you off to? - Downtown.

Drop me off.

Come in.

It's begun.

I hate fatty foods, bacon, smoked meat.

You want to be shapely and skinny.

You don't enjoy eating.

You don't want to eat.

You don't feel hungry at all.

You're asleep.

You're asleep.

- He vanished? - Yes.

- And you want to lose weight. - No!

I'd like you to do the same again.

Well, if he's gone...

But I'd like it again.

You fooled me.

He's dead, isn't he?

Yes.

You see...

I have no connection with the other world.

Mom!

I visited those graves with Dad

when we came to Grandpa's.

May I?

- I won't be long. - Go.

I love you.

Hear me? I love you. I do.

- Mom, it won't be pleasant. - What?

I love Dad's mother more than yours.

I'm not surprised.

We seldom visited. Why?

I've brought you now. Look, Grandma.

Grandma!

He loves you so much. Said so in the car.

He's good. Well-behaved.

- A good boy. - Be on your way.

Don't worry. Going far?

No.

Mom!

- Don't leave like this. - I said bye.

We say "see you" if it's to last longer.

- I'll see you, Mom. - See you, Jacek.

Verdict on behalf of the Polish People's Republic.

The District Court in Warsaw

having considered the case

against Darek Stach, charged as quoted in the indictment,

finds the defendant guilty of the offense

and based on the provisions of the Martial Law Decree

as well as the Decree on Special Procedures,

dropping an accelerated procedure,

sentences him to 18 months in prison.

Execution of the sentence is suspended for 2 years.

As follows from the ruling,

Darek Stach is released from detention.

You are free.

Congratulations.

Thank you.

- Sir! - Yes?

You shouldn't.

We'll leave in a moment.

We'll leave in a moment.

Change of perspective.

Last day, last case.

Excuse me...

Can I read you something? I found it by chance.

OK.

I have no clue how it came about: from a cub wolf I turned to a mangy hound.

Perhaps wild wind was missing in my snout,

I wouldn't squint my yellow eye, skybound.

Perhaps it was fear's reflection, not a burst of flames, that lashed at my back.

Perhaps nobody had to put that collar round my neck.

Nobody came for me, but along I trotted, dog-servile and humbly devoted.

O Lord, you hold dear even those that creep, know how to stir up pride

in worms' pale blood, help open up the throat that lets out a silent scream.

Assure me that I'm free although I weep.

Directed by

Director of Photography

Production Designer

Music by

No comments:

Post a Comment