Friday, April 21, 2017

Youtube daily report Apr 21 2017

These days, it seems like we're finding water all over the solar system.

Still, it takes a lot more than a little H2O to support life.

The environment also needs a source of energy and the perfect cocktail of elements, and

that's been a lot harder to find.

But last week, in a paper in the journal Science, researchers announced that we might have found

that mix on Saturn's moon Enceladus, which has a huge ocean underneath its icy surface.

Back in 2005, when the Cassini spacecraft was still young and full of energy, it observed

plumes of water ice and other vapor spraying out of cracks in the surface of Enceladus.

We had no idea those plumes existed before we got there, but thankfully Cassini was already

equipped with an instrument to identify their composition.

The instrument, called the Ion and Neutral Mass Spectrometer, or INMS for short, was

originally designed to sample the atmosphere of Titan, another one of Saturn's moons,

but it was perfect for Enceladus, too.

And now, 12 years and 22 Enceladus flybys later, researchers have identified the gas

in the plumes: It's almost 98% water, about 1% hydrogen, and a combination of other molecules

like carbon dioxide, methane, and ammonia.

We've known about most of those components for a while, but that hydrogen gas — which

might be coming from chemical reactions near hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor — is

big news!

That's because, here on Earth, we've seen microorganisms combine hydrogen and carbon

dioxide to create energy in a reaction called methanogenesis.

Like the name suggests, the reaction also produces methane, which we've also seen

in Enceladus' plumes.

Now, even though Enceladus has the right ingredients for some methanogenic microbes to survive,

it doesn't mean there /has to be/ life there.

We just know it's possible, since life on Earth can make do with some hydrogen and CO2.

We don't have any more missions to Enceladus on the calendar just yet, but maybe we'll

go get a closer look someday.

So if any microbes are out there, listening to this YouTube video, just hang in there

for a while!

Meanwhile, next door at Jupiter, NASA also announced that the Hubble Space Telescope

spotted more evidence for water plumes on Europa.

Because apparently all the cool moons have water plumes these days.

We /think/ we've seen them before — once in 2012 and again in 2014.

And, as published last week in The Astrophysical Journal Letters, in 2016 the Hubble telescope

spotted what looks like another plume in the same spot as the 2014 one, shooting water

100 kilometers into the air! -and by air, I mean space...

That might sound like pretty clear evidence, but because of how we've been looking at

them, it's still hard to say for sure what these plumes are or if they even exist.

Like with Enceladus, NASA is especially interested in Europa because it most likely has an enormous,

liquid water ocean under its icy crust — in fact, Europa probably has twice as much water

as all the oceans on Earth combined!

For years, scientists have been hoping to take samples of Europa's ocean, but there

hasn't been clear evidence for easily-accessible water plumes like on Enceladus.

Scientists can only see these plumes when one erupts just as Europa is passing in front

of Jupiter, from Hubble's perspective.

Then, the plume blocks out some of the ultraviolet radiation from the planet behind it, which

we can see as a silhouette with the Hubble's Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph, or STIS.

The possible 2014 and 2016 plumes came from the same place on Europa's surface, which,

according to data from NASA's Galileo spacecraft, seems to be a slightly cracked warm spot.

This could mean that there's a place on Europa with consistent plumes that are somehow

heating up the nearby surface.

But there's always a chance that we're misinterpreting something about all these

results, because the Hubble telescope wasn't designed to make these specific observations.

So we'll keep using Hubble to monitor Europa for more evidence, but in the meantime, NASA

is working on other projects!

Next fall, the James Webb Space Telescope will launch, and it will have an infrared

camera that could help confirm if the plumes are really there.

And the Europa Clipper Mission, which is scheduled to launch in the 2020s, will have a powerful

ultraviolet camera on board.

This spacecraft will get a closer look at Europa than Hubble ever could.

So hopefully in a few years, we'll be able to tell you if plumes on Europa exist and

what their composition is, just like we can with Enceladus!

But even now, some of the water worlds of the solar system are looking a lot more interesting

and promising in our search for life off-Earth.

Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Space News, brought to you by our patrons

on Patreon.

To help support the show, go to patreon.com/scishow, and for more space news every week — including

more updates on the end of the Cassini mission — go to youtube.com/scishowspace and subscribe.

For more infomation >> New Watery Discoveries on Enceladus and Europa! - Duration: 4:51.

-------------------------------------------

STARTING ON ENGLISH VIDEOS AND MAKE A TEST FAIL ON 1080P GOPRO 3 TWO FIRST TIMES HONDA NC 750 S A - Duration: 8:58.

Hello people, Great V for everyone. This will be

a series of videos in English, which I'll do.

I will make videos in Portuguese, but I will also make many videos in English.

So I decided to make a series of videos in English.

Some subscribers asked: - Because you do not do more videos in English.

Well. I have some videos in English here, the series

Sync The Planet for example that I did twice, I did

in 2016 and 2015, two years, this year is on August 5,

I do not think I'm lying, I think it's on 5 August.

I think Moto is hot now, you are hot, it is, you are very

hot, you're so hot, I'm crazy for you, you're so good.

I am being pig.

Let's go,

She likes it.

Look at that girl. My God.

You like, put a LIKE on that girl go there. And that too.

We have beautiful girls in this country - you can come here and see the beautiful girls.

Let me tell you my story about English

I never had English school, never, no I'm kidding it's true. Never had.

As I learned English, well my English is not very good either. Maybe they understand me

or not, leave a comment on this, if understand what you are trying to say.

Let me see if I am recording video, yes I am recording video.

Ok I have time, I'm late to work, but I have

time, Citroen you can go, yes fine, you'll stop there, no.

I know to say Fuck in English very well, yes. Fuck.

Okay, I'm late for work, and I'm going to be even later.

So what's my story in English again, I think it's by

third time. I never had school in English, here in Portugal, when

I arrived with 6 years coming from France. I could not even speak Portuguese, in

Truth I speak Portuguese so well as I speak English, sucks.

Sometimes I forget some words in Portuguese,

And sometimes when I speak English I forget some words in English.

And because I got here with 6 years, with a bit of

French in the head, I do not speak French too.

I can speak French too, I understand French, but I can not speak well.

Then maybe, I can pass here of course.

I do not go very far but I will do it.

It's always better than being behind a truck,

Waiting for someone to make a Sandwich from me.

OK.

I can wait here now.

Okay. What an interesting ride, very interesting.

So I've never been to school, and of course the worst of

Everything, I married a Spanish girl.

Yes is true.

So now I know 4 languages. I understand French but I do not speak well.

I understand Portuguese and I speak Portuguese very badly, sometimes

I miss some words in Portuguese. I can talk a little

English and understand English, but not I can speak English very well.

I think I can not, yes I can, I'm going to do something, not me.

They saw, they did not see, I'm going to cut it, they did not go

see, wait for the end of the video maybe put there what I did here.

It's too hot, no ace girls I'm sorry,

not the girls. The weather is hot.

Now it's hot, fire, looks like the actress who married

with Brad Pitt, very well Angelina Joliet.

This is my next project, CarVlog. "And I'm armed."

I'm going to kill some of those suckers Motorcyclists know.

This should be one of the most beautiful displays that I know, let's see what happens.

Oh my.

It works.

So this is the second part of the first video,

about English, and meanwhile I've been working

And now I'm going home. But I do not remember

I said the first video, then. "Let's jump."

Let's see if I record some situations like people who try to kill

Biker, because, it is fashion now on the internet.

Title. "This guy tried to kill me.

So I'm doing a test here at 1080p, and

making a video in English a long time no

I made a video in English, I created a folder

on my Youtube the channel for videos in English,

Now I think it's time, I think I won

enough confidence in my English too,

to go in the videos, is not really really good English,

But let's try, let's see what happens.

And so I am training my English, the account of it.

So what can I do.

White car bastard, he smashed, I'll screw.

Also, here it is rubbish. "I'm a big bastard.

And here you will not do anything, walk there let me pass. Very well.

Here is the end of my journey, you see, I will have to wait.

It's green, I will not get the green, all these cars have to go are to see.

Go there go, go, go Tucson, go Tucson, go Tucson.

Tucson is a place in the United States right?

Very good Tucson you are very good, but it was not for me that

You did this, it was to leave this BMW to park.

Well, great V for everyone, hope you like the video, I do not

I know if I'm going to upload the video, but - this is for you. Bye.

I say, never do a thing of these OK, this

It's just for me that I'm very stupid, OK.

For more infomation >> STARTING ON ENGLISH VIDEOS AND MAKE A TEST FAIL ON 1080P GOPRO 3 TWO FIRST TIMES HONDA NC 750 S A - Duration: 8:58.

-------------------------------------------

How Lana Del Rey's "Lust For Life" References A Hollywood Suicide | Genius News - Duration: 2:36.

Lana Del Ray is putting us up on some eerie Hollywood history with her new song

'Lust For Life' featuring The Weeknd

These lyrics seem to be a clue into the inspiration

for the song, Peg Entwistle aka The Hollywood Sign Girl.

Peg moved to Hollywood from New York in the 1920s—she had some success as a stage actress

but struggled on the west coast.

In 1932 she committed suicide by jumping off the H of the Hollywood sign—her single film

credit a movie called 'Thirteen Women.'

Peg was only 24 years old at the time.

The 'Lust For Life' album trailer also draws comparisons to Peg's story and myth.

In the trailer, Lana narrates a visual of herself, depicted as a ghost and living in

the middle of the H in the Hollywood sign.

To this day, people still report seeing Peg on that same H she jumped from more than 80 years ago.

There is also a ladder in the trailer.

Peg reportedly used a workman's ladder to get up to the H before she jumped to her death.

The director of Lana's album trailer, Clark Jackson, also confirmed to Pitchfork that

there are indeed hidden tie ins people should take notice of, saying:

"Each thing was placed on purpose.

We want people to ask, "why a ladder?

"Why the seven planets?"

As songs and the rest of the album are released they will become more clear."

And while this Hollywood Sign Girl theme may not be throughout the whole album, it is most

likely the inspiration for this title track.

Clark Jackson told Pitchfork:

"I think I can safely say that the first single is going to be rather Hollywood-centric.

It ties in for sure."

The video for the song 'Lust For Life' has Lana & The Weeknd sitting on top of the

H that Peg still haunts.

And in Lana's lap, a notebook.

This could be in reference to Peg's suicide note: found in her purse alongside her body,

2 days after her jump.

The note read: "I am afraid I am a coward.

I am sorry for everything.

If I had done this a long time ago it would have saved a lot of pain."

that gave me chillsss

I can't wait to see what else Lana has in store for us.

Reports have it, her 5th studio album, 'Lust For Life' could be coming as soon May 26th.

I'm Letty for Genius News, bringing you the meaning and breaking knowledge behind the music.

See you next time.

For more infomation >> How Lana Del Rey's "Lust For Life" References A Hollywood Suicide | Genius News - Duration: 2:36.

-------------------------------------------

Playoff beards with Jordie Benn: Lesson 03 (Goatees) - Duration: 0:33.

When it comes to your beard style, don't even try pruning it into a goatie,

because it will never be as good as Tomas Plekanec's.

For more infomation >> Playoff beards with Jordie Benn: Lesson 03 (Goatees) - Duration: 0:33.

-------------------------------------------

Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 150pk S-Tronic SCHUIFDAK CoD Ultra - Duration: 1:03.

For more infomation >> Audi A3 1.4 TFSI 150pk S-Tronic SCHUIFDAK CoD Ultra - Duration: 1:03.

-------------------------------------------

Town Hall: Future of Fiscally Sponsored Artists and Arts Projects - Duration: 1:03:40.

Alejandra Duque Cifuentes: Good evening everyone, we're going to get started. Thank you so

much for being here and welcome to a conversation focused on the future of fiscally sponsored

artists and projects in New York City. My name is Alejandra Duque Cifuentes and I am

the Programs Manager at Dance/NYC, and I will be your MC tonight along with Risa Shoup,

Executive Director for Spaceworks. I am about 5 feet tall. I am a Latina that is fair skinned,

I have long hair. I'm wearing an open blue shirt that is kind of wavy, with black pants

and black knee-high boots.

Risa Shoup: Hi folks. As Alejandra said, I am indeed Risa Shoup. I am very…*ADC hands

over microphone.* There we go- hey! One more time for the seats in the back, literally.

Thank you Alejandra, thank you all for being here, and again- yes, I am Risa Shoup. I'm

5'7'' on a good day, white, I am wearing a grey button-down shirt, blue jeans, and

brown suede shoes. Tonight the conversation is about fiscally sponsored artists and about

how we may best advocate together to inform Cultural Planning which is currently underway

here by the City of New York. To start off, I would just like to take a moment to offer

us a framework for our evening. Tonight is going to consist of the following activities:

welcome remarks (which we are in the middle of right now), a research presentation (which

will be coming up very soon), a panel discussion with invited artists representing the inter-disciplinary

landscape of fiscally sponsored arts here in New York City (which will be co-facilitated

by Alejandra and myself). And finally, the very best part will be us going upstairs to

the 3rd floor to get together in small groups to do a much deeper vibe into the opportunities

and challenges presented to fiscally sponsored artists and the folks who provide them with

fiscal sponsorship here in New York City. We're really really excited for this. It's

an opportunity to hear a lot more from all of you about your experiences and come up

with some additional recommendations and information that will hopefully align with the research

we will hear here tonight, but also maybe not- and that's OK, too. We will be providing

you with dinner, not just because we want you to stay, but also because it is important

for us to be happy and healthy together. We are really looking forward to that small group

portion at the end.

ADC: Now, some logistical information. Smile! You are on camera. We are taking pictures

and we are recording the event for archival purposes. If you wish not to be photographed,

just let one of our ushers know and they will make sure to connect with our photographer.

Second, you can continue the conversation on Twitter using the handle @DanceNYC and

the hashtag #FiscallySponsoredArtists, #townhall, and #CreateNYC. Third, to learn more about

tonight's event, we also have the program that you see in your hands and all that information

available on the web, and you're welcome to use your devices to check it out. The site

is www.dance.nyc/events/fiscallysponsored artists. And

without further ado, I would like to welcome Janet Wong, Associate Artistic Director for

New York Live Arts.

Janet Wong: Hi everybody. I'm Janet Wong as your heard. I'm the Associate Artistic

Director of New York Live Arts, and I gather I have to describe myself. I am 5'9.5'',

Chinese-American woman, wearing dark flowing clothes. That's about it. I'd like to

welcome you all to my space first of all. New York Live Arts is a proud member of the

coalition of fiscal sponsors that have joined forces with Dance/NYC to start this conversation

about the landscape and future of fiscally sponsored arts. And tonight, we are going

to share the results of this among other things. Fiscal sponsorship has been part of our programs

at New York Live Arts since we began, and we are very proud to be able to continue to

help artists' body base performance and educational projects, raise revenues, and

benefit from consultations on fundraising and grant writing, so on and so forth. Some

of you may be new to New York Live Arts, and some of you have been here before and are

familiar with what we do. I hope you come back to see some upcoming shows- Next week

we have Larissa Velez-Jackson and Yaquez's world premiere of "Give it to You Stage."

After that would be Adrienne Truscott's "This Also" world premiere, and then later

in April we will have the New York premiere of Okwui Okpokwasili's "Poor People's

TV Room." And also in April is a studio in-process showing of Dance Noise's new

work. So, please come back! And now I would like to introduce the Executive Director of

Dance/NYC, Lane Harwell.

Lane Harwell: Thank you. Thank you, Janet, and thank you to the whole team at New York

Live Arts for hosting, and thank you all for being here with us tonight on this cold Sunday.

I'm Lane Harwell, Executive Director of Dance/NYC. On behalf of Dance/NYC, and a coalition

of nine fiscal sponsors, I am delighted to welcome you to this Town Hall about the Future

of Fiscally Sponsored Artists and Arts Projects. The whole evening is conceived as a major

contribution to ongoing cultural planning by the City of New York, and also as a game-changer

for advocacy for those making art outside of traditional nonprofit institutions. The

research that we will share is arts-wide. It builds on Dance/NYC's discipline-specific

studies, and it also complements a recent workforce demographic study by Ithaca SNR

on the Department of Cultural Affairs' grantees, roughly 1,000 nonprofit institutions. Our

goal is to shift the city's purview beyond institutions, and reveal the characteristics,

needs, and opportunities of the sponsored arts, and in doing so, we hope to help realize

the cultural plan that is expansive, that is equitable, and that uses government innovation

that directly impacts artists and their artistry. Now, this effort has been one of collaboration

at every level, and I have many people to thank. The first, the project's lead funder,

the New York Community Trust, in particular, the Programs Director Carrie McCarthy for

her leadership. We have with us representing the trust Michelle Kumi Baer- welcome Michelle,

thank you. Also the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs,

the New York State Council on the Arts (hi Deborah Lim) and the National Endowment for

the Arts. While focused on the city tonight, we all must continue to focus on public support

at every level of government, and we must rally together to save the NEA. *Applause*

I also want to thank you researchers, Carrie Blake, Christina Kruise and her team at Web

Management Services, our partner Ian David Moss at Fractured Atlas, and the Dance/NYC

staff and volunteers working on the ground, in particular, Alejandra Duque Cifuentes,

who is one of your co-facilitators this evening, and J. Soto. Also, our program partners, they're

9: Brooklyn Arts Council, City Lore, Center For Traditional Music and Dance, The Field,

Fractured Atlas, New York Foundation for the Arts, New York Live Arts, GOH Productions,

and Pentacle. I think we got everyone there. Thank you all, and thank you to the artists

who lent their voices to survey research and are here with us tonight. Finally, for their

critical collaboration, I thank the City of New York Department of Cultural Affairs and

its cultural planning team, CreateNYC, particularly Risa Shoup, your other co-facilitator this

evening. And now I'd like to make a quick introduction to Deputy Commissioner of the Department of Cultural

Affairs, Edwin Torres, and to thank him for his leadership in so many ways, and to invite

him just to say a few words of welcome. Please join me in welcoming Edwin. *Applause*

Edwin Torres: I am going to keep this brief. Whenever I've been at an event and somebody

who works for the government grabs hold of the microphone, I can usually think of a number

of things I would rather be doing. I just wanted to say thank you for making this time.

I am really grateful that Lane brought you all together in this way, because our having

gone through this process, and still going through this process, but one of the things

that has really impressed itself upon us is- Now we've been doing this towards the development

of a cultural plan that we will release at the start of July, but ultimately what

it comes down to is as long as we are working for the city, we remain public servants, and

our engaging the public towards this end has revealed to us the extent to which we learn

from you. And that's the way it's supposed to be: the fact that we're doing this now

towards this end has just revealed that we we need to do this, period. That this is a

really great opportunity for us, no matter what we're doing, to hear from the people

who most support the city's creative life, without whom the city's creative life would

not exist or be possible. And so, while I am very excited to have this conversation,

I'm really excited to continue having these conversations as long as I'm working for

you- so I just wanted to say thank you. *Applause*

RS: And now, it gives me great pleasure to finally introduce Carrie Blake of Web Management

Services Incorporated, lead researcher and consultant on this project. Carrie will be

presenting the preliminary findings and recommendations from survey-based research extended to nearly

3,000 fiscally sponsored artists and art projects in New York City. Welcome, Carrie. *Applause*

Carrie Blake: Thank you. OK, here we go. First, a brief review of the research effort. Dance/NYC,

as you know, engaged nine fiscal sponsor partners who were critical to the effort. They provided

background data on nearly 3,000 fiscally sponsored artists and art projects. They helped us develop

a survey, they helped us distribute the survey, they provided feedback on the results of the

survey, and how to understand the outcomes a bit better. They helped us get the word

out about this event to their artists on their list-serves, and they did so in order to ensure

that fiscally sponsored artists are represented in the Cultural Plan. There was also additional

outreach on the part of our team to maximize reach and participation. In addition to emailing

the survey, we called all the artists for which we had contact information- thank you

to those of you who took our call. And it is important to note that all of the artists

who received the survey were invited to send it on. So ultimately we collected 519 complete

survey responses, which represent 485 projects. This research is organized into 3 parts. The

first is the landscape of fiscally sponsored artists and projects in the survey sample,

then the demographics of the fiscally sponsored arts workforce, and finally the needs, barriers,

and funding situation facing the workforce. So that last section speaks most directly

to the Cultural Plan and will undoubtedly be the focus of our discussion later on tonight.

As we consider the survey results, it's helpful to have some context on the landscape.

We worked hard to estimate the size of the fiscal sponsorship arts market, using a combination

of real numbers and informed estimates. The survey yielded an 18% response rate for our

research partners, and our additional research suggests that there are a minimum of 461 additional

projects that are sponsored by at least 7 organizations that didn't participate in

the project. So those figures allow us to estimate that survey respondents represent

about 16% of the community of fiscally sponsored projects. But what about in terms of artists

and the workforce? So we don't know the true size of the workforce because most fiscal

sponsors do not collect data on the number of workers involved in each project, but we

can make some assumptions. We had 519 artists responding to the survey, and the artists

were working on a total of 485 projects, so a total of 1.07 artists worked on each project.

So that allows us to conservatively estimate that there is a minimum workforce of 3,348.

In terms of budgets, these projects are quite lean, with an average budget size of just

under $23,000. The sample of survey respondents is representative of a partner data and all

creative disciplines except for two. The survey received a higher proportion of dance respondents,

and a lower proportion of film, video, and media respondents than was represented in

data from our partner fiscal sponsors. Some of that variance may be due to the unclassified

category that you see on the far right. Some of our partners maintain that category as

it represents interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary artists that aren't classified into one

of these primary disciplines. The survey also asked about secondary disciplines. 86% of

respondents are working in multiple disciplines, and the average number of disciplines per

artist is 2.73. The survey respondent pool is very representative of the partner data

in terms of location, the data show very little variance by borough. This image maps both

survey respondents and partner data. The colorful lines show the concentration of survey respondents,

with red indicating higher concentrations in Lower Manhattan, the Upper West Side, and

Central Brooklyn, and the purple shading shows the data of our partner projects, which is

distributed more widely throughout the city, but is concentrated in similar areas, as well

as in Western Queens. Survey respondents identify as artists, nearly half do not get paid for

their work on projects, and this is generally true across disciplines. Also, we should note

that for the respondents that do get paid, we do not know how much they are getting paid.

The survey results also suggested some interesting things about the characteristics of the fiscally

sponsored arts workforce. The workforce is quite homogenous in terms of race and ethnicity.

This chart compares survey results on the left to the recently released report of the

Department of Cultural Affairs workforce, which we refer to as the DCLA workforce, to

the city population according to recent city census data. This suggests that the fiscally

sponsored workforce is less diverse than the DCLA workforce, and significantly less diverse

than the city. For example, 74% of survey respondents are white-nonhispanic, as compared

to 33% of New York City residents. The DCLA workforce employs higher proportions of Black,

African American, Hispanic/Latino, and Asian workers. However, it is important to note

here that we did undertake two additional pieces of analysis to try to get a sense of

the degree of representation of survey respondents to the the actual workforce of fiscally sponsored

artists and arts projects. While it's not perfect information, the results of those

efforts do suggest that our response is not totally representative. For example, our additional

analyses show that the people who took the survey were more likely to be white and were

more likely to be female, so the survey is likely downplaying the amount of diversity

that is present within the workforce. In fact, the white-nonhispanic segment of the workforce

may actually be 6% below what the survey suggests. So that is an important caveat to think about

as we look at this data. The fiscally sponsored workforce is more diverse in terms of disability.

13% of the workforce is disabled in comparison to 10% of the New York City population. The

workforce includes fewer millennials and artists at the younger end of the age spectrum. 35%

of survey respondents were born between 1980 and 1999, while 47% of the DCLA workforce

were born between 1980 and 1999. The survey data also suggests that the fiscally sponsored

artists workforce includes more females than the DCLA workforce as a whole. 65% of survey

respondents identify as female in comparison to 53% at DCLA and 52% for the city. However,

as I noted with race and ethnicity, our additional analysis suggests that there is likely some

sort of survey bias present here as well, and that the proportion of females that are

working within the workforce could be 7% lower. So if we were to correct for the survey bias,

the difference in female representation between the fiscally sponsored workforce and the DCLA

workforce would not be so significant. The fiscally sponsored arts workforce includes

LGBTQ community members. Recent Gallup research studies suggest that 4% of the city's population

identifies as LGBTQ, whereas 27% of survey respondents do. And here are a few other interesting

findings from this piece of analysis. LGBTQ respondents generally work across disciplines,

though slightly higher proportions exist in dance, literary arts, and music. More Gen

X respondents work in the visual arts and film/media/video, more millennials work in

dance. Younger respondents are more likely to reside in Brooklyn or Queens. Literary

artists are more likely to identify as non-binary. Nearly all disabled artists are white. And

most African, Latina, Asian, Arab and Native American artists (which we refer to as

ALAANA artists) reside in Manhattan. The result of a series of questions developed in collaboration

with CreateNYC with the team there addressed challenges and opportunities facing the fiscally

sponsored workforce. First, the workforce needs assessment. Survey respondents were

asked to rank 7 needs on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being "not needed" and 5 being "very

needed," and the results suggest that living wages are the most critical need for the workforce,

followed by affordable space, affordable presentation space, affordable development space, supplies,

equipment, health care, living space, and finally training. These rankings are generally

consistent when we look at the data across identity categories. However, they do suggest

that living wages are paramount for respondents working in all disciplines, except those from

the literary arts, for whom all other needs rank higher. For dance respondents, living

wages and affordable development space are tied. In terms of borough, the need for living

wages is paramount for respondents in all boroughs except for respondents living in

Queens, where affordable presentation space ranks higher, and the Bronx, where respondents

ranked living wages and affordable presentation space as both needed- they tied. The vast

majority of the workforce is both unable to identify and access resources to fulfill their

needs. Only 8% of the workforce has been able to identify and fulfill their needs. Examining

these responses by discipline, borough, and additional identity categories help us to

better understand the barriers to access at a more granular level. For example, more of

those working in the visual arts are challenged to access and identify resources, and more

of those working in Queens are challenged to identify and access resources. More respondents

identifying as disabled have more difficulty accessing and identifying resources, far fewer

men report challenges than women, and more millennials struggle to identify and access

resources than other age categories. This may be one reason why the representation in

the workforce is lower. 271 artists, or just over half of the artists who ranked those

needs that were displayed a few slides ago offered recommendations on how the needs of

the workforce might be satisfied. The top 5 most mentioned recommendations concern affordable

development space, access to funding sources, affordable presentation space, affordable

living space, and affordable health care. This ranking of priorities generally holds

consistent as we look across borough and identity categories. It was interesting to read all

the responses to this question: it is important to note that the repeated phrases within the

responses here indicate that there is great importance placed on mentorship and training

for the sponsored arts workforce as well as opportunities for greater centralization of

communications and other services, such as fundraising, administration, and otherwise.

Values and Barriers of Fiscal Sponsorship. Fiscally sponsored artists primarily choose

to work with a fiscal sponsor in order to access funding, charitable donations. Other

reasons include support and access to resources, that they weren't ready to become a formal

501(c)3, and that they were drawn to the credibility and increased visibility that fiscal sponsors

can provide to them. These rankings are generally the same across disciplines, boroughs, and

identity categories, although Brooklyn and Queens artists ranked "not ready for 501(c)3"

a bit higher, as did literary arts, music and theater arts. Nearly ⅓ of the workforce

experiences barriers with regard to fiscal sponsorship. Gender, race, ethnicity, and

disability don't seem to be indicators for respondents. Older artists, from the baby

boomer and silent greater generations indicate that they are less likely to experience barriers.

And fewer LGBTQ artists experience less barriers than artists who do not identify as LGBTQ.

While access to funding is the primary reason for working with a fiscal sponsor, funding

limitations are the most noted barrier. Others feel limited by their fiscal sponsor's policies,

or because the public is not aware of or understanding of the concept of fiscal sponsorship. A segmentation

data suggests these barriers exist across creative discipline, borough, and identity categories.

So does the workforce have ideas about how to address these barriers? Of course. 31 of

88 artists providing recommendations to address barriers suggested improved access to funding

sources, and they were principally addressing eligibility and specifically government and

foundation funding. This finding generally hold true for all the creative disciplines,

boroughs, and identity categories, although we should note that a significant proportion

of those 31 artists come from fiscally sponsored dance makers. Additional recommendations also

emerged from this area of the survey, such as amending fiscal sponsor policies and services

that better respond to artists' needs, specifically quite a few mentioned financial policies,

and establishing resources for fiscally sponsored artists to support their ability to develop

and deliver their work. So for example, training and communications on alternative business

models for artists, and expanded and improved fundraising services, specifically a number

of artists noted a need or request to better connect with specific donors. To dig further

into the funding questions, survey respondents were asked to identify sources they've received

funding from for their project. While 94% of artists receive donations from individual

donors, just 29% receive funding from government sources. These charts summarize the segmentation

findings, and they show that just 15% of video/film/media and 18% of literary arts receive government

funding compared to 29% of all responding artists, and this also shows a high level

of support for non-Manhattan geographies, especially the Bronx and Queens. Further segmentation

analysis into the identity categories shows that lower proportions of ALAANA, disabled,

and female artists access government funding. And, in terms of funding needs, artists were

asked if they were currently lacking funding for key expense categories. The results suggest

that key funding gaps concern artistic and operational costs that support living wages,

with 88% of artists indicating the need for salaries and artists fees and 86% for operational

costs, including salaries. So this reinforces the earlier survey results that suggest that

living wages are paramount. So, what does all of this data and input suggest about the

future of fiscally sponsored artists, and how should they be addressed within the Cultural

Plan? Together, with our team of nine fiscal sponsors, we reviewed the results of the survey,

and discussed their implications. We prioritized issues and potential outcomes, and this is

what we came up with. The first priority for the fiscally sponsored arts workforce concerns

funding. Funding for fiscally sponsored artists and arts projects must be strengthened. In

order to do so, our team suggests increasing city funding for decentralized granting programs

to the fiscal sponsorship community, through borough arts councils and other entities.

Also, we feel that these programs need to be reassessed and refreshed in order to align

with the needs and realities of fiscally sponsored artists. New funding programs should be developed

with existing or new partners, that provide multi-year and general operating support. Opportunities

for the DCLA to provide direct financial support to fiscally sponsored artists and projects

should be explored, and we must ensure that fiscal sponsors and fiscally sponsored artists

and projects are involved in city funding initiatives from their very development. The

second priority addresses the need to connect fiscally sponsored artists and projects to

the sources they critically need. This work involves creating access to affordable presentation

space, and that can be by increasing access to existing spaces and protecting existing

spaces, but also developing new space. Creating access to affordable development space, again

via accommodation of new and existing space, and also supporting the fiscally sponsored

arts community and identifying and accessing resources that help them develop and deliver

their work more effectively. That might be through stronger communications and collaborative

environments, and it may also be through additional technical assistance. And, our final priority

is to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in the sponsored arts workforce. This works

recommends working toward that goal by including fiscally sponsored artists and art projects

in current and ongoing diversity initiatives, and relevant efforts and programs, and also

developing targeted initiatives to reverse the exclusion of ALAANA populations, amplifying

the voices of disabled fiscally sponsored artists, creating opportunities to engage

both millennial and aging populations, which are under-represented in the arts workforce.

And finally, we need to build the capacity of fiscal sponsors to advance diversity, equity,

and inclusion in their networks. These efforts could serve individual sponsors but they could

also serve the collective group of sponsors via triaining, technical assistance, and financial resources.

*Applause* Thank you! Back over to Risa and Alejandra.

ADC: Alright, everyone, so now we are going to move into the part of the program where

we are going to start our panel discussion. So we're just going to do a minor set change

and invite our fiscally sponsored artists to join us on the stage.

Alright everyone, so I am just going to do some brief introductions, a little bit of a roll call, so folks in the

audience know who's who, and then Risa will take us away with the conversation. I am going

to go from your left to right. So we have Carrie Beehan who is joining us, we have Flash

Rosenberg, we have Mark Travis Rivera, we have Jennifer Wen Ma, we have Rusty Zimmerman,

we have Ramon Ponce, and Jeremy McQueen. *Applause*

RS: Hi again. I want to thank all of you guys for being here this evening and speaking with

us, and I want to thank everyone in the audience for listening, and Dance/NYC and various partners

for this event and for helping to make this happen. I am really excited to dive into this

discussion, so that's what we'll do now. I also want to make a note and say that in

my discussions with Dance/NYC, I've learned that they intentionally asked a much more

diverse group of artists to sit on the panel this evening than are reflected on the respondent

survey, so I just want to call that out and say that I really appreciate that, and again

that I appreciate all that you will share with us this evening, and your work thus far

in the field. I think it's great to hear from people in their own words, so for convenience

sake, Carrie, if we can begin with you, and then go to your left, and have each of you

briefly tell us who you are, maybe a little bit about your fiscally sponsored project,

and why you wanted to speak here on this panel this evening.

Carrie: Hi, I'm Carrie, and I'm with GOH Productions. I'm fiscally sponsored by GOH

productions which is a nonprofit. GOH is a Japanese character meaning working together

under one umbrella. GOH have combined services, management, and consultation for dance, theater,

music, media, and cultural arts, and they've been established since the early 70s, and

they also have quite a selection of fiscally sponsored groups, and it's interesting to

note that some of the projects that they choose to fiscally sponsor are actually 10 times

the size of GOH. GOH is a phenomenal nonprofit that I really respect. I came to America 16

years ago, and I've been sponsored with GOH for the past 12 years. I am a multimedia

artist, musician, performer, and painter- yes, all of those. And prior to that I was

a news and documentary video editor for German television during the era before the wall

fell and shortly after. In that time, I ended up painting my reflections on working in a newsroom

during a time when there was a lot of political turmoil and war, and I would project these

on venues in Berlin, and then write songs and perform about the characters either in

my paintings or in the situations that I incurred in the news editing suites. And from this

I came over to America, and I created electronic music, worked on various productions with

GOH productions: we've worked on public festivals together, we've worked in theater,

marionette theater, musical, I've made several art films, and for me, it's not possible

without fiscal sponsorship, it is not possible without the support of a company that actually care

about you as an individual and care about you as an artist, and respect your work and

want your work to spread and help other people. And just to end that, my current show is on

immigration, and people that have been displaced, and it's on at Culture Hub on May 4th, please

come. Thank you. *Applause*

Flash: Hi, I'm Flash Rosenberg, and I'm an attention span for hire, which means that

I do drawing, photography, writing, and performing, because they all are part of expressing yourself.

They use all these skills to do animation, and primarily I support myself doing live

drawing, which means while people are talking, I capture what they're saying and try to

make it into images to try to accelerate understanding. This kind of use of art began...I've always been

interested in how art was used as a language to communicate, not something to decorate,

and I began as artist in residence in the New York Public Library where I was drawing

conversations between authors. Could you think: Why would they need an artist in a library?

And so, I'm trying to figure out how we can make the arts be more public and more

connected with people, which is why I wanted to be in this forum and talk to you tonight

to see how we can help make artists be more necessary to people who might only think of

it as something over there, that's done selfishly just to express yourself, when in

fact it can connect us. I'm sponsored by Unique Projects Inc., as well as Fractured

Atlas, and what I like and what I think that it's important to understand is that these

fiscal sponsors are not in competition: we are all in cooperation to try to support what

it is we can bring to this society to make life more meaningful, and more playful, and

more fun. I was especially interested in coming here because I want to try to find what is

humorous about fiscal fitness.

RS: I'm just going to jump in here and say that it's so wonderful to hear about everyone's

work and what is important to them in their relationship with their fiscal sponsor. We

are on a clock, the clock for my friends on the panel here is right there. So if we could

speed this up just a bit, it would allow us to dive into the discussion more fully. This

is not a reprimand, at all. I wish we had more time, but we have what we have.

Mark: With that being said… Hi everyone, my name is Mark Travis Rivera, I am the Founder

and Artistic Director of Marked Dance Project, an integrated dance company for disabled and

nondisabled dancers. I'm fiscally sponsored by Fractured Atlas, and I am on this panel

today because I represent multiple marginalized voices, and I wanted to make sure that disabled

people, queer people, gender nonconforming people, were represented in this fiscally

sponsored discussion about the arts and our role in creating for this city.

Jennifer: My name is Jennifer Wen Ma, and I am a visual artist. Before fiscal sponsorship,

I worked on cross-disciplinary installations, and in 2012 I had this idea of making an opera.

I had met an opera singer that I wanted to write the opera for. But I'm also musically

illiterate...But I conceived the idea, I visually designed it, I worked with a lot of artists

I collaborated with. We found a composer. And very fortunately, I did have wonderful

commissioners (Lincoln Center Festival, Spoleto Festival) that came on board, to commission

the project. However, it took so long - I came up with the idea in 2012, and the world

premiere was 2015 - so it was a very long development period, and it just started with

me inviting people to dinner, bribing them with food in order to work with me. So it

was not very sustainable, I started looking for funding, and I luckily found someone that

was willing to sponsor, give us some money for creative development. But they could not give

to individual artists, instead you have to get a fiscal sponsor, so that is how I kind

of learned of fiscal sponsorship. I received a grant from NYFA a number of years ago, so

I felt like I had a relationship with them. I went to them, applied, received it, then

not only found funding through this initial foundation, but other foundations and other

ways, and that really greatly enriched our creative process. So even though we were so

fortunate to have had these wonderful commissioners, without fiscal sponsorship - and also what

I found out was that it's not just "Give me money", but also so much access to resources,

that I guess I want to be here and talk about that aspect, that it's not just money, it's

so much more.

Rusty: Hi everybody. I don't think I need this microphone. Alright, in that case, my

name is Rusty Zimmerman, I'll try to keep everything real quick by talking very fast.

For the visually impaired, I look just like Brooklyn, I'm a bald-headed, bearded white

man, in a shirt not unlike an Easter Egg. I am also a heteronormative cisgendered white

male, which are words I learned in the last few years, letting you know I'm here to

fill out a quota. And I'm a portrait painter. I took the last year or so to paint 200 portraits

of people in my neighborhood, of Crown Heights, Brooklyn, and I used the Brooklyn Arts Council

as my fiscal sponsor to help make that large dream of upheaving that tradition of taking

a dominant paradigm of portraiture being reserved for a wealthy few, and seeing what happens

when you give it to everybody. And in the process, I set up a microphone, recorded everybody's

oral history, and made an unintentional oral history of my neighborhood, which is currently

receiving grants to be turned into podcasts. The End.

Ramon: Thank you so much. My name is Ramon Ponce, and I am founder and director of the

Mariachi Academy of New York, which is a nonprofit which we started back 15 years ago to preserve

and keep alive the beautiful music and tradition of Mariachi music from Mexico. We've been

doing Mariachi music for a living here in New York for 26 years. My father and I started

a band called Mariachi Real de México. We've been lucky enough to bring our music and our

tradition over to this city, to share it. We are fiscally sponsored by the Center for

Traditional Music and Dance, which is a great organization that helps a lot of programs,

and we are their first educational program that they started. They usually just did presentations

or concerts, but we came to them with the idea of doing a school, an actual program

where we could teach about music, about what we do. And they were kind enough to help us

out and we got an NEA grant - the first one - and we've been, as I said, 15 years keeping

this tradition alive in New York, and it's just a pleasure for me personally to represent

not only the Mexican community, but also the Latin community in general, and I'm here

to give a little feedback on what we do, but also to let know that the Latin community

needs more information, and sometimes is not accessible to us. It's also a way for me

to ask for help to the city, and to make it available to everyone in New York City. Thank

you.

Jeremy: Good evening. My name is Jeremy McQueen, I am the Founder and Artistic Director of

the Black Iris Project. The Black Iris Project is a ballet-based collaborative, that brings

Black professional ballet dancers together, along with Black creative artists from different

disciplines throughout the arts, to create new stories or new ballets that are rooted

in the Black history tradition. We are fiscally sponsored here by New York Live Arts, and

we just recently created a new ballet titled Madiba, which outlines the life of Nelson

Mandela, and that will be performed at the Kennedy Center next month.

RS: Thank you all for sharing with us. *Applause* Indeed. So let's jump in. Jennifer, I heard

you talk about the need for things beyond just fundraising, and I would actually love

to know from all of you - especially with that figure we heard in the study, that the

average budget of the respondents was less than $2,300. I have no idea what you guys

are working with in terms of budget. But with that in mind, given that that's what we

all heard, and the understanding that we all need physical resources with which to do our

work, including space to both develop it and present it to the public. I would love to

know from some of you how being fiscally sponsored has helped you access those critical physical

resources, again, to develop and present your work or not.

Jeremy: I'll share. Fiscal sponsorship has helped me with fundraising, in order to be

able to support the kind of work that we do. I've been able to have fiscal sponsorship

to raise funds from individuals as well as from foundation grants, and those are all

made tax-deductible. It's a lot harder to get individuals and especially grants to give

money either to for-profits or to individuals. So it's been really helpful to have a sponsorship

that allows us to make all of our donations tax-deductible.

Carrie: I've been lucky enough to receive a lot of help with getting access to space

to rehearse, and test out imagery, and this has been very helpful given the cost of trying

to rent something.

Flash: It's helpful because everyone wants to know "What can we do?" We are in a

particularly helpless feeling time, and to be able to tell anyone: you can donate to

the arts and help save this without having to just attend the show, but also to be part

of the support structure for it. And it helps everybody, especially individuals who are

donating - that's mostly where I get funding from - feel like they have a place, that they're

acknowledged, and respected, and productively doing something.

Jennifer: Also, I was thinking about - this related to applying for grants - sometime's

we're not really great at managing our financial situation, so I think there are these resources

that just help you just looking at the budget sheet. Actually applying for grants helped

me understand the different aspects of creating a project. Sometimes we just dive in without

really thinking. And I think that the financial planning is actually really imperative to

run a sustainable project.

RS: And that's something that you got from working with your fiscal sponsor?

Jennifer: I feel like maybe not directly, but indirectly. That process certainly did.

Rusty: Building on what Flash was saying, there's something special about asking people

for money, and telling them to click on a link. And when it goes to a Brooklyn Arts

Council page, as opposed to "Send money to Rusty," it just looks so much more credible.

It gives a sense of what I call manufactured credibility, that just makes you look more

like a proper thing that people can feel confident making an automated monthly tax-deductible

donation through this portal, making it easier for people to give you the money.

RS: And that's a great example of how a fiscal sponsor - Rusty, for you - helped you

access something you really needed. Ramon, I see you with the mic, and I hope you might

talk to us about - you mentioned in your introduction that part of what inspires you is the strong

desire to share the work of Mariachi with people. And if you could maybe talk about

how your fiscal sponsor helps you do that, especially with regards to space.

Ramon: I think that one of the problems that an artist has is not having the knowledge

or the resources that other organizations have. For us, it was a great opportunity to

learn about nonprofits via the Center for Traditional Music and Dance, because it is

something that we don't do - I mean every time I hold the mic it's to sing and to play guitar

and to do music. So it's a totally new thing that you have to learn, and it's always

good to come up to someone who already knows or has the knowledge to give you that advice,

and to help you.

Rusty: I think I can likely speak for everybody, I just have a feeling might have had a similar

experience. In my case, I raised about $50,000 through CrowdFunding to run my project

last year, one of the first thing that fellow artists ask me was "How did you do that?"

And I think that's probably why we're all here today, to share this information

and make it breathtakingly accessible to a mass audience.

RS: Just to get a multiplicity of viewpoints here: Is that not anyone's experience? Do

you have other reasons for being here?

Mark: I think that part of being here for me is really about representation. "Nothing

without us" would say the disabled community. And I would say that part of the reason…

As I young person - I was 17 years old when I started my company, we celebrate 8 years

this month - and when I started, I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I was learning

as I was going and making mistakes and stumbling and tripping over my own feet, literally.

And then being fiscally sponsored gave me some legitimacy, it gave me some currency

as a business person, and say, "I can be an artist, and I can be a business person

at the same time." Those two things don't need to be exclusive of each other. And so

I think that part of the reason why I'm here is just to share that, that you can be

an artist and be a business person and take control of your brand, and use social media

and technology to connect with your audiences, and to really make sure that you generate

these individual donors. Because we know that the majority of our funding comes from individual

donors. And that's the power of storytelling.

Flash: Also, I just want to say that it's different than writing grants. I find that

such a waste of time. I mean I can just shoot a Bar Mitzvah and make more money and get

it that weekend instead of waiting 6 months to get a $3,000 grant from something that

I probably won't get anyway. And so this sort of speeds up the process for having ongoing

funding which actually makes a difference. So you're not just getting a little pat

on the head of validity because you got a grant, but you're actually getting support.

ADC: So I'm hearing a couple of things resonating if we were to connect a lot of the points

that everyone is bringing up to the recommendations that the research brought forth. So I'm

hearing a lot of conversations about business literacy and accessing the kind of tools and

information that you need to be able to navigate yourselves both as artists and as folks that

are managing budgets, which is something that definitely came up in terms of the kind of

tools and recommendations that we would like for the DCLA to bring forth either to the

different fiscal sponsors or to fiscally sponsored artists individually. I'm also hearing a

lot about access to space and to fundraising. I want us to move into now a conversation

about equity and inclusion, around our work, around our practice, and also around how the

workforce can become more diverse, and more inclusive, and more representative as you

said, Mark, in the work that we do and how these different fiscal sponsors and the DCLA

can support that.

Mark: First of all, it's making room at the table. That's the first step. Who is

missing at the table, and how can we include them in the space? Making sure that your spaces

are wheelchair accessible, making sure that you have sign language interpreters, making

sure that you take this business language and you turn it so that everyone can understand

what's being said. You know I come from Patterson, New Jersey, which is an inner city,

number 3 I think ranked in crime and high violence. And when I was growing up, no one

told me how to be a leader, I came up through a broken education system, and as I learned

as I went that we need to develop young artists of color, young artists of color who are disabled,

queer - we need to develop them as leaders. How do we let them pass on the torch and say,

"The arts belong to the future, and you are the pioneers of that future." So how

do we train them? I think that fiscally sponsored programs need to take on that role of training

these fiscally sponsored artists, to do more and be more.

RS: I love this notion, and I wonder if we could at least a moment envisioning together,

like what would that leader development in conjunction with a fiscal sponsor, what could

that look like? And Jeremy I'm looking at you because you haven't spoken yet and we

want to hear from you.

Jeremy: Yeah! I think that that looks like mentorship, and kind of advisement: someone

who can really hold your hand and help you understand - like what some other people have

said this evening about creating a budget, and what that's like to really look at the

financial landscape of how to make a project go from a dream to a reality. And so in terms

of what else can be done, I think that just making more of an individual connection with

your fiscal sponsors, with the organizations that you're sponsoring, to find ways not

just to offer services but being able to provide that individual connection to say: "This

grant or this opportunity might be specific and really great for your organization, what

you're trying to do." I think that mentorship, that one-on-one time, is really helpful.

RS: I see your hand Flash, I will get there, and maybe this will also inspire you. There

are a lot of disciplines represented here as well, and this aspect of mentorship - I

wonder how that could better be connected to discipline. There's also a lot of you

and I'm really impressed by this, who're moving between disciplines. Rusty you talked

about painting moving into podcasts, Flash you're doing animation, which combines a

lot of different disciplines. Mentorship with regard to discipline, What might that be like?

Flash: I just think that we need to have everybody be involved in the arts, not just even those

who have fiscal sponsorship. This is my pet theory: I believe in a national artists in

residence initiative, and that every thing, every industry, every organization, every

business, every household should have the three major things in life, which would be

a toilet, a computer, and an artist in residence. And that you think about the pizza store that's

down this block from you, and you become the artist in residence. Get rid of these free

internships, and intersect in the community, so that everyone is involved. You go to the

grocery store, that's your place, you figure out "How can I be the writer there, how

can I do theater in this place?" so that we stop isolating ourselves and say "Oh

boo, we need money." Everybody needs money! But everybody needs art, too. So how do we

intersect that and get small businesses to even sponsor us. And maybe those small businesses

can do this through the fiscal sponsor to get a tax write-off so that we engage more

people to be sponsoring the arts, not just people that think that they're only interested

in the arts.

Rusty: In my experience, my work necessitated me to reach all 125,000 people in my neighborhood

to let them know that the thing that I was about to provide would be available to them.

And so, in order to canvas the neighborhood appropriately, I had to reach out to people

who had bigger voices than my own, to make contact with my State Senator and City Council

member, and Assembly members and District leaders and have them speak on my behalf,

and have invite me to speak to Town Hall meetings and show up to Community Board meetings and

show up to Precinct Community Council meetings, and find out what all these things were, because

the first time I did my work, and I showed it to people and I was like, What do you think?

And they would ask, What did the Community Board think? I said, What is the Community

Board? I didn't know. I also think it's vastly important to meet people where they're

at, to have meetings like this in Gravesend, in Canarsie, in Flatbush, in East New York,

in the Bronx, and not trust that everybody can make it to Manhattan on a weeknight. Because,

you know, when I had my exhibitions, to make things radically accessible to a mass audience,

I chose not to just put my work in galleries, but to put it in yoga studios and nonviolence

community centers, and laundromats, and synagogues. And when I had parties, receptions for the

community, I found that the audience was predominantly 18 to 35 Caucasian folks, in a neighborhood

fabled for being Hasidic and Caribbean. And I said, Why is that? And people said, well

you know the Hasidics have a job and 5 kids, and the Jamaicans have one kid and 5 jobs,

and people are busy in their homes and they can't make it out all the time, and so you

have to set up shop where you want to reach your audience, go right to them.

Carrie: I had a slightly similar experience, which has been incredibly positive, and that

is reaching out to a group that normally I wouldn't have done. And there was a political

huddle in my building - I live on 14th Street by the ConEd power station - and I attended

it several times even though I am not a citizen and can't vote, I feel very strongly about

politically what's going on. And through this huddle, the ideas and the feedback that

came back from the community who aren't artists, but are placed at various strategic

positions or associations across New York, they are so encouraging, and they are like:

"Oh my God, we are going to get you hooked up with this coalition, and that person can

sponsor the next thing as long as this is helping that charity and this and that."

You would just be surprised, really - artists in general - that if you just reach a little

further than what you're used to, explain what you're doing, there are people out

there that actually care.

RS: Alejandra, I just want to check in and see, can we go a bit longer?

ACD: Yeah!

RS: OK, so we're having this great conversation about moving into community as artists and

how to meet with the folks whom we want to participate in the work that we're doing

- that's what I'm hearing. Can anyone talk about how that desire to reach a certain

group of collaborators, a certain group of audience members, and to perhaps go deeper

within your local communities - wherever they might be and whoever they might be - how that

was or was not facilitated through your relationship with your fiscal sponsor?

Jeremy: I can share. It was a lot of self personal digging deep. You know, I'm proudly

with New York Life Arts, but at the same time, there are some gaps where I feel I've been

underserved. I'm also a recipient of a Pentacle housing program, called ART, and I'm a fellow

with them, which provides me with a mentor, which provides me with an administrative assistant

who works about 10 hours a week for me. I've only been working on that program for maybe

about 3 months now, but through that mentorship program it's been really valuable. It's

helped open my eyes in so many different ways, and it's kind of allowed me to free up some

administrative brain space so that I can focus more on the arts and how I can make an impact

in my communities. In terms of navigating specifically the Black community, and how

I can make an impact there, it's literally just been me digging deep. You know, I'm

not quite sure of the demographics of how many fiscally sponsored artists that are of

color are Black within New York Life Arts, but for me it's really been having to reach

out to schools and communities and neighborhoods that I know of and just kind of pulling the

field and saying, What would be beneficial for you? Would it be a master class, would

it be a discussion, would it be a visit with a dancer, or what would really impact your

school, and how can we be a part of that collaboration?

Mark: Yeah, that's great, Jeremy, and I think that it does start with our communities.

But I also think that Lisa from fractured Atlas has been great in coaching me and guiding

me and giving me the direction of things. Because of her, I was able to do really well

on #givingtuesday, and we were able to raise $500 in just one day, and that was so unheard

of. But part of my work is making sure that my leadership team looks like the community

I'm serving. So we have people of color, we have disabled people in positions of leadership,

and they have an investment in the vision of the company. You know it's not just a

dance company but it's a company that tries to break barriers, and how do we make sure

that disabled people have access to these things. And our fiscal sponsorship so far

has been really supportive in that. When we went to apply for our first grant, they put

up with my nonsense. And I was just like, I don't know what the hell I'm doing,

this is really complicated, can we try to do this? And they were really helpful, and

they're always really helpful in that regard, you know, just always answering our questions

and things of that nature. And so we really just need to start making sure that the community

looks like the people we are serving, and that is not just the one-person show. I can't

do everything, and so I have to build a team of people who can help me succeed in my mission,

and my fiscal sponsor is part of that helping team.

ADC: I think that in the spirit of going into the community and hearing from the community,

I think this is a perfect segway for us to move into the discussions that we want to

have with all of you tonight, to hear from you, to hear about what your recommendations

are, what fiscally sponsored artists might have to say in order to inform the Cultural

Plan, and that can begin to address some of the things that we mentioned here tonight.

So with that, I want to first say thank you to all of our fiscally sponsored artists who

are up here and if you can join me in thanking them. *Applause*

RS: Thank you so much.

ADC: And now we are going to transition upstairs, to the 3rd floor studios, where you have dinner

waiting for you, and water and refreshments, and all the things you could need. And then

we are going to get into small groups, and together you'll be interacting with all

the artists and we'll dive deeper into these conversations so that we can hear from you

what you have to say. Alright? So we'll see you upstairs everyone. Thank you!

For more infomation >> Town Hall: Future of Fiscally Sponsored Artists and Arts Projects - Duration: 1:03:40.

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Avensis Verso 2.0i Linea Sol 7p. - Duration: 0:55.

For more infomation >> Toyota Avensis Verso 2.0i Linea Sol 7p. - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

Prison Break // The first episode ... ًwith English subtitle - Duration: 43:19.

<i>Breaking out is just</i> <i>the beginning on</i> Prison Break.

Everything I did I did for family.

<i>Catch all-new episodes Tuesdays, and check out our other Fox Programs...</i>

Legacy, Gotham <i>and</i> Shots Fired.

The department is obviously corrupt.

<i>Only on Fox.</i>

<i> I didn't kill that man,</i> <i>Michael.</i>

<i>The evidence says you did.</i>

I was set up. Swear to me.

I swear to you, Michael.

Put down your weapon!

<i>I find it incumbent that</i>

you see the inside of a prison cell, Mr. Scofield.

I'm looking for someone... guy named Lincoln Burrows.

Why you want to see Burrows so bad anyhow? 'Cause he's my brother.

I'm getting you out of here. That's impossible.

<i> Not if you designed</i> <i>the place, it isn't.</i>

You one mixed-up cracker,

<i>you know that?</i>

Are we in business?

<i>Now... it's all about timing.</i>

<i> Scofield. You</i> <i>just as pretty as advertised.</i>

When do we get started?

I need your help. You're asking me to break the law.

<i>I'm asking you</i> <i>to make a mistake.</i>

<i>Forget to lock up.</i>

Come on.

<i>We did it, Mike.</i>

<i>However this plays out...</i>

<i>I have no regrets.</i>

<i>Michael!</i>

<i>Well, if you're watching this,</i> <i>that means you're safe.</i>

<i>I wish I could be there</i> <i>with you,</i>

<i>but as you know now,</i> <i>I wouldn't have had much time.</i>

<i>I made my choice.</i>

<i>I don't regret it.</i>

<i>We're free now.</i>

<i>We're free.</i>

<i>Freedom has a price.</i>

<i>I died seven years ago.</i>

<i>Left behind a brother...</i>

<i>a wife...</i>

<i>a son.</i>

<i>But the dead talk...</i>

<i>if you listen.</i>

<i>They're there with you...</i>

<i>reaching out...</i>

<i>trying to tell you something.</i>

<i>Because not all deaths</i> <i>are the same.</i>

<i>Some are real.</i>

<i>Some are a story.</i>

<i>Question is...</i>

<i>do you believe the story?</i>

<i>Was the man who died</i>

<i>who you thought he was?</i>

<i>The dead talk...</i>

<i>if you listen.</i>

Still tight as...

scales on a snake.

Must have friends in high places, Bagwell.

How a cesspool like you gets his walking papers I'll never know.

This cesspool has been a model citizen.

<i>Model</i> citizen.

$71.31.

Laptop.

Pack of gum, three pieces.

How about you keep that?

Whatever you bring in, you bring out.

And one last piece of correspondence.

Something really wrong with the world when I'm receiving

dozens of letters a week for guys like you.

Nothing compared to the e-mails.

What is it with you killers that put the satin

on women's panties anyhow?

Lackaday!

Burrows!

How about you step out and pay us

the hundred grand you owe us?

Take that as a no.

Lincoln Burrows... says no.

Big tough guy...

who made it out of the neighborhood.

And look at you now... back to your roots,

the way you've always been.

A small-time crook who can't pay his debts.

We're gonna find you, you know,

and we're gonna open you up.

Lincolny-linc.

All huff in' and puffin'.

Don't you look at me like I'm trash.

My house is in order. I'm clear with the government,

the D.O.C. and my God.

Doesn't appear to be the same with you.

Look at you, all backslid.

You're supposed to be going up in the world as you age,

or did you not get the memo?

You don't get off my deck, I'm gonna crack your skull.

I wouldn't do that.

Seems fate has deigned

to join us at the hip once again,

despite our mutual contempt.

Have a look-see.

Where'd you get this?

Received it on release earlier this week.

No return address.

If you're playing me, I'll kill you.

Take a look at that postmark on that.

I may be a sophisti-cat,

but not so sophisticated

as to forge something like that.

Besides...

what angle could I possibly have in coming here

and telling you that it looks like your brother

might just be alive?

It's impossible.

That's what I thought.

Why'd he send it to you?

Again, what I thought.

And then I gave the words another look-see.

Maybe that's the answer.

"By your hand

"you shall know the glories of your Progeny

"and our world will be

made right forevermore."

Hell if I know what that means.

But just like that envelope's addressed to me,

those words are addressed to me. Got to be!

Get out.

I'm trying to work with you here.

Is there any possible way your brother could've survived?

My brother's dead.

Th-Then who sent this? And why?

Get out.

At least let me take my rightful correspondence.

I made a copy, Burrows.

I knew you'd be the same obstinate son of a beyotch

you always been, but I'd hoped you'd seen the light.

But you are what you is and you is what you are.

Still, I'm telling you...

fate has got us joined at the hip somehow.

<i>Where you in from?</i>

<i>Chicago.</i>

<i>Love Chicago.</i>

There you go. Thanks, man.

I didn't think

I was ever gonna see you again.

You didn't come to the wedding.

I mean, I... I figured I, I get it...

he hates me for marrying someone other than his brother, but...

I haven't been in a good place, Sara.

My brain, it's, it's, it's been a mess.

That's why I didn't show up.

And I didn't want my nephew to see me like that.

But now it's impossible to stay away.

Someone's got a sick sense of humor.

I know you want it to be true.

Losing a brother...

the massive hole that leaves in your life.

Like the same massive hole losing a husband makes.

Maybe.

Lincoln Burrows?

Jacob.

I haven't seen you in what,

three, four years?

Uncle Lincoln!

Hey-hey! Buddy!

so good to see you.

Did you bring me any sunken treasures?

"Sunken treasures"?

The dive shop.

Panama. Yeah, I've been telling him stories

about being down there before we came back to the States.

You've become kind of like

a mythological hero to him. Let me get some beers.

I want to know what you been up to. Sure, man. Yeah.

Okay. Come here.

I want you to go wash up, okay?

And then you can catch up with your uncle.

He hasn't just mythologized you.

He mythologizes Michael, too.

It's like someone thinking he was born to a god,

a god he's never met...

and who isn't here.

And who never will be again.

I can be pragmatic.

Michael was sick.

He was terminally sick.

And he died.

Sara...

how do you explain that?

It's Photoshop, Linc,

or something.

You got to consider the source.

This came from T-Bag.

I know you want it to be true.

I want it to be true.

How about a date tonight, model citizen?

A little well-earned love

after a long time at sea.

Jeh... boop.

Miss Dorothy.

E-mailing her undying love

from Aurora, Illinois.

I-eesh.

How about this one?

"Love Cannon Alonzo in Champaign."

Ooh. Hop on that just on the name alone.

What the hell?

Prosthetic research?

Smart girl, your Sara.

She's right.

I'm just desperate to see your face.

<i>My life's been a mess</i> <i>ever since you left.</i>

Fallen back into my old ways.

<i>Something</i> <i>you wouldn't tolerate.</i>

But I got good in me, Michael.

I got good in me.

<i>It'd just be nice if</i>

you were here to... help me find it.

So... yeah.

"Ogygia."

Telling me where you are.

There's only one way to find out.

Theodore Bagwell.

And you're Dr. Whitcombe,

the man who invited me to this mystery meeting

at 9:30 at night when the rest of the building's closed.

I know what you've done.

That's why I don't want to be seen associating with your sort.

Just want to know why I'm here, and...

if this has anything to do with that special envelope

I received in the prison.

I know nothing about an envelope.

I can only tell you my work.

Targeted muscle reinnervation.

Using the brain to manipulate prosthesis

as it were a natural limb.

But as with any cutting-edge work,

funding is not easy to find, and yet,

incredibly, I got the grant

in the form of a considerable anonymous grant

on one condition...

the first recipient of my procedure...

is you.

I can equip you

with a fully articulate prosthetic,

operationally indistinguishable from a real hand.

All of this because of an anonymous donor?

Someone seems to have plans for both of us.

I've reserved an operational lab for Monday

if you decide you are interested.

It's your hand, ultimately.

By your hand,

you shall know glories of your progeny.

What's that?

Nothing, Doc.

Come on, Michael.

You must have left me something.

Come on!

Come on.

What's going on?

My God, what happened?

I'm not sure. I'm gonna call

the police.

Hello?

I dug up Michael's grave. He's not in it.

He... What?

Sara, someone just tried to kill me.

<i>They've been watching.</i> <i>They've been watching,</i>

<i>probably for...</i> Who tried to kill you?

It started at the airport. I...

There was a... a red sedan.

It started following me.

<i>Then they, they, they swapped</i>

down to a...

What was it? A pickup.

What color was the pickup?

<i>Black.</i>

<i>Why?</i>

Sara?

Jacob?

Yeah. Behind one of

the pictures on the brick wall,

there's a hole, and there's

a gun in it. I need you to get it. What?!

Right now! Right now! Someone's coming for us!

A gun? What do you mean, a gun?

Mike?

<i>911. What is your emergency?</i>

I have an armed intruder in the house.

I need you to send people right away.

I don't have time. Please, come.

Sara?

What's going on, Sara?

Hey.

Mom? Come here.

Sara? Sara!

It's just me. There's no one else in the house.

What do you want? Get in the tub.

Who's here, Mom? What do they want?

I don't know, baby.

Okay, listen to me, if anyone comes

through that door, you don't move, okay?

I will put this through them, and you will not be harmed.

You understand? Good boy.

Jacob?

Mom.

Go get every towel you can find.

Right now, right now.

Please, Jacob.

Okay. I think it got an artery. Stay with me.

I want you to look at me, all right?

Don't close your eyes and don't go to sleep,

all right? I'm gonna need you to stay with me.

I need an ambulance!

How is he? The shot almost completely

severed his femoral artery so they're trying to stabilize him.

And him?

He's seven.

How you doing, Mikey?

Something's happening, isn't it?

First, you come

and that person came in our house.

It has something to do with my real father, doesn't it?

Why do you say that?

Because I can see it in her face.

I'm gonna need to talk to your uncle.

I'm gonna be right over there

where you can see me. Okay?

What's going on?

We've awoken something.

Something people are trying to hide about Michael.

Your brother's dead, Lincoln.

Or is he dead? Where is the body?

Then why did he leave?

If he's been out there for all of these years,

why did he abandon his own son?

You know I'm right.

It wouldn't be like this if something wasn't happening.

It wouldn't, but... Let's fight back.

I don't know who we're fighting.

Let's go to Yemen and find out.

To Yemen? I have a son, Lincoln.

My husband's in the ER. Right? Look, leaving them is exactly

the wrong thing for me to do right now.

Ma'am. He's ready to see you.

One second.

I'll do it.

I'll go to Yemen.

You don't know a damn thing about Yemen.

I'll find someone who does.

See ya, Mikey.

<i>I envy you.</i>

<i>You changed your life around.</i>

<i> A man gets tired</i> <i>of living a profligate life.</i>

<i>So I took up jihad. Real jihad,</i>

<i>not that madness</i> <i>that you see on the news.</i>

<i>War within.</i>

<i>The spiritual struggle</i> <i>to clean up your act.</i>

<i>Finding and serving God.</i>

That's good, man.

The world needs it, Linc.

I mean we're, we're small here,

but we do what we can

to help the peace efforts in the Middle East.

Working on anti-radicalization campaigns here at home.

Like I said, the struggle.

That's why I'm here.

If I needed to get to Yemen,

that something you could help me with?

I thought he was dead.

So did everyone.

But Ogygia?

I mean, that's for heavy hitters,

political prisoners.

In Yemen, it doesn't come any worse.

I mean, do you know what it would take to stage a death?

Not to mention keeping a man who is not dead

under the radar for seven years.

Some very powerful players.

Sayed, what do you make of this mosque right here?

Aksa Mosque. It's one of the main ones in Sana'a.

It's very distinct.

Sightlines seem pretty consistent

with what it would probably be from the prison to the mosque.

Now, you ask me, that photo's legit.

Then that's the building my brother's in.

Easiest way to find out is to call the prison and ask.

<i>Mafi</i> Michael Scofield.

<i>Shukran.</i>

There's no Michael Scofield.

Punch up an image from the Internet.

Michael Scofield.

Send it to the prison.

Maybe he's under a different name.

Listen, Linc,

I got to say something, man.

Man, you got to slow your roll.

Yemen is in a civil war.

They're really close to collapse.

It's no place for a white man with an American passport,

no command of Arabic, to just show up on a whim.

And yet, apparently, my brother did.

Got a picture. Your brother's intake photo

from the Fox River Penitentiary.

Here's his DMV photo

and here's a photo from his old workplace Web site.

It's not him.

None of them are.

Someone's erasing him from history.

<i>Lincoln, where are you going?</i>

Hotel, to grab my stuff, then the airport.

Hey, listen, you're not going to Yemen.

Stop me. You won't make it three days.

We need to go through the proper channels.

"The proper channels"?

Someone's erasing his existence.

Who does that? Who has that ability?

I'm telling you, Michael's caught

in the middle of something big.

What if he's not caught in the middle?

What are you saying?

Michael has never been anyone's sucker.

He's always been in control. Always.

You saying he faked his own death?

I'm saying you need to look

at all of the possibilities,

before you walk into a war zone.

I wasn't sure you'd come.

Sometimes a man has to surrender to fate.

See what it has in store for him.

We'll need to put you under.

No, no, no. I don't do general anesthetic, compadre.

It's mandatory for a procedure like this.

You'll forgive me

if I have a problem lying unconscious

before a man with sharp items at his disposal.

It cannot be done without a general anesthetic.

I've done it before, friend.

And look what it got you.

You do anything untoward to me while I'm under and I'll...

You are the last man I'd run afoul of.

Okay?

Fate, you mysterious bitch.

Why you doing this to me?

Hi. Dry cleaning. Nice jacket.

Thank you, sir.

Have a good day.

What the hell was that for? Sucre!

What the hell are you doing here?

C... C-Note told me what's going on.

He tell you to talk me out of it?

No. I'm coming with you.

You're not coming.

Michael's my best friend. If he's alive,

if he's in trouble, I want to help.

Don't you have a job or something?

Yeah, on a tramp. Not great work,

but hey, I'm an ex-con, right?

Tramp?

Yeah, I've been riding her for a while.

What are you, a pimp?

What? No. No, no, no.

A tramp is a freelance cargo ship.

We go to Hong Kong, Spain, Buenos Aires,

basically wherever the boss tells us.

Corrupt son of a bitch.

Well, I suggest you get back on that tramp,

'cause you're not coming. I'm telling you I can help!

Listen to me, this is the Middle East.

Lots has changed. I'm an international hitter now.

A raconteur.

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Don't speak to me like I don't know French, I know French.

And I'm brown, that's something.

I'll fit in better over there

than you will, snowflake.

I decided I was wrong when I said

you would be dead inside of three days.

You go over there, you'll be dead inside of one.

But with me, we have people at the mosque

that have worked over there,

people with legal connections

that can get us inside of that prison.

Hold on. You're not saying he gets to go.

He's not any browner than I am.

No?

I managed to pick up a little Arabic

while I was serving in Iraq.

<i> This is the final</i> <i>boarding call for Flight 39</i>

<i>to JFK, connecting to Yemen.</i> <i>This is the final boarding...</i>

Listen, man.

There's gonna be a time when I'm gonna need you.

You better find him.

And you better call me when you do.

I will.

You really got contacts?

Contacts with contacts.

Could just follow 'em into the bathroom,

ragdoll him in one of stalls and be done with it.

Then we'd have a body to deal with.

And we want him utterly

and irrevocably gone from this world.

Where no amount of digging will bring him back.

We're the only ones coming into the place.

Yeah, the country's falling apart.

Everyone wants out.

Who's that contact again?

A woman named Sheba.

Our handler.

She helps us track Americans that come in

to fight the jihad fight.

Welcome to the civil war.

Mr. Franklin,

Ms. Sheba sent me to collect you.

As-salaam alaikum.

<i>Wa alaikum as-salaam.</i>

This way, gentlemen. Follow me.

<i>Yemen very dangerous.</i>

You never know who's enemies, who's friends.

Everyone scratching

each other's backs.

ISIL is starting to attack the city.

They have been building up out in the desert for months.

If they take the city,

they will kill all the secularists,

install Sharia law.

You know.

You don't seem worried.

I scratch backs, too, my friend.

<i> No, no, no, no.</i> <i>This isn't right.</i>

<i>Hey, wait a minute,</i>

this-this isn't the address.

I get cigarettes. No, no, you don't.

You take us straight to the address right now!

I-I get cigarettes.

<i>Linc, this is a setup.</i>

Grab your bag, get out.

Greetings from the U.S. prison system, bitches.

What is it?

Someone set us up.

Come quickly.

Or we'll all be dead!

Go, go. She's one of us.

Come on, grab your bag. Come on, let's go!

How did you find us?

<i> A contact</i> <i>at the airport saw you</i>

<i>get into the wrong taxi.</i>

<i>You're lucky I found you.</i>

<i>This is very radicalized</i> <i>neighborhood.</i>

Whoever set you up couldn't have set you up in a worse way.

Throw your phones out the window.

I don't want anyone tracking us.

Do it!

Sheba, this is Lincoln.

Lincoln... Sheba.

You've been made whole, Mr. Bagwell.

You're free to go.

Not till you tell me what you've put in me.

You feel an unease, do you?

I'd venture that's what's always been in you since birth.

Your soul. I just put the hardware into you.

You're the thing that runs it.

Who's behind this? Nobody!

Nobody's behind this.

What does that mean?

I got a single word. That's it.

Just, my benefactors I.D.'d themselves by a single word.

<i>Outis.</i>

I looked it up.

It's Greek for "nobody."

That's who your benefactor is, Mr. Bagwell.

Nobody.

Okay.

Who's this?

Omar has connections in Ogygia Prison.

He says he can arrange a visit.

That mean Michael's in there?

There's apparently an American

in there matching

your brother's description.

There's just one thing.

Arranging such a visit is hard. Very difficult.

Comes at a price. Money's not a problem.

Not money.

Your passport.

My passport?

What, you...

you want to hold it? No. Straight trade.

Visit for your passport.

U.S. passport is like gold here.

A few changes, and it can be a ticket to freedom.

Don't do it, Linc.

I know it is not ideal, but...

ideals as of right now are history in Yemen.

You cannot get out of the country

without a passport.

Don't do it.

<i>Inshallah,</i>

you will see your brother soon.

I told myself I'd never step foot in another prison.

As long as we walk out of it.

There's no Michael Scofield.

It was a scam to get my passport.

Omar is one of my most trusted operators.

Listen, lady. Trust doesn't seem to mean

a whole lot in this country.

Give me a second, okay?

I'll figure out a way to work this thing out.

An image.

Right? The one that they sent to you?

Yeah, yeah. Do you have it?

Look.

There.

Kaniel Outis.

Yes, Kaniel Outis. Is he here?

He says, yes, the man in the picture is here

and we can see him, but only 'cause we're dealing with Sheba.

Why did you say that name?

Because of my brother's jacket.

Thought you were on the right side of God on this.

Sheba. No, hey, hey. Sheba...

Hey. Kaniel Outis

is a big-time terrorist.

They got him in here for murder.

He's been working with ISIL

trying to take down the government.

Come on, C.

You know that's not Michael.

Well, whoever he is...

we're about to meet him.

What was my father like?

My real father.

Michael Scofield...

<i>was like a storm.</i>

Grab the camera.

I want to prove he's alive.

He was beautiful

and frightening

<i>and mysterious.</i>

<i>And he would show up</i> <i>in your life</i>

<i>out of the clear blue sky</i>

and then he would disappear just as quickly.

But storms, they can come back.

Can't they?

Question is, if they come back,

is it the same storm,

or has something changed?

Michael.

New tats.

What do you mean, new?

We're gonna get you out of here.

My name isn't Michael.

And I don't know who you are.

Sorry.

Michael.

Michael.

Michael, talk to me. Michael...

Mike.

Mike! What are you doing, damn it?!

Captioned by <font color="#00ffff"> Media Access Group at WGBH</font>

For more infomation >> Prison Break // The first episode ... ًwith English subtitle - Duration: 43:19.

-------------------------------------------

Volvo S80 2.0D Summum - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Volvo S80 2.0D Summum - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Volkswagen Passat Variant GTE Highline 1.4 TSI GTE 218 PK Highline Plug in hybride 7 % Bijtelling, D - Duration: 0:55.

For more infomation >> Volkswagen Passat Variant GTE Highline 1.4 TSI GTE 218 PK Highline Plug in hybride 7 % Bijtelling, D - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

New Watery Discoveries on Enceladus and Europa! - Duration: 4:51.

These days, it seems like we're finding water all over the solar system.

Still, it takes a lot more than a little H2O to support life.

The environment also needs a source of energy and the perfect cocktail of elements, and

that's been a lot harder to find.

But last week, in a paper in the journal Science, researchers announced that we might have found

that mix on Saturn's moon Enceladus, which has a huge ocean underneath its icy surface.

Back in 2005, when the Cassini spacecraft was still young and full of energy, it observed

plumes of water ice and other vapor spraying out of cracks in the surface of Enceladus.

We had no idea those plumes existed before we got there, but thankfully Cassini was already

equipped with an instrument to identify their composition.

The instrument, called the Ion and Neutral Mass Spectrometer, or INMS for short, was

originally designed to sample the atmosphere of Titan, another one of Saturn's moons,

but it was perfect for Enceladus, too.

And now, 12 years and 22 Enceladus flybys later, researchers have identified the gas

in the plumes: It's almost 98% water, about 1% hydrogen, and a combination of other molecules

like carbon dioxide, methane, and ammonia.

We've known about most of those components for a while, but that hydrogen gas — which

might be coming from chemical reactions near hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor — is

big news!

That's because, here on Earth, we've seen microorganisms combine hydrogen and carbon

dioxide to create energy in a reaction called methanogenesis.

Like the name suggests, the reaction also produces methane, which we've also seen

in Enceladus' plumes.

Now, even though Enceladus has the right ingredients for some methanogenic microbes to survive,

it doesn't mean there /has to be/ life there.

We just know it's possible, since life on Earth can make do with some hydrogen and CO2.

We don't have any more missions to Enceladus on the calendar just yet, but maybe we'll

go get a closer look someday.

So if any microbes are out there, listening to this YouTube video, just hang in there

for a while!

Meanwhile, next door at Jupiter, NASA also announced that the Hubble Space Telescope

spotted more evidence for water plumes on Europa.

Because apparently all the cool moons have water plumes these days.

We /think/ we've seen them before — once in 2012 and again in 2014.

And, as published last week in The Astrophysical Journal Letters, in 2016 the Hubble telescope

spotted what looks like another plume in the same spot as the 2014 one, shooting water

100 kilometers into the air! -and by air, I mean space...

That might sound like pretty clear evidence, but because of how we've been looking at

them, it's still hard to say for sure what these plumes are or if they even exist.

Like with Enceladus, NASA is especially interested in Europa because it most likely has an enormous,

liquid water ocean under its icy crust — in fact, Europa probably has twice as much water

as all the oceans on Earth combined!

For years, scientists have been hoping to take samples of Europa's ocean, but there

hasn't been clear evidence for easily-accessible water plumes like on Enceladus.

Scientists can only see these plumes when one erupts just as Europa is passing in front

of Jupiter, from Hubble's perspective.

Then, the plume blocks out some of the ultraviolet radiation from the planet behind it, which

we can see as a silhouette with the Hubble's Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph, or STIS.

The possible 2014 and 2016 plumes came from the same place on Europa's surface, which,

according to data from NASA's Galileo spacecraft, seems to be a slightly cracked warm spot.

This could mean that there's a place on Europa with consistent plumes that are somehow

heating up the nearby surface.

But there's always a chance that we're misinterpreting something about all these

results, because the Hubble telescope wasn't designed to make these specific observations.

So we'll keep using Hubble to monitor Europa for more evidence, but in the meantime, NASA

is working on other projects!

Next fall, the James Webb Space Telescope will launch, and it will have an infrared

camera that could help confirm if the plumes are really there.

And the Europa Clipper Mission, which is scheduled to launch in the 2020s, will have a powerful

ultraviolet camera on board.

This spacecraft will get a closer look at Europa than Hubble ever could.

So hopefully in a few years, we'll be able to tell you if plumes on Europa exist and

what their composition is, just like we can with Enceladus!

But even now, some of the water worlds of the solar system are looking a lot more interesting

and promising in our search for life off-Earth.

Thanks for watching this episode of SciShow Space News, brought to you by our patrons

on Patreon.

To help support the show, go to patreon.com/scishow, and for more space news every week — including

more updates on the end of the Cassini mission — go to youtube.com/scishowspace and subscribe.

For more infomation >> New Watery Discoveries on Enceladus and Europa! - Duration: 4:51.

-------------------------------------------

Dawson City - Duration: 0:27.

My favorite place in Canada is the Yukon

because of Dawson City. As you can see

here is a depiction is my depiction of

Dawson City and the Klondike River in

1897. This is the Klondike and this is

downtown Dawson City with all of the

saloons and bars.

For more infomation >> Dawson City - Duration: 0:27.

-------------------------------------------

Ottawa History - Duration: 0:11.

Ottawa represents the history of Canada.

Canada 150.

For more infomation >> Ottawa History - Duration: 0:11.

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Avensis Verso 2.0i Linea Sol 7p. - Duration: 0:55.

For more infomation >> Toyota Avensis Verso 2.0i Linea Sol 7p. - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

Elena of Avalor | S1, E18 | Lou Diamond Phillips Talks about His Role | Exclusive Preview - Duration: 0:55.

Victor Delgado?

Princess Elena.

Victor Delgado, I mean a lot of people who say he's, one of the bad guys.

I would say he's simply misunderstood.

Bring me the jewels, or I tell them your secret.

(laughs)

Victor was forced to flee Avalor.

And he's not happy about it.

He's had a long time to plot his revenge.

For more infomation >> Elena of Avalor | S1, E18 | Lou Diamond Phillips Talks about His Role | Exclusive Preview - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

Have been added to the "photo scan" app "reflecting the removal of the light" describes the off - Duration: 2:51.

Have been added to the "photo scan" application "reflecting the removal of the light" describes the off function

Hello everyone

This time, we will explain the added "reflected the removal of the light" off function to "photo scan" app

"Photo scan" that is being delivered for Android and iOS, such as the printed photos and advertising paper, is a useful application that can be incorporated posters, and more at high-quality state

That app has been updated to v1.3.1 on April 20, 2017, off function of the new "reflection removal of light" has been implemented

Off of this "reflection removal of light" can be performed on / off button that appears at the bottom of the screen

"Photo scan" is usually capture in accordance with the circle of the center of the screen dots that are displayed on the screen when you take in, such as printed photos

Since the dots are displayed usually four, will be a step to match the circle of four times the center of the screen

Since this process is the result of elaborate reflected reflection of light when attempting to capture in one shot in the case of printed matter such as photos shiny,

Removal process of the reflection of light by capturing through several steps are performed automatically, it would be able to take in as clean a single image

And off function of this newly added "of light reflection removal" will be the function that does not perform the process of removing the reflection of the light

Because at first glance, but is often considered either unnecessary, to be photographed method that does not take place a few times of the incorporation process for the usually carried out "reflection removal of light",

In will be able to take in in one shot, for example, be used if the reflection of the light takes in fewer flyers and posters

That is, it is why it is possible to incorporate more quickly than ever before

By selectively used depending on the printed matter that for "reflection removal of light" off function, also leads to a reduction of working time

In this other "photo scan" app v1.3.1, has been sharing button is also newly added, which can share the image captured on the spot

"Photo scan" quickly a variety of printed materials as well as photos, is an application that can be conveniently used when cleanly capture

While performing the proper use of "reflection removal of light" uptake, and like to share, such as the SNS, please try to use in various situations

Above, it was the explanation of which is added to the "photo scan" application "reflecting the removal of the light" off function

No comments:

Post a Comment