Thursday, September 20, 2018

Youtube daily report Sep 20 2018

Five mistakes beginning filmmakers make and how to avoid them

Hi this JPMorgan and this is Kenneth Merrill today on the slanted eyes

We're gonna talk about the five mistakes the beginning filmmakers make and how to solve them

And these are the things that as I've taught students and I've taught a lot of students over the years in filmmaking classes

I'm looking at these five things are the things that crop up almost immediately and I've got to solve with each and every student so

Let Kenneth and I help you avoid these five mistakes

number one camera moving camera moving is the biggest challenge for people who are just beginning to do filmmaking because

First off. They just want to put the camera on the tripod

It rests there, especially for still photographers. It's easy to focus there when I'm dealing with students

I'm going you know, that's a valid way to make films. You can put the camera on a tripod

Everything's locked off

There's no movement there

But it's probably the least interesting and the one with that really doesn't explore all the wonderful options that filmmaking has to offer

So get the camera off the tripod

now the easiest way to do that is to just handhold it but it's a double-edged sword because

What I did when I was young and I see a bunch of new filmmakers do all the time. It's too shaky to frenetic

They never focus on anything

They never let the camera rest

Settle the camera down get your elbows in

Support your camera in three places and let that camera just sit comfortably in front of you just rock back and forth

It creates a little bit of parallax in the background and it looks really nice. You'll see this on documentaries

You'll see it on television all the time

This is a very common acceptable way to use a handheld camera right now

The reason you move the camera is because you want to direct the viewer at what you want them to see

You don't want to just move it to move it you want to say look. I want you to look at these keys

They just sit on the table, you know, because that's an important part of the storyline

number two is probably the most intimidating thing you're going to need to overcome as a new filmmaker and that is

Sound you honestly cannot overestimate the importance and sometimes a challenge of getting clean audio

Don't pick a place like we have here where you have lots of ambient noises and cars

Going by and dogs barking because the truth is you can't take that out of the audio in post

It's gonna be there and it's gonna sound like garbage. Well you really should do is move to a quieter location

This location is great. It's much better than where we were it's not perfect. We've got somebody's pool cleaner

We've got an airplane up high overhead going by we've got a soccer game

But it's certainly a whole lot better than where we were before you're gonna be able to get better sound here

The next thing to note is that the mic on your camera is not gonna be good enough

it's gonna collect not only is gonna collect all of the

Sound around you but it's just not a very good mic in general. What you really need is some focused sound audio sources, so

professional sets they use shotgun or boom mics and that's definitely an option, but for

Low key or running gun things maybe when you're first starting out we recommend some sort of lavalier solution

Which is what we're using today, we got a lob on is a wireless lob

So it's saying sound back and put it onto the camera

So finally get what they call room tone or ambient sound just roll your camera and just let the camera record

Whatever audio so you're getting here with no one talking no one talking at all and just let it be quiet

Kenneth and I just finished a new download that teaches anybody who knows how to use a camera at all

how to shoot video and we're gonna really concentrate on sound so you

Understand how to do sound one of the scariest things for new filmmakers. So check out our new download

number three another common mistake

I see a lot of beginning filmmakers make is not knowing how to use focus and depth of field to help tell their story

Super shallow depth of field is a very popular look these days and it's totally fine to do that

But you should also take that and use it as an advantage in storytelling so you can know how to introduce new

Elements to a shot or seen that kind of further the story

So don't be afraid to change your focus and help that tell your story

Number four another big mistake that a lot of new film makers make is that they shoot everything in a wide lens

They don't get any coverage. This is just a whole wide shot. Kenzan wants a bowl of cereal here

He's gonna wander around the kitchen getting a bowl of cereal

we can shoot this in a wide shot and it's just not that interesting or

Following him from side to side and it will looks more like we're photographing or videotaping a play

That's not what we want to do

We want this thing to be interesting get why tight and interesting shots as it goes to the cupboard or to the fridge

Put a camera in the fridge to learn it opens up

We see him looking in

When he goes to pick up something like the bull that we want the viewer to look at that make them look at the bull

Here's the ball as he picks it up as he goes to take a bite

So cutting allows you to direct the viewers attention to what you want to tell them

so the story moves forward it also allows your editor to be able to be protected against if I mess up my line you can

Cut to a different take and last of all it just makes your piece a lot more interesting

So why Titan interesting and finally number five the biggest mistake?

filmmakers can make especially beginners is not having a story or something interesting to say a

String of great visuals and with music behind it is not a great video

I mean, it just really isn't try to communicate something try to say something with what you're showing

Try to have a storyline of some sort try to have a meaning and a reason for this video to exist

I know it's really tempting because when you're starting out

It seems like getting a pretty picture is the hardest part

So you tend to focus on that a lot

But the truth is there are so many pretty pictures out there especially online right now

That people won't stop and watch something just for that. They have to be captivated by what's happening

It doesn't have to be a narrative

You don't have to have dialogue

But some sort of structure to it something with a beginning a middle and an end

That communicates an idea a way to move the audience move them to purchase

Move them to feel compassion to donate move them to help or to rescue

I mean there's a lot of different stories out there, but try to get away from pretty pictures with just music

So there's some great information on how to avoid some of the basic mistakes that most film makers make we've got a new download

That's gonna teach you all the things you need to know to avoid all those mistakes and a lot of filmmakers make and beyond that

we're gonna teach you about the things you need to know to crossover from either photography to

Videography or just from a person who has a camera like become a videographer. There are a lot of things

I wish someone had told me like things we talked about in this video when I was starting out mistakes

I made I had to learn the hard way

so in this download we're gonna go over the equipment you need how to use that equipment house up your camera how to light how

to set up sound which is super important thing that took a very long time for me to understand and

Just a lot of great information

There's hours of information here that are going to help you feel confident doing video and making a living at it

So go to the Solano's comm click on the store and get our download today

You

For more infomation >> 5 Mistakes New Videographers Make - Duration: 7:04.

-------------------------------------------

The Virzi Triplets perform their stand-up comedy act - Duration: 8:22.

For more infomation >> The Virzi Triplets perform their stand-up comedy act - Duration: 8:22.

-------------------------------------------

POND UPDATE: A Look Inside My Garden Pond, See the KOI - Duration: 7:08.

to you a little bit of garden pot in action and how's everybody doing I hope

you're doing well today's video I'm gonna bring you an

update on this pond it's gonna be a quick video cuz it actually got a lot

going on with greenhouse 2.0 and make sure you'll be tuning in on Sunday to

watch the greenhouse saga continue on a greenhouse August Sunday but in today's

video I'm gonna show you some plants that have grown back out of nowhere I've

also got to show you some of the koi and we've got some special underwater

footage of these fish and I also have some plants growing on the side of my

greenhouse I don't want you all to see cuz it's just kind of fun so first

things first the Panda come around here brother the koi are out I have been

loving them they have not been getting all the love and attention that I'd like

to be giving them these days because I've been pretty busy but you can see

them going I've actually really enjoyed watching the new varieties increase in

size I have the Goro Mose you can click links around here at the

Louisville koi show where I bought those they're the ones with the more purplish

color on them more more maroon color on them and of course they go away when I

start to talk about them those have come on real strong and have grown that's

actually this white and orange one with down at the bottom there it's a little

red dot on its head that's actually an American bred Goro mo you can really see

the difference on that fish when you compare it to the dark scales on the

other groomer that's not around right now but when the fish come out and we'll

show you some more footage of them underwater

I want to show you all some plants that have come back that I thought were dead

I've got this right here this is a type of hibiscus I don't know exactly what

type it is I thought this was killed over the winter this actually grew above

the the roofline of my house but as somehow come back it was like a late

bloom so apparently it died off but then came back last year this time it was

about twice as tall this hibiscus right here and I you biscuits lovers drop me a

comment on these types of hibiscus because I actually always forget the

name of this bad boy but this plant has just been absolutely amazing it's more

of a later bloomer but it came out a little earlier this year than it had

years in the past it's getting more mature I want to point out

my favorite plant in the whole pond and maybe one of my my favorite plant plant

it's the red stem Talia folks I brought just like 124 125th one quarter of this

plant two aqua chela bro I mean like there's me there's this plant Andrews

got some above off the roof footage of this plant it's absolutely fabulous and

if you look down right there you can actually see it growing a new sprout out

here it's actually seated off and grown right there so it's just like dominating

everything that it touches and does so I absolutely love it I do have to bring

that plant in in the winter and if I do say so myself I think it'll look pretty

dope and a brand new greenhouse as well so I'm gonna bring it in in the winter

and I'm not gonna cut it back and I'm gonna let it just keep on going so I'm

curious to see how that will roll one thing with the red stem Talia I want to

point out these leaves right here I don't know if any of you have kids

you've ever read the books about the Boxcar Children my kids

unbeknownst to dad actually took a bunch of the leaves off of the red stem Talia

they got one two three four and they were making rafts and putting little

berries on them and floating them down into the pond so yeah kids thanks for

ripping up part of my favorite plant the red stem Talia does not care I want to

talk about some of the aquarium plants /spawn plants going on in here I've got

some absolutely fabulous pennywort down in the mix right here I've got this

pennywort right here creeping Jenny or whatever it's just going absolutely

bonkers in the pond here I'm totally loving this plant it actually comes in

and melts back on us real bad so we throw it in the pond and then like two

weeks later it just comes absolutely you know epic like that so that's a lot of

fun I also want to point out the lilies the lilies are just dominating right now

in middle it's mid-september the time of shooting this those lilies are great the

problem is that we're gonna have we're gonna have these lilies actually need to

be pulled up because they are tropical lilies generally speaking the fancy

these lilies right here with any sort of the purple variegation

those are the fancy ones that's actually gonna have to come out this this winter

which is unfortunate because they are looking really hot right now I want to

point out something that's going on over here as well with the red stem talia and

this plant i want to get your comments on this people have told me that this

plant is like super invasive it can go through people's pond liner I'm actually

gonna undo this planter here this is horse tail rush and people say this can

actually puncture a pond liner I think that's absolutely ludicrous but I'm my

original goal with it was to make a fence with this plant because I like the

look of it but it's kind of overshadowed by the red stem tally so I'm gonna

actually uproot all this and bring it out to greenhouse 2.0 and use it as a

decorative thing because I like the way it makes a natural fence but drop me a

comment if you've ever had any problems with horse tail rush because I feel like

you know I can just remove it from here it's growing along the edge and up out

of the pond and I actually saw it being used in a place that does a

environmental erosion control and they were using it pretty cool so I'm

probably gonna remove that just because it's being dominated by my big Daddy

from Cincinnati mr. red stem miss red stem Talia right here real quick before

I show you all the aquarium plants growing in my yard make sure you go

check out the pond that your he actually dropping videos again on YouTube go

check that out of me or like gonna comment as well I'm actually holding the

camera for a change this is some really fun redneck aquatics we got going on

here outside a greenhouse 1.0 obviously I've got a little mud from the drainage

but folks my best selling aquarium plant tell aunt they're a cardinalis growing

entirely up out of the water in the mud in my backyard I totally love it I just

love the look of it like I want to landscape with it cuz it's just a

completely different plant it would probably take two weeks to convert but

it just got it's just awesome out here I've also got some bacopa yellow flame

growing out here which I just think is rad and you can look down here I'll pull

this out here look at the roots on this though I mean shocker it's growing and

it's like you know natural type conditions my pond drains out right

about there so you can see it gets water when we do the daily water changes

I've got Liguilla growing right here this is a native plant in the US by the

way and then I've got that version of it right here and I actually don't know the

difference between the two I want to say this is like a princess or whatever and

then I've got this I believe this is Liguilla rippen's but don't hold me to

that because when they're above water I actually don't know them as well

do me a favor folks hit the like button subscribe button share button I got to

run the green house 2.0 and make sure the water's getting put in tank on

everybody later

For more infomation >> POND UPDATE: A Look Inside My Garden Pond, See the KOI - Duration: 7:08.

-------------------------------------------

GT-Rオーナー必見!! 痒いところに手が届く最新インテリア関連情報 - Duration: 6:55.

For more infomation >> GT-Rオーナー必見!! 痒いところに手が届く最新インテリア関連情報 - Duration: 6:55.

-------------------------------------------

Library Sale Haul + Mystery Bag! - Duration: 10:47.

Hello Booktube! I'm Vanessa, and today I wanted to share with you the books I picked up at my library's book sale!

Ok, so my Friends of the Library store recently had a book sale, which are always amazing,

the books are always really cheap, sometimes it's like a treasure hunt,

you know, you have to dig through a lot of crap to find something worth buying,

but um if your library has those Friends of the Library book sales and stuff I would highly recommend going

to check one out, because like I said stuff is super cheap and you really can find some gems.

This one, paperbacks were 50 cents and hardbacks were one dollar, so you can't really beat that, I'm just saying.

So I spent like nine dollars, and I picked up quite a few books, and this mystery paper bag with books that I have no idea what's in here

and I'm really excited to open it which I'm going to open this at the end of the video,

after I show you guys what actual books I got.

So the first book that I saw in there that I picked up and was like

"I'm gonna take this home"

was this Renaissance book, which doesn't look like anything special, this is kind of an ugly dust jacket, I know.

But, sometimes you gotta look under the surface, you know, cuz check that out!

Isn't that beautiful?? And it's got a really nice spine, and the inside, obviously it's what's inside that counts,

it is full of art from the Renaissance, as well as like history from the Renaissance and just educational stuff,

and I think it goes into like literature and stuff from that time period as well,

so I'm really really happy about this, because I mean the Renaissance is just a really interesting time period,

and I think it'll be fun to get to learn about it and look at the art and stuff like that.

And like I said, just how beautiful that is!

And then the next book that I found, you guys have no idea how excited I was when I saw this book on the shelf.

That is Utopia by Sir Thomas More, in this beautiful like leather, like gold filigree old-timey edition.

The reason I'm so excited about this is because I have always always wanted to own a copy of Utopia,

I think we all know why, it's because of Ever After, which is the best movie ever and that I grew up on and that I always loved.

But I also got to read excerpts from Utopia in my English class a few years ago,

and I actually really liked them and it made me want the book even more,

because it's really interesting, plus it has that nostalgia from Ever After.

But here's the thing, here's the thing.

When I picture myself owning a copy of Utopia, this is what I wanted,

like a leather old-fashioned, like sturdy cool copy.

For some reason there are none, like I'm just saying, I've been searching online for a long long time,

and all that's really available, besides like every now and then there's like a one-off thing on eBay,

are just like stupid mass-market paperbacks, and it's like, I don't want this epic amazing old book as like a paperback,

that's just, I don't know, I don't want it.

So, I don't know, it was just really frustrating, and when I saw this

sitting upon the library's bookshelf,ready for me to buy for one dollar,

I was like, you have no idea how excited I was.

It was like the clouds opened and the light shined down and just illuminated this,

and my heart was so happy, and it was like fate had led me to this moment of finding Utopia in my library's book sale,

and you guys just you have no idea how happy and how excited I am to finally own a cool copy of Utopia!

The next book that I found was this copy of poems by John Keats, who, I'm gonna be honest with you,

I don't really remember. I feel like a lot of the poets we read in my British literature classes had very similar sounding names,

like I know there was a Keats, I think there was like Keating, and I think there is Yeats, which is, well, "Yates",

but it's like spelled like the same as Keats, so yeah I'm gonna be honest,

I don't remember exactly what poems Keats has written but I do have a vague memory that I enjoyed him,

like his name when I saw it brought back like a fond feeling,

like it made me feel good,

so I got this book of his poems because it's just so old and like antiquey and I like having this type of stuff on my bookshelf!

I also found this Philippa Gregory book in paperback in the edition that I like,

so I decided to pick it up. This is the Virgin's lover, which I believe is about Queen Elizabeth,

I'm not totally sure, I just have a lot of Philippa Gregory books,

and whenever I see one I just grab it so I can like toss it into my collection.

I'm pretty sure one of these days I'm gonna get around to reading them... maybe.

And then the next two books that I got were a little bit more expensive, they were two dollars a piece,

but so worth it because this book specifically, it's called Wizards and Witches, The Enchanted World,

I don't know, I just know that I remember my grandmother having this book when I was very very little,

and reading it when I was like three or four or something,

I mean, talk about formative stuff, wizards and witches, this formed me,

like this is why I'm a little fantasy trash can.

It has like three sections with different stories, The first is The Singers at the World's Dawn,

the second is Masters of the Forbidden Arts,

and the third is the Shadowy Sisterhood.

This just sounds amazing, and it's just really cool, there's like these cool pages and stuff,

and it's just stories about magic and wizards and witches.

So I'm quite excited to own this, just for like nostalgia purposes.

And then, I don't know, I also picked up the other one that they had there,

which is the same concept but this is Legends of Valor, which is probably like Knights and stuff,

which I'm not as into as witches, if you know what I'm saying.

But it's still really cool and I'm sure that a lot of the stories in here are really cool stories,

because I do like stuff like King Arthur and all that,

I mean I don't know, looks promising.

So I decided to just pick this up too so I could have the set of them.

So those are all of the books that I actually picked out from the book sale,

but then there was also a table of mystery bags for one dollar,

which I decided to get one just because who can resist a mystery/ unwrapping a present. I don't know.

They had different genres, they had like Romance, Mystery, Fiction, I think they had one that was just vintage books,

which I was really tempted to get because I like vintage books,

but I decided to get the variety pack...for extra mystery.

So I have no idea what is gonna be in here.

To be honest I'm sure they're all gonna be crap books,

because if the library thought that they could sell them they probably would have put them on the shelves unwrapped,

so this is probably like all of the reject books from the library,

especially since I got the variety pack, like I feel like they just put like all their leftovers in here.

So you know, to be honest these are probably going right back to the library donation box you know?

Even if I don't like the books that are in here just the thrill, the thrill of it is worth the dollar to me.

So I'm gonna go ahead and open this pack and see what is in here, alright...

Oh my gosh, I wanna tear the paper, this is the whole point.

Alright, what do we have in here?

We've got a Janet Evanovich book, which I'm not interested in.

We've got a Sally Bauman book called The Sisters Mortland.

I've never heard of this book...the cover looks nice.

It's a "haunting, compelling, read-past-midnight novel"... so far so good!

It's the rainless summer of 1967, the setting is the decaying medieval Abbey in England!?!

I love decaying medieval Abbeys!

that the three Mortland sisters call home.

Visiting them is a brilliant young artist who's creating a portrait of the sisters that will one day make him famous.

But as he sketches 13 year old Maisie, the youngest sister and a child on the brink of womanhood,

she begins her own story of her family, their closely guarded secrets, and her own ghostly

macabre,

inner world.

And before the golden summer ends, a catastrophic event shatters the lives of everyone at the Abbey,

and begins two decades of searching for answers about what really happened.

This sounds so good!

Oh my god, I got so lucky! How did they know that this is my type of book??

I loved The Thirteenth Tale, I loved I Capture the Castle...

I really like Downton Abbey, just saying...

This is amazing, I actually got something worth keeping and reading out of this mystery pack!

I am very very pleased!

And the last thing in here is The Light of the Moon by Luanne Rice.

I have no idea what this is either, it's got a big picture on the back though.

I'm always skeptical of books that have the big picture on the back.

And also the authors name like bigger than anything else on the cover...

because to me, I don't know, I'm a little bit biased...

To me that says that we're selling this book because it's from that author,

not because it's actually like a good story, if you know what I mean.

I don't know, like I said, biased.

So I'm a little skeptical but I will read the description,

it says "Spurred by her mother's dying wish, Susannah Connelly has traveled from her lifelong home on the Connecticut shoreline

to the fabled French Camargue? to see its famous white horses and find a mysterious Saint linked to her family's history.

An accomplished anthropologist, Susannah has always been confident of her ability to navigate anywhere on the globe,

but in the wake of a failed love affair and grieving the loss of her mother,

she is adrift and uncertain seeking only time alone to dig deeply into the personal archaeology of her life.

I don't know.

If anyone has read this book or anything by Miss, uh, Luanne Rice,

let me know if it's good and if it's worth umm... trying out.

We'll see I guess, but I'm definitely not as excited about that book as I am about

THIS BOOK that I got in the mystery pack! I'm still so happy!

Anyways those are all of the books that I got from my library's book sale.

Let me know in the comments if you go to your library's book sales,

and if you have found any wonderful treasures at them, because I always do.

Like every time I go I find something exciting, and I would love to hear what you have found at your library book sales.

I hope that you liked this video, if you did go ahead and give it a little thumbs up!

And if you're not already subscribed to my channel you could do that too if you want to!

I try to upload every Monday and Thursday and sometimes Saturdays.

I think I'm gonna start doing Saturdays as like video game days,

so that's when I'll post like my Dragon Age Let's Plays and stuff like that,

maybe some Sims stuff, I was thinking about playing Neopets again, I don't know!

I was thinking about doing like Saturday Games or something like that.

Let me know if you guys think that's cool or not.

But yeah, that's it for this video, and I hope that I get to talk to you soon! Bye!

For more infomation >> Library Sale Haul + Mystery Bag! - Duration: 10:47.

-------------------------------------------

サイドブレーキはもはや絶滅危惧種?ほとんどのメーカが電動パーキングブレーキを採用していることが明らかに - Duration: 4:04.

For more infomation >> サイドブレーキはもはや絶滅危惧種?ほとんどのメーカが電動パーキングブレーキを採用していることが明らかに - Duration: 4:04.

-------------------------------------------

Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI 95PK COSMO 5DRS AUTOMAAT - Duration: 1:09.

For more infomation >> Opel Corsa 1.3CDTI 95PK COSMO 5DRS AUTOMAAT - Duration: 1:09.

-------------------------------------------

(FREE) Drake x BlocBoy JB x Tay Keith 2018 Type Beat "TIMELESS" | DRK - Duration: 3:17.

music

For more infomation >> (FREE) Drake x BlocBoy JB x Tay Keith 2018 Type Beat "TIMELESS" | DRK - Duration: 3:17.

-------------------------------------------

A plus-size triathlete shares

For more infomation >> A plus-size triathlete shares

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Verso-S 1.3 VVT-i Dynamic AUTOMAAT 40.000 km !! CAMERA NAVI BT PDC '11 - Duration: 1:05.

For more infomation >> Toyota Verso-S 1.3 VVT-i Dynamic AUTOMAAT 40.000 km !! CAMERA NAVI BT PDC '11 - Duration: 1:05.

-------------------------------------------

Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Ambition Pro Line S g-tron - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI Ambition Pro Line S g-tron - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Ford S-Max 2.0 ECOBOOST TITANIUM - Duration: 1:02.

For more infomation >> Ford S-Max 2.0 ECOBOOST TITANIUM - Duration: 1:02.

-------------------------------------------

Opel Astra 1.4 TURBO S/S INNOVATION 5DRS 110/150 NAVIGATIE,OPC LINE PAKKET - Duration: 1:05.

For more infomation >> Opel Astra 1.4 TURBO S/S INNOVATION 5DRS 110/150 NAVIGATIE,OPC LINE PAKKET - Duration: 1:05.

-------------------------------------------

Nissan Almera 1.4 S Met Airco - Duration: 1:06.

For more infomation >> Nissan Almera 1.4 S Met Airco - Duration: 1:06.

-------------------------------------------

5 Mistakes New Videographers Make - Duration: 7:04.

Five mistakes beginning filmmakers make and how to avoid them

Hi this JPMorgan and this is Kenneth Merrill today on the slanted eyes

We're gonna talk about the five mistakes the beginning filmmakers make and how to solve them

And these are the things that as I've taught students and I've taught a lot of students over the years in filmmaking classes

I'm looking at these five things are the things that crop up almost immediately and I've got to solve with each and every student so

Let Kenneth and I help you avoid these five mistakes

number one camera moving camera moving is the biggest challenge for people who are just beginning to do filmmaking because

First off. They just want to put the camera on the tripod

It rests there, especially for still photographers. It's easy to focus there when I'm dealing with students

I'm going you know, that's a valid way to make films. You can put the camera on a tripod

Everything's locked off

There's no movement there

But it's probably the least interesting and the one with that really doesn't explore all the wonderful options that filmmaking has to offer

So get the camera off the tripod

now the easiest way to do that is to just handhold it but it's a double-edged sword because

What I did when I was young and I see a bunch of new filmmakers do all the time. It's too shaky to frenetic

They never focus on anything

They never let the camera rest

Settle the camera down get your elbows in

Support your camera in three places and let that camera just sit comfortably in front of you just rock back and forth

It creates a little bit of parallax in the background and it looks really nice. You'll see this on documentaries

You'll see it on television all the time

This is a very common acceptable way to use a handheld camera right now

The reason you move the camera is because you want to direct the viewer at what you want them to see

You don't want to just move it to move it you want to say look. I want you to look at these keys

They just sit on the table, you know, because that's an important part of the storyline

number two is probably the most intimidating thing you're going to need to overcome as a new filmmaker and that is

Sound you honestly cannot overestimate the importance and sometimes a challenge of getting clean audio

Don't pick a place like we have here where you have lots of ambient noises and cars

Going by and dogs barking because the truth is you can't take that out of the audio in post

It's gonna be there and it's gonna sound like garbage. Well you really should do is move to a quieter location

This location is great. It's much better than where we were it's not perfect. We've got somebody's pool cleaner

We've got an airplane up high overhead going by we've got a soccer game

But it's certainly a whole lot better than where we were before you're gonna be able to get better sound here

The next thing to note is that the mic on your camera is not gonna be good enough

it's gonna collect not only is gonna collect all of the

Sound around you but it's just not a very good mic in general. What you really need is some focused sound audio sources, so

professional sets they use shotgun or boom mics and that's definitely an option, but for

Low key or running gun things maybe when you're first starting out we recommend some sort of lavalier solution

Which is what we're using today, we got a lob on is a wireless lob

So it's saying sound back and put it onto the camera

So finally get what they call room tone or ambient sound just roll your camera and just let the camera record

Whatever audio so you're getting here with no one talking no one talking at all and just let it be quiet

Kenneth and I just finished a new download that teaches anybody who knows how to use a camera at all

how to shoot video and we're gonna really concentrate on sound so you

Understand how to do sound one of the scariest things for new filmmakers. So check out our new download

number three another common mistake

I see a lot of beginning filmmakers make is not knowing how to use focus and depth of field to help tell their story

Super shallow depth of field is a very popular look these days and it's totally fine to do that

But you should also take that and use it as an advantage in storytelling so you can know how to introduce new

Elements to a shot or seen that kind of further the story

So don't be afraid to change your focus and help that tell your story

Number four another big mistake that a lot of new film makers make is that they shoot everything in a wide lens

They don't get any coverage. This is just a whole wide shot. Kenzan wants a bowl of cereal here

He's gonna wander around the kitchen getting a bowl of cereal

we can shoot this in a wide shot and it's just not that interesting or

Following him from side to side and it will looks more like we're photographing or videotaping a play

That's not what we want to do

We want this thing to be interesting get why tight and interesting shots as it goes to the cupboard or to the fridge

Put a camera in the fridge to learn it opens up

We see him looking in

When he goes to pick up something like the bull that we want the viewer to look at that make them look at the bull

Here's the ball as he picks it up as he goes to take a bite

So cutting allows you to direct the viewers attention to what you want to tell them

so the story moves forward it also allows your editor to be able to be protected against if I mess up my line you can

Cut to a different take and last of all it just makes your piece a lot more interesting

So why Titan interesting and finally number five the biggest mistake?

filmmakers can make especially beginners is not having a story or something interesting to say a

String of great visuals and with music behind it is not a great video

I mean, it just really isn't try to communicate something try to say something with what you're showing

Try to have a storyline of some sort try to have a meaning and a reason for this video to exist

I know it's really tempting because when you're starting out

It seems like getting a pretty picture is the hardest part

So you tend to focus on that a lot

But the truth is there are so many pretty pictures out there especially online right now

That people won't stop and watch something just for that. They have to be captivated by what's happening

It doesn't have to be a narrative

You don't have to have dialogue

But some sort of structure to it something with a beginning a middle and an end

That communicates an idea a way to move the audience move them to purchase

Move them to feel compassion to donate move them to help or to rescue

I mean there's a lot of different stories out there, but try to get away from pretty pictures with just music

So there's some great information on how to avoid some of the basic mistakes that most film makers make we've got a new download

That's gonna teach you all the things you need to know to avoid all those mistakes and a lot of filmmakers make and beyond that

we're gonna teach you about the things you need to know to crossover from either photography to

Videography or just from a person who has a camera like become a videographer. There are a lot of things

I wish someone had told me like things we talked about in this video when I was starting out mistakes

I made I had to learn the hard way

so in this download we're gonna go over the equipment you need how to use that equipment house up your camera how to light how

to set up sound which is super important thing that took a very long time for me to understand and

Just a lot of great information

There's hours of information here that are going to help you feel confident doing video and making a living at it

So go to the Solano's comm click on the store and get our download today

You

For more infomation >> 5 Mistakes New Videographers Make - Duration: 7:04.

-------------------------------------------

Managing your Linux Flatpak apps from the commandline - Duration: 7:56.

Hi folks! So for today's video I thought I might try something a little bit

different and run through some of the commands that you can use on the command

line to manage flatpak applications now flatpak applications are

applications that are designed to run across a variety of distributions and

I've been trying them out over the past couple of months and I've must say I am

really quite impressed with just how well they work across so many

distributions now as you can see here I have a slightly different operating

system set up I'm giving pop os another go I was quite

impressed with it last time around and I thought it might be worth another review

so rather than focus on the software from the native repository

I'm going to be focusing specifically on flatpaks I'm going to be trying to get

most of my workflow running through a flatpak applications

just to see how far I can use them so today I'm just gonna be

running through some of the basic command line applications but before I

do that it's probably worth me recommending the getting started guide

on the official flatpak website now I'm quite surprised with the number of

distributions that actually ship with flatpak support out of the box but not

every distribution does so to check to see the status of your distribution I

will just put a link to the official getting started documentation in the

description below and if your distribution is not listed amongst them

in the getting started guide it is almost certain that your distribution

will have its own documentation for flatpaks so also one thing to bear in mind

with flatpak is that I'm going to be focusing mostly on the flathub

application center and the reason for that is because there are just a huge

wealth of applications there and it's a good place to get started but there are

other flatpak repositories available so to start off with the most basic

command you can try flatpak I notice the spelling there and flatpak list

and this lists my currently installed flatpak applications and as you can

see I've got a pretty decent selection already installed I've got discord

I've got OBS studio I've got Skype which is particularly important for

meetings with with people who aren't necessarily as interested in Linux as we

are of course we've got the audacity this kdenlive

kdenlive has quite a really good flatpak package there and stunt

rally really good game and then a few other dependencies that get

installed alongside some of the flat pack applications so to have a search to

see if a particular application is available in your currently setup list

of flatpak repositories it's very simple just do flatpak search and for

example for today's tutorial I'm just going to be using Qtox

as an application to demonstrate with but you can use just about any

other application you find in the flathub store so I'm going to look for Qtox

and as we can see here we can see that Qtox is available it's stable and

it is in the flathub repository there with a little bit of a description so to

install it it is quite straightforward so you do a flatpak and also notice

that I'm not using the sudo command prior to it we can do flatpak

install now here's the bit where it's slightly differs from your traditional

package managers like apt or pacman where you have to put in the name of the

repository first and then usually it's just best to copy and paste that's what

I like to do there and then it goes so then it asks you for some permissions

and gives you a bit of basic information there just press Y if you are happy with

that and it basically downloads and installs flatpaks immediately for you

right there rather quick and if I just wanted to see if Qtox was readily

available right out of the box and there we go so Qtox is immediately there

up and running so that is pretty cool and yeah it's as simple as that so let's

get rid of Qtox at the moment right and then we can do flatpak

list so there we can see all of our current

flatpak lists and I am looking for Qtox where is it there there we go it's

this one here so how do we go about removing it well it is actually

rather quite straightforward so we can do it's a very similar command flatpak

remove and then the name of the flatpak

application now the name of the flatpak application is a little

bit more than just Qtox it does come with a little bit of extra information

there but yeah flatpak remove IO github Qtox Qtox and then press

enter uninstalling from system is this okay yes and installing and we're done

so there we go we just search for found installed and

then removed a flatpak package it was is easy as that and one other command

that I'm going to leave you with today which is particularly useful is

flatpak remove - -unused and it has told me that there are no unused

applications so when a flatpak application is installed sometimes it

will need one or two other flatpak dependencies to

make the application work as desired however if you happen to remove that it

doesn't automatically remove all of its

dependencies so from time to time it's

worth using the command flatpak remove unused just to make sure that you don't

have any unused dependencies lying around you can also do flatpak update

and flatpak update just basically looks through all of your flatpak

applications to see if there are any that you can update all of my flatpak

applications are currently updated so I don't have to worry about that and those

are the basic applications of the flatpak command-line tools and yeah I

find it pretty straightforward it's not massively dissimilar to what you're used

to with apt or pacman or DNF and I must say I am incredibly impressed with

with flatpak and it's looking like I can actually get the overwhelming

majority of my work flow available as flat packs which means that I can switch

out my Linux distribution for anything that's supported by flat packs and I can

get my near exact similar workflow with of course the obvious exception of the

desktop environment and the specific workings of the operating system itself but

it's definitely worth a go I can highly recommend it so if you're looking

to get started with flatpak I will of course put a link to the official

getting started guide down in the description below thank you very much

for watching that's about it from me today and I think you can expect a pop

OS review in the future also what I'll do I'll just make sure that there are a

couple of playlists for other similar videos to this which are being listed

as part of the end-screen so if you feel inclined please feel free to check

out some similar videos to this

afterwards so thank you very

much for watching that's about it from me today and until next time

I've been Chris Were and you've been awesome take care now

For more infomation >> Managing your Linux Flatpak apps from the commandline - Duration: 7:56.

-------------------------------------------

Soy Luna 3 - Chłopaki będą mieszkać w rezydencji odc.36 - Duration: 1:36.

For more infomation >> Soy Luna 3 - Chłopaki będą mieszkać w rezydencji odc.36 - Duration: 1:36.

-------------------------------------------

Donald Trump bombarde-t-il à tout va ? - 28 minutes - ARTE - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Donald Trump bombarde-t-il à tout va ? - 28 minutes - ARTE - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Tooth-colored Fillings From Hanson Dentistry - Duration: 0:36.

Hanson Dentistry specializes in "artistry for your smile".

Our friendly and professional team has a long history of making smiles brighter, and you

can count on us when you want to walk away from your trip to the dentist happy with the

results.

For teeth-whitening, smile makeovers, natural-looking fillings, dentures, partials, lumineers and

veneers, implant restoration, and same-day crowns, call Hanson Dentistry today to schedule

your appointment.

And visit our web site at robertnhansondds.com

For more infomation >> Tooth-colored Fillings From Hanson Dentistry - Duration: 0:36.

-------------------------------------------

Depoimentos produtores - Duration: 1:57.

The Made in Farm project puts the rural producer direct with the end customer.

The platform has helped us a lot in this.

It helps us with the two biggest obstacles we small producers have,

which are marketing and logistics as well.

It is the chance that we have to offer the best coffees

to the most demanding consumer markets in the world.

And taking our story too, for the consumer to know.

Then, I can tell this story to my consumers.

So I have the whole history of coffee here.

The coffee I buy is certified.

We at Labareda Coffee are making the first sales

and we are very happy with this possibility.

I even had the possibility of calling the producer to come here,

explain how the coffee production process is.

And consumers are much more aware of how it is produced.

and what they are consuming.

And that's a big plus for us.

This is a great contribution to our work.

So we can focus more on production

and focus on the quality of our special coffee.

Very cool! They are to be congratulated!

And we see that it is a very big possibility for the rural producer.

And this platform ends up coinciding a lot

with the actions of sustainability that we practice,

because a product, to be sustainable,

also have to come at a fair price for the consumer.

It's a smart project with huge growth potential.

It is Bayer, once again, valuing one of its greatest assets: the producer.

For more infomation >> Depoimentos produtores - Duration: 1:57.

-------------------------------------------

ॐ Peaceful Mind mantra - Brings Health Peace & Happiness - Duration: 12:15.

Om, Sarve

bhavantu sukhinah

Sarve santu niramayah

Sarve bhadrani pashantu

Ma hakashchit duhkha bhagbhavet

Om, Sarve

bhavantu sukhinah

Sarve santu niramayah

Sarve

bhadrani pashantu

Ma hakashchit duhkha bhagbhavet

Sarve

Sarve

For more infomation >> ॐ Peaceful Mind mantra - Brings Health Peace & Happiness - Duration: 12:15.

-------------------------------------------

Cécilia Attias en toute vérité : sa rencontre inattendue avec son mari Richard - Duration: 4:13.

For more infomation >> Cécilia Attias en toute vérité : sa rencontre inattendue avec son mari Richard - Duration: 4:13.

-------------------------------------------

【日本語字幕】SHY48 teamSlll 司珀琳生放送「何で予備生の話になるとコメントが増えるの?」180918 - Duration: 13:02.

For more infomation >> 【日本語字幕】SHY48 teamSlll 司珀琳生放送「何で予備生の話になるとコメントが増えるの?」180918 - Duration: 13:02.

-------------------------------------------

Jacques Martin a rêvé de tuer Nicolas Sarkozy parce qu'il lui avait volé Cécilia - Duration: 2:35.

For more infomation >> Jacques Martin a rêvé de tuer Nicolas Sarkozy parce qu'il lui avait volé Cécilia - Duration: 2:35.

-------------------------------------------

Testing Betaflight 4.0 - FPV German Drone Freestyle & Racing - (Paderborn Germany 2018) Lucky Rotors - Duration: 3:45.

For more infomation >> Testing Betaflight 4.0 - FPV German Drone Freestyle & Racing - (Paderborn Germany 2018) Lucky Rotors - Duration: 3:45.

-------------------------------------------

Biographie de Richard Attias - mari de Cécilia Attias - Duration: 1:49.

For more infomation >> Biographie de Richard Attias - mari de Cécilia Attias - Duration: 1:49.

-------------------------------------------

Cécilia Attias : "j'aurais voulu que mon mariage dure toute la vie"- 2013 - Duration: 2:53.

For more infomation >> Cécilia Attias : "j'aurais voulu que mon mariage dure toute la vie"- 2013 - Duration: 2:53.

-------------------------------------------

Carla Bruni – Cécilia Sarkozy : le rendez-vous secret - 2011 - Duration: 2:30.

For more infomation >> Carla Bruni – Cécilia Sarkozy : le rendez-vous secret - 2011 - Duration: 2:30.

-------------------------------------------

Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech 110pk S&S Active - Duration: 1:06.

For more infomation >> Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech 110pk S&S Active - Duration: 1:06.

-------------------------------------------

Vaadin Designer for web

For more infomation >> Vaadin Designer for web

-------------------------------------------

Dark Souls 3 Tuto : Obtenir les Traceurs d'or / Get Gold Tracers - Duration: 8:28.

Hi guys, welcome to this tutorial. I'll show you how to access the Gold Tracer with Cheat Engine

Hi guys, welcome to this tutorial. I'll show you how to access the Gold Tracer with Cheat Engine

Hi guys, welcome to this tutorial. I'll show you how to access the Gold Tracer with Cheat Engine

Hi guys, welcome to this tutorial. I'll show you how to access the Gold Tracer with Cheat Engine

This paired curved sword is here in the game code but we have to use the cheat engine to get it.

This paired curved sword is here in the game code but we have to use the cheat engine to get it.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

Be sure to play offline or use a cracked version of the game to not get banned.

For more infomation >> Dark Souls 3 Tuto : Obtenir les Traceurs d'or / Get Gold Tracers - Duration: 8:28.

-------------------------------------------

Grande Fratello Vip: la marchesa D'Aragona nel cast, fuori Brigitte Nielsen e Anna Falchi - Duration: 10:04.

For more infomation >> Grande Fratello Vip: la marchesa D'Aragona nel cast, fuori Brigitte Nielsen e Anna Falchi - Duration: 10:04.

-------------------------------------------

Donald Trump bombarde-t-il à tout va ? - 28 minutes - ARTE - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Donald Trump bombarde-t-il à tout va ? - 28 minutes - ARTE - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.0D R-SPORT || InControl Touch Pro + Meridian Digital - Duration: 1:15.

For more infomation >> Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2.0D R-SPORT || InControl Touch Pro + Meridian Digital - Duration: 1:15.

-------------------------------------------

Jacques Martin a rêvé de tuer Nicolas Sarkozy parce qu'il lui avait volé Cécilia - Duration: 2:35.

For more infomation >> Jacques Martin a rêvé de tuer Nicolas Sarkozy parce qu'il lui avait volé Cécilia - Duration: 2:35.

-------------------------------------------

Cécilia Attias : "j'aurais voulu que mon mariage dure toute la vie"- 2013 - Duration: 2:53.

For more infomation >> Cécilia Attias : "j'aurais voulu que mon mariage dure toute la vie"- 2013 - Duration: 2:53.

-------------------------------------------

HONEYMOON VLOG | THE MASONS LGBTQ - Duration: 8:56.

We're married

No, don't curse babe we don't curse on the Queen She Channel. Yes, we keep the cursing down to a minimum at least

a minimum

We are going to edit this part out.

We are on our honeymoon and we are on a cruise ship; this is carnival sunshine.

It's hot. We're still at the port. You can tell cuz there's land right there.

Cement, but we are getting ready to disembark and we are so excited.

We're gonna be at sea for like two days.

I forgot my glasses.

And it's hot as hell already. I know I need some sunscreen, so we have to get on that.

So we are at st. Kitts. This is our first international country we have visited together and the first of four countries we will experience during our cruise.

It has to be like 9,000 degrees my

Baby, you look so happy

That's why we're on the beach. We're on a beach extravaganza where they gave us free punch with no alcohol

For more infomation >> HONEYMOON VLOG | THE MASONS LGBTQ - Duration: 8:56.

-------------------------------------------

Cécilia Attias en toute vérité : sa rencontre inattendue avec son mari Richard - Duration: 4:13.

For more infomation >> Cécilia Attias en toute vérité : sa rencontre inattendue avec son mari Richard - Duration: 4:13.

-------------------------------------------

Passive Income Online | Lies and Myths They are Telling When It Comes to Passive Income in 2018 - Duration: 8:02.

googly-moogly I'm going to earn passive

income and I ain't gonna have to work

hard not gonna take a lot of work and I

can sit behind this computer and get fat

and make money without working I see the

light I see the light

what's going on YouTube you're in the

building with Joe boy Oh uncle Mott and

we're bringing you the life games

financial and we're talking about myths

that you hear and see online about

making passive income we're gonna talk

about that right now but first I got to

put on the plus seven glasses of sexy as

hell

work on skilling up my craft giving you

all the better YouTube experience

definitely something better to look at

sponsors of my videos nowadays is HD

IPTV you get everything you see going

across the screen for $14 a month no

contract

check them out the other ones for my

brothers trying to get them cuts for the

sluts or for the ladies out there trying

to get them buts for the months before

the January rush comes check out the two

week diet program it helped me out when

I was going through with the Gold's Gym

challenge so ladies and gentlemen I've

been going through this whole thing

giving you guys snapshots of my life

everything that has helped me liberate

myself and earn passive income and be in

position to kind of give you guys tips

on it now you've never really seen me

sell myself in terms of coaching for

passive income because I just don't just

not what I've been doing you know if you

ask me for help I've been able to give

it most of the time but I see a lot of

stuff on the web about passive income

being easy or someone saying they got

the secret sauce to passive income and

that's just not true so one of the mills

I would say that you see going on out

there and someone telling you they've

got a new secret for passive income you

know someone saying I've got this new

thing that's going to help you get

passive income or whatever ladies and

gentlemans is here to tell you pretty

much everything that has been invented

has been invented when it comes to

making passive income the methods to get

to it is where the sauce lies in not a

new vehicle so for example my two

biggest passive income earners are my

real estate I have a property manager in

place anything that happened

they fix it I get to check every month

I've don't got to worry about it my

YouTube channel

I've got affiliates that I had to put in

work one time two years ago and I still

get paid from that and I also get paid

from YouTube but YouTube itself it's

kind of its kind of passive but it's not

so you know I'm still getting paid for

videos I did years ago however if I

don't keep updating my channel I'm

probably not gonna keep getting paid

from those because Google uses their

algorithm to upgrade people who keep

staying at them so YouTube is kind of

semi active so watch out for someone who

says they have these secret the newness

to get your passive income another thing

is a lot of people don't know the

definition of passive income so what is

passive income something you take some

something you take one action that

allows you to make money without any

more work or limited work required and

so that's where I would say the

definition of something like YouTube

comes in definitely real estate some of

your surefire passive incomes would be

earning dividends from stocks and bonds

your earnings or your mutual funds you

invest at one time and as long as you

don't touch it it grows and compounds

and when you're ready to pull it out you

that's all the passive income you've

made like I said earlier my favorite is

real estate you buy a property one time

you might fix it up put somebody in

place to manage it and then you roll out

on a ticket and you're doing your own

thing that's another form of passive

income so those are great examples of

passive income along with affiliate

marketing if you're doing like a blog or

if you're doing YouTube reviews

affiliate marketers will allow you to

put stuff on your your blog or your

video that can keep making you money

year to year to year that you're not

having to work for anymore as long as

you stay active in your blog or and your

YouTube also people are doing courses

they're teaching you how to make passive

income they're teaching you how to train

how to get fit whatever the case may be

where they take one

that might take a little bit of time

because building the course is not easy

a lot of work is required but once they

get done with it they post it wherever

they need to post it and it keeps

generating them income for years as long

as they're staying active in their

platforms so those would be other ones I

want you to watch out for and then I see

a lot of this going on to people hating

on folks let's say you're somebody who

has made it with active with passive

income

I still like people hating on those that

are still nine-to-five workers or

working for someone or starting a new

business ladies and gentlemen the

old-school way of passive income I mean

the old-school way like the pre

seventies way you start a business you

work that business you upstair your

business till you get it to a point

where it's running itself and you can

step away as an owner because you've got

general managers in place you've got

employees in place all you do is go

manage the count books that is passive

income and that still works to this day

ladies and gentlemen if you're someone

who's jumping out there you're doing

photography you're a swim instructor you

start a personal training business the

ultimate goal is for you to up fit and

up work that business so that it can

sustain itself and you can step away and

all you become as the mouthpiece for the

business you go network at networking

events and send people to your business

so that would be the ultimate way you

would do that influence in terms of

passive income but I do see a lot of

people that are get up here because

they've made it and they'll hate on

folks who are having to do it that way

but ultimately working for the man if

you save your money and invest your

money you'll be able to keep demand to

the curb and then you'll be living off

your dividends which is passive income

so ladies and gentlemen passive income

is real the definition of a dissolve

screwed up from youtube to youtube or

from blog to blog but it is real and it

is not easy when you see something that

says made $20 clicking on the internet

for four minutes a day runs from it

because everything that you do that's

passive it's going to take mass

to work in the beginning did you hear me

passive equals massive work in the

beginning but once you get that

beginning done you can make passive

income but it's just gonna take work

that's gonna do it for this video don't

forget to like my video comment and

subscribe go get yourself that life game

follow my channel subscribe to my

channel like my channel share my channel

as I keep deciphering all these booby

traps that can mess you up and your walk

to getting life games because I'm gonna

keep you abreast because I want you guys

to be successful and by helping you be

successful you'll continue to follow me

we'll meet up and start talking to each

other and see what happens and until

that net sex is hell video I'll see you

you

For more infomation >> Passive Income Online | Lies and Myths They are Telling When It Comes to Passive Income in 2018 - Duration: 8:02.

-------------------------------------------

Carla Bruni – Cécilia Sarkozy : le rendez-vous secret - 2011 - Duration: 2:30.

For more infomation >> Carla Bruni – Cécilia Sarkozy : le rendez-vous secret - 2011 - Duration: 2:30.

-------------------------------------------

Jacques Chirac : on en sait plus sur son état de santé - Duration: 1:35.

For more infomation >> Jacques Chirac : on en sait plus sur son état de santé - Duration: 1:35.

-------------------------------------------

Getting Involved in the Deaf Community (with RIKKI POYNTER) [CC] - Duration: 14:05.

CHRISSY: I keep doing it!

RIKKI: Stop hitting your glasses!

CHRISSY: Stay on my face!

*Hearing aid chimes

*Hearing aid whistles

CHRISSY: Hi everyone Welcome to my channel!

I'm Chrissy and this is-

RIKKI: Rikki!

CHRISSY: Today what we are going to do is discuss getting involved in the deaf community.

So do you want to start with how you got involved in the Deaf community?

RIKKI: So I was 20 years old.

Before that I was really hearing-minded, I just didn't really know any other deaf people.

So after I graduated high school I was trying to find a job and it wasn't really working and then I started youtube.

And it was just, there was something missing, I was just thinking "where are the deaf people?"

And I really started because- well before that- first when I started youtube I wanted to do makeup videos.

And I was like "Are there any other deaf makeup artist?" One.

I'd be on the internet clicking and searching around for a deaf makeup artist. Then I found one.

Then I was like where are more, not just makeup people, just like deaf people.

CHRISSY: Right!

RIKKI: So I'm clicking around on tumblr and looking at the tags, deaf and hard of hearing tags,

and it was a whole new world!

All these people with stories and I click around and read them and I'm like ok so I start following all of them.

And I responded and commented like, "Hi I'm Rikki and I'm trying to learn more about deaf people.

I'm deaf but mainstreamed so I don't know anything about the culture or the community."

and I just was reading more on the internet and interesting youtube videos.

I saw some mainstream deaf people, but mostly asl signing deaf people which is fine, but still not like me.

I grew up different, it was nice to have that deaf connection,

but it was still different community different culture.

Still I'm looking through things watching things. Then – when was it?

2015 that's when I like really started.

I got a movie role, that's a different story, it was awful,

but I met Jules Dameron she's a movie maker and I stayed at her house.

It's funny I couldn't sign for shit. No haha. I could sign water.

And my sign for fly was this- she got the point, but still.

When I arrived at her house there was more deaf people there and I'm like-

WOW

They were signing so fast and I was petrified.

I'm gonna go hide here now go.

First, I was exhausted from flying. Second, I was just scared thinking like these people do not like me.

But, later that night we went to a show and I met more people and it was cool.

I was still intimidated, buts Jules helped me and this one guy he voiced too mostly signed but he was like if you need help-

if you don't understand, I'll help you, I voice sometimes. I was like, "okay thank you,"

he was like, "I don't want you to do that If you're not comfortable,

I know a lot of deaf people aren't comfortable voicing."

I was like, "You don't need to," he was like, "its fine."

I remember we were playing for game night.

Wow that was confusing night. I've never played this game before and I'm learning while you teach me asl.

I was like, "OK," it was funny, it was fun. Then after that-

After that I just started finding more deaf events near where I live

and started going to NCSD, North Carolina School for the Deaf and that's the short story.

CHRISSY: For me my first exposure with my speech therapist.

She knew some signs, so we do speech practice and then after we'd practice some signing.

Signed some things so that really helped me start picking up so I had that.

Middle school I started meeting other deaf people.

I lived in Frederick so it had a big deaf community so I'd meet people.

I'd be like "Hi my name is Chrissy" signing slowly and try and make conversation.

I made some friends improved my life a little bit. But my life was still focused on the hearing world.

In this life, you're kinda stuck, you don't know how to fit and intergrate, you have two worlds.

Then I think I started going to a camp, which now I'm a counselor for.

Camp Manidokan, Deaf camp, there I started picking up more ASL.

That started motivating me more seeing Deaf people and hearing people socializing.

I was like maybe I can do it.

So, I went every summer and improved my signing.

Then when I was older I started looking at facebook, which is the best place to find the deaf community.

So I'd read through facebook and find deaf events, got involved met other people.

I think it's the best way to start intergrating yourself with deaf people.

So, now I go to school in santa cruz, which was a new place needed to meet new people.

So I went to Deaf events and socialized. That's how that happened.

RIKKI: A lot of people are nervous. What if I go and people don't like me? That may happen.

I know from experience. But if someone doesn't like you, someone else will.

Like if you are hearing maybe someone won't like you, but someone else hearing will.

If someone doesn't like the fact that you are new. Like if you are deaf but new to the culture and community

some people will be like- but don't care that doesn't matter, get rid of them.

CHRISSY: That's their bias. Their mind set, there is nothing wrong with you.

RIKKI: Just find people who will help you.

CHRISSY: So what do you think the benefits to getting involved in the deaf community?

RIKKI: There is a few.

One: you won't feel alone. For years both of us were like hmm this is shitty.

Now we've found more deaf people yay.

Two: you learn more. Three: you make friends, learn more information about the community and culture.

You will probably find your family. Your choice family.

Before I hated being deaf, I hated hearing loss, weird whatever.

CHRISSY: Mainstream makes it really negative image.

But when you are involved in the deaf community there is nothing negative about it. Deaf is a positive thing.

RIKKI: Yes sometimes is normal to feel frustrated.

Maybe if like you can't hear this one thing, but now you just feel better. Less shitty.

CHRISSY: New way to socialize, new culture, new things. Never had before.

RIKKI: Like if you are hearing a lot of people think like,

"but we have the ADA law, if somethings not accessible, its accessible! We have the ADA!" That fix.

ADA's like what 28 years old. IDK math. Still shit.

CHRISSY: Yeh the best way for things to be accessible is to pick up signs and get involved in the deaf community.

Things are 100% accessible if you socialize with other deaf people

if you pick up the culture and community and things.

RIKKI: And most of the time if youre loud, we cant hear it.

If we are asleep and you break or drop something and its loud. It's fine. Watch TV as loud as you want.

CHRISSY: True, benefits.

RIKKI: Sometimes, maybe hear a little bit, depends on the person.

CHRISSY: True.

RIKKI: Just a funny thing.

CHRISSY: Other thing is that everyone is invited. Nobody is forbidden from getting involved in the community.

I know there are many hard of hearing people who are stuck in between the deaf and hearing world.

Like am I forbidden from getting involved? No you are not.

I think everyone should be involved, if you are part of the community you are part of it.

Don't have to be alone with anything.

RIKKI: Hearing loss is hearing loss.

CHRISSY: Similarity between us all.

RIKKI: Hoh people benefit from ASL, whatever language.

CHRISSY: There is a little bit of privilege being able to listen pick up things, but you can still get involved.

You want the world accessible too.

RIKKI: If you need more information, comment.

CHRISSY: Comment below if you relate with anything, or if you learned something, or if you want to add anything

about getting involved with the deaf community, events, fest, whatever. Thanks for watching!

RIKKI: See you later!

RIKKI: See you later!

For more infomation >> Getting Involved in the Deaf Community (with RIKKI POYNTER) [CC] - Duration: 14:05.

-------------------------------------------

Jean Piat « savait que c'était la fin » : il était très affaibli - Duration: 1:47.

For more infomation >> Jean Piat « savait que c'était la fin » : il était très affaibli - Duration: 1:47.

-------------------------------------------

Fearless Fellows: Episode 20 - Grace - Duration: 1:34.

My name is Grace Okerson and I'm

originally from Miramar, Florida serving

in Detroit Michigan at the NOAH project.

I was facing graduation and I didn't

really know what was next for me

and I heard about Global Mission Fellows.

I had a feeling that that's what God was

calling me towards.

To figure out what the next

steps are for my life.

So before I started at the NOAH project, I didn't

really know a lot about homelessness, but

since working at the NOAA project for

these past eight months it has been

something that I have advocated for

profusely and something that I've really

researched and learned about.

One of the main things that we do is we are a

storage facility, it really allows me to

talk to clients and they love to tell me

that, 'I'm getting these shoes for an interview'

or

'I got housing, so I'm emptying out my storage container,'

so those are like some of my favorite

memories because it really allows me to

get to know my clients.

As a nation we need to have more compassion.

We're lacking compassion in our everyday interactions

and to be able to see other

people as human beings and as people

that deserve dignity and respect, we need

to really have compassion for others as

well as compassion for ourselves.

For more infomation >> Fearless Fellows: Episode 20 - Grace - Duration: 1:34.

-------------------------------------------

T'étais où? - Duration: 4:01.

For more infomation >> T'étais où? - Duration: 4:01.

-------------------------------------------

Configurer TVHeadEnd (TVH) - Duration: 6:00.

For more infomation >> Configurer TVHeadEnd (TVH) - Duration: 6:00.

-------------------------------------------

Brave Battle Saga Review - St1ka's Retro Corner (Sega Genesis / Mega Drive) - Duration: 14:54.

For more infomation >> Brave Battle Saga Review - St1ka's Retro Corner (Sega Genesis / Mega Drive) - Duration: 14:54.

-------------------------------------------

STORY TIME(01):mon ex a failli me tuer - Duration: 18:19.

For more infomation >> STORY TIME(01):mon ex a failli me tuer - Duration: 18:19.

-------------------------------------------

Prince Harry sneaks samosas from Meghan's cookbook launch: watch video - Duration: 2:52.

 It appears Prince Harry enjoyed the food on offer at the launch of his wife Meghan's cookbook on Thursday - so much so, that he couldn't resist sneaking some extra out with him! The Duke of Sussex was spotted pinching some samosas in a video shared on Twitter by ITV journalist Chris Ship, then promptly hiding them behind his back when he started chatting to a group outside Kensington Palace

After realising he'd been caught, the Prince gave a cheeky laugh to the cameras in the amusing clip

 Harry was on hand to support Meghan as she celebrated the launch of the cookbook she helped to produce, called Together: Our Community Cookbook

The Duchess' mother Doria Ragland also made a surprise appearance at the event, where the couple invited women from the Hubb Community Kitchen to showcase their creations to members of the local community, representatives from Ebury Press, Al Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre and The Royal Foundation

 Meghan gave a three-minute speech without notes at the event, saying: "On a personal note I'm especially grateful because this is my first project so I appreciate your support for the vision that I had for this and seeing it come to fruition

And everyone behind the scenes: it truly took a village to see this through. Everyone embraced this so deeply because it's been a passion project for all of us and for very good reason

 GALLERY: See highlights from Meghan's cookbook launch  "The power of food is more than just the meal itself, it is the story behind it

And when you get to know the story of the recipe, you get to know the person behind it

And that's what we're talking about in terms of coming together to really engage and talk

To be able to celebrate what connects us rather than what divides us, I believe, is the ethos of Together

"  Her mum, meanwhile, embraced each of the women with a warm hug, telling them: "It's amazing

I'm just as excited as you are." Speaking of the Duchess' experience at the kitchen, she said: "She felt very much at home

I'm so glad I can put the face with the recipes. I'm going to tell everyone, I met her [each of the cooks]! I'm going to make everything, I'm serious

"  MORE: Watch Prince Harry play stylist to Meghan's hair  Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox

For more infomation >> Prince Harry sneaks samosas from Meghan's cookbook launch: watch video - Duration: 2:52.

-------------------------------------------

Sequential Turn Signals DIY - Block diagram - Duration: 3:26.

A couple days ago on this sequential turn signal video, JTinnon asked if I could share

the schematics for this circuit.

I put this together a couple decades ago and honestly cannot remember if I made a schematic

for it or not.

I looked in the couple places where thought I might have them stashed and couldn't

find any so I drew out some block diagrams.

I'll show these right now at the House of Hacks.

[Intro]

Hi! Harley here.

If you're interested in workshop projects made out of things like wood, metal and electronics,

consider subscribing so you won't miss a thing.

In the previous video JTinnon commented on, I discussed the philosophy of design for this

project and displayed a couple partial diagrams, but I never showed the whole thing.

In this video, I'll show the complete, high-level diagram.

And everything I show today can be downloaded from GitHub at the link below.

There are also links to other resources that might be helpful in understanding this circuit.

First, here's a block drawing of all the functional pieces.

I go into this in more detail in the earlier video, but again in brief, there's a pulse

generator whose output is fed into the input of a binary counter.

The pulse generator can be any circuit producing regular pulses that can be detected by the

input of the binary counter.

In my case I used a 555 timer in an astable multivibrator configuration with a variable

resistor in order to be able to control the speed.

Two sequential bits on the output of the binary counter are fed in to the least significant bits

of the address lines on the ROM.

The output from switches indicating right, left and brake are fed into the inputs on

address bits 2, 3 and 4 of the ROM.

The 12v signals coming from the switches are conditioned through some voltage shifters.

Address bits 5, 6 and 7 are unused and tied to ground.

The data outputs from the ROM are fed into the inputs of a buffer chip that is subsequently

used to drive display circuitry.

Next, let's look at the schematic for the voltage shifter since it's a little bit

unique.

The issue is the signal coming from the switches is either 12 volts or nothing.

12 volts is too high for the 5 volt logic circuits.

And the logic gates can't cope with the floating, non-connected switch when it's turned off.

So the 12 volt on/off signal needs to be converted to 5 volts that is either a voltage or ground.

To do this, I used a 5 volt zener diode in a voltage regulator configuration.

This changes the 12 volts to 5 volts.

Next I put in a resistor to ground in parallel.

This ensures that when there's no connection, the signal goes to ground instead of floating

at an indeterminate value.

The voltage for all the logic circuits comes from a 7805-based regulator.

There are lots of schematics for this on the web.

I've left links in the resources section below.

But if I were doing this again, I'd probably use a buck converter for better efficiency.

And here's how I programmed the memory.

Given there are 5 address lines being used, that means there are 32 memory locations that

need to be programmed.

Since the bottom two address bits vary by time from 0 to 3 and address lines 2, 3 and

4 represent switch states that can be from 0 to 7, the whole thing can be thought of

as 8 groups of 4.

Each group represents one combination of switch settings and the 4 items in that group represent

what lights are on at four points in time.

I hope that gives some additional insight into this circuit design.

I'm thinking about doing a similar circuit that uses an Arduino.

Leave a comment below if this is something you'd be interested in.

Thanks for joining me on this creative journey that we're both on.

Until next time, go make something.

Perfection's not required.

Fun is!

No comments:

Post a Comment