Hello everyone.
My friends at NVIDIA have sent me this behemoth of a monitor, the ASUS ROG Swift PG27U, 4K,
HDR, G-SYNC, high refresh rate monitor.
What does that all of that even mean, Datto?
I will explain, I know, I threw a lot of buzzwords at you.
But they sent me this monitor, this video is sponsored by them and they were like "we're
gonna send you a monitor and we want you to check it out and make a video," and I said...
well alright.
So that's what we're gonna do, we're gonna unbox this thing and do a showcase for you
guys and give you my thoughts on this monitor.
Right off the bat, we're gonna talk about the visuals, we'll get to those buzzwords
in a minute.
So, Destiny, pretty good looking game already on PC, I know it's a pretty optimized game
as far as being able to run well and look good at the same time.
And for the most part, I don't think many people have a problem with how Destiny looks
as a game.
It is one of the few games that supports HDR, High Dynamic Range.
Now, I've never been huge into going beyond 1080p because I've never really thought that
I needed it, I tend to play games that require high refresh rates and frame rates and thus
drop a lot of my settings to low.
BUT, now we got this monitor to try out some HDR action and you know, I thought Destiny
looked pretty good already... but we can flip on the HDR switch with this monitor.
Now, I can't show you guys EXACTLY what it looks like since I'd need to make an HDR video
and you'd need an HDR monitor to see it, but I can simulate the experience, twist a couple
of knobs here and it basically looks like this.
HDR, as I'll explain later, looks to give you a better visual experience by giving you
10 bit color instead of 8 bit.
As you can probably tell, we darker dark areas, brighter bright spots, more vibrant color,
things look richer.
The color is just really, really good looking, by far the best I have ever seen Destiny 2
look or basically any other game, HDR just looks amazing AND being able to play it at
a higher than 60Hz refresh rate is just great as well.
Playing at 60 Hz is good, but after playing at 144 for the past while, playing at 60 just
felt sluggish at times and with this monitor, I don't really get that feeling too much,
if at all.
Without HDR on after experiencing HDR, the game looked like it's washed out a little
bit, still looks great, but with HDR, it is just really something beautiful to look at.
On the 120Hz setting we're not at the 10 bit color, we're at 8 bit with dithering, so the
computer is making an approximation, but it still looks phenominal and that's basically
what I wanted to show and talk about in this part of the video.
Playing Destiny 2 in 4K, in HDR, with G-SYNC, at higher than 60Hz refresh rate.
In short, it is a thing of absolute beauty and I can't wait for more games to get HDR
and for HDR to become more widely available.
I've gotten the question of "what's your favorite visual from Destiny," like what's basically
my favorite thing to look at in the game, a bunch and I thought it would be cool to
answer it in this video since we're gonna be talking about HDR a little later.
For me, I think the Argos boss arena is still one of my favorites, but with the addition
of the Whisper quest, it's gotten close.
Argos is just, hey, you're in the middle of space,
crazy skyboxes, lots of particle effects, really cool looking area.
I really like the sense of scale in the Whisper mission, you feel so small in comparison to
everything going on around you.
Mercury and the Infinite Forest from a visual standpoint is also really cool looking, especially
when standing by the Lighthouse and just getting a view of the entire place, especially in
HDR.
The Pyramidion has been my favorite strike this year and that's partly because I've always
been fascinated by Vex architecture, going all the way back to the Vault of Glass, I
guess that's why Argos is my favorite.
So, that's what I wanted to do first, but I also wanted to talk about the monitor as
a whole, sort of in review form.
I threw a lot of buzzwords at you and if you don't really do a lot of PC gaming or if you're
not in that world, I'll explain, I just wanted to show you guys some gameplay first and kind
of show off what the HDR experience is like.\par So first, 4k, that's pretty simple, that's
the resolution of the monitor.
I'd say 1080p is pretty much the standard at the moment, which is 1920x1080, this monitor
is 4k, which 3840x2160, quite large, basically 4x the size.
It is a 27 inch monitor and to a lot of people that is going to seem small, to others it'll
be in the sweet spot.
With the 27 inch monitor, you're getting higher PPI, pixels per inch, than a 32 inch monitor,
32 inch monitor is a bit more real estate, I've seen every argument in every other youtube
review of this monitor, 27 is the best, 32 is the best, all depends on what you like.
Next, HDR, HDR is High Dynamic Range, which has been around for a little while now and
has only recently been getting more support from developers as the technology starts to
become more available.
In VERY short, HDR is all about trying to make your viewing experience on a monitor
look more like real life, darker darks, brighter brights, better contrast with a wider range
of colors.
It's basically upgrading the 4K experience from what you already have going.
It's higher in quality than the standard dynamic range, bet I really blew your mind with that
one, SDR uses a bit depth of 8-bits per sample, while HDR can go to 10-bit color and so, you
can get better quality colors and a wider color gamut compared to a conventional display.
Refresh rate is the rate at which your monitor refreshes the screen, or rather how many times
per second your monitor updates.
This is not the same as frame rate, which is how often a VIDEO can get an entire frame
of new information to your monitor.
If you're playing a monitor that has a 60Hz refresh rate, that means the monitor can only
refresh 60 times per second, meaning a frame rate higher than 60 frames per second is basically
wasted since your monitor can't go any faster.
This monitor has 3 refresh rates, 98, 120 and 144Hz.
98Hz keeps the 10 bit RGB444 color support with HDR, but drops to 8 bit RGB444 with dithering
with 120Hz so it's not true 10-bit, and with 144Hz, where you need to overclock the monitor
to actually do that, drops it to YUV422 chroma subsampling.
What that essentially means is as the refresh rate goes up, the bit and color quality dips
a little bit.
For high action games, specifically shooters, you're going to want a higher refresh rate,
whereas for less intense games or games that don't rely on insanely fast reaction times,
98Hz and HDR is pretty amazing looking.
G-SYNC is done through Nvidia hardware, where if you have an NVIDIA graphics card and a
monitor that supports gsync, it'll match your refresh rate to the frame rate of your game.
When these are not matched up, sometimes you can experience screen tearing, which is where
a screen is showing multiple frames in a single refresh and that's can make your gameplay
not exactly smooth.
GSYNC attempts to rectify this by constantly trying to match both refresh rate and frame
rate so that you don't get screen tearing.
The reason why this monitor is such a big deal is because up until recently, you couldn't
really get 4K AND HDR AND high refresh rates all in one monitor.
I use ASUS VG248QE monitors, which is a great entry level 144Hz refresh rate monitor, and
what ASUS did with the 27U is take that monitor, made it 4K and gave it HDR.
This monitor in particular also has 4ms response time, which means very low latency between
typing on the keyboard or moving your mouse and having it happen on screen, not the lowest
I've ever seen on a monitor, but given the other stats, it's pretty low, basically unnoticeable
to most people.
It does also have a fan built into the monitor, so that is something to keep in mind, but
with a set of headphones on, I haven't been able to hear it over the sound of an actual
fan blowing air at me, much less the sound of the game itself.
ROG also gave it a bunch of extra gamery bells and whistles, including a giant light up logo
on the back if you want it.
I don't normally have the extra lights on because I might as well live in a dungeon
where no one dares to tread, so I have no one to impress.
The bezels are pretty thick compared to some other modern day bezels, but that doesn't
really bother me too much, more of an aesthetic choice if anything.
I have a couple of gripes with the monitor though.
First one, and this shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, is that you need a LOT
of GPU power to keep things steady at 4K at 120 FPS or you need to play on lower settings.
SLI isn't nearly as popular as it used to be, nor has it really felt necessary in the
last few years for triple A gaming, so you really need to bring some serious power to
max this thing out, not for the faint of heart.
Another smaller thing is HDR support.
There isn't a lot of support for HDR content yet because the technology is still being
adopted.
You got your Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, etc, etc, but as far as gaming, well, it's
a growing scene that should be getting more support over the next couple of years.
Destiny 2 obviously has it, conveniently, and I know Anthem, another game I hope to
be diving into, will be coming with HDR support.
But otherwise, there's only a few dozen titles capable.
Regardless, this is still one of the top monitors out there if you're into 4K gaming and you
need that higher than 60Hz refresh rate.
If you're out there looking for THE top of the line kind of hardware, if you're that
level of an enthusiast, and you have the cash to spare, it's not getting much better than
this for the time being.
However, if you are into esport style games, your CS:GOs, your League of Legends, DOTA
2, you're probably not going to need this level of graphical fidelity, you're probably
going to want to stick with a 1080p, super high refresh rate monitor, 144, 165, 180,
up to 240Hz, with low latency response times.
It'll probably be a while before we see 4K getting above 144Hz to the point where you
can actually run games at that level.
But for the RPG player, Destiny player, stuff like Battlefield, DOOM or general enthusiast
PC player, this is the real deal.
Thanks again NVIDIA for sponsoring this video, if you're interested in getting an HDR monitor
or GSYNC monitor of your own, you can check the link in the description, I've heard great
things about the PG278Q and compared to the 27U at least, it's a little more affordable.
Thanks for watching, I'll see you next time.
For more infomation >> Russian Arms Maker Reveals Mecha 'Concept' That Looks Suspiciously Like a Giant Robot Statue - Duration: 2:06. 

For more infomation >> [Türkçe Altyazılı] Soojin, Shuhua ve Yuqi Vlive yayını 1.part - Duration: 11:49. 
For more infomation >> EPA Proposes Affordable Clean Energy Rule To Replace Clean Power Plan - Duration: 8:04. 
For more infomation >> How to put the ears of the dog Kane Cocos. # Canecorso - Duration: 5:30.
For more infomation >> Renault Grand Scénic 1.6 AUTHENTIQUE | Trekhaak | LM Velgen | Airco | - Duration: 1:06.
For more infomation >> Renault Twingo 0.9 TCe Dynamique | Open dak | PDC | Airco | Navi | LM velgen | Cruise | Bluetooth | - Duration: 1:11.
For more infomation >> Descubre el misterio: ¿Qué pasaría si la Reina Letizia se divorcia de Felipe? - Parte I - Duration: 7:18.
For more infomation >> Kia Rio 1.2 Super Pack Nap Clima Cruise Bluetooth - Duration: 0:54.
For more infomation >> Mazda CX-5 2.0 SKYACTIV-G 165pk 2WD Skylease+ - Duration: 0:55.
For more infomation >> Fiat 500 TwinAir Turbo 80pk Lounge - Duration: 0:53.
For more infomation >> BMW 5 Serie Touring 523i Business Line Leer / Groot Navi - Duration: 1:08.
For more infomation >> Volkswagen Polo 1.4 TDI 90 PK | 5D | Navi | PDC - Duration: 1:07.
For more infomation >> Fiat 500 TwinAir Turbo 80pk Lounge - Duration: 0:53.
For more infomation >> Mazda 2 1.5 SKYACTIV-G GT-M LINE Navi ECC LMv - Duration: 1:12.
For more infomation >> Opel Corsa 1.4, 90pk 5d Black Edition ** Navi, Zwarte 16 inch velgen ** - Duration: 0:54. 


For more infomation >> Inmate death investigation - Duration: 1:19. 

For more infomation >> Hateful CNN Analyst Bashes Conservative Guest, Trump Intervenes & Makes Him Pay - Duration: 5:00.
For more infomation >> Кровь, пыль и пробки: вся правда о дороге в Крым - Duration: 11:29.
For more infomation >> Caças chineses se deslocam para aeródromo russo - Duration: 2:47. 
For more infomation >> La Rosa de Guadalupe | Capítulo Corazón robado - Duration: 4:08.
For more infomation >> 沒想到你是這樣子的K湯!柯瑞曝G1賽後細節:Klay在更衣室高喊謝謝JR! - Duration: 6:02. 

For more infomation >> Gentlemen Singers - A prayer of Marta (1968) - Duration: 4:01.
For more infomation >> "Μπορείτε να χρησιμοποιήσετε κι άλλες διάνοιές εκτός από τη δική σας." - Duration: 1:21. 
For more infomation >> Hättet ihr gedacht, dass sich Prinzessin Estelle so sehr auf die Schule freut? - Duration: 3:00. 
No comments:
Post a Comment