Lana Del Ray is putting us up on some eerie Hollywood history with her new song
'Lust For Life' featuring The Weeknd
These lyrics seem to be a clue into the inspiration
for the song, Peg Entwistle aka The Hollywood Sign Girl.
Peg moved to Hollywood from New York in the 1920s—she had some success as a stage actress
but struggled on the west coast.
In 1932 she committed suicide by jumping off the H of the Hollywood sign—her single film
credit a movie called 'Thirteen Women.'
Peg was only 24 years old at the time.
The 'Lust For Life' album trailer also draws comparisons to Peg's story and myth.
In the trailer, Lana narrates a visual of herself, depicted as a ghost and living in
the middle of the H in the Hollywood sign.
To this day, people still report seeing Peg on that same H she jumped from more than 80 years ago.
There is also a ladder in the trailer.
Peg reportedly used a workman's ladder to get up to the H before she jumped to her death.
The director of Lana's album trailer, Clark Jackson, also confirmed to Pitchfork that
there are indeed hidden tie ins people should take notice of, saying:
"Each thing was placed on purpose.
We want people to ask, "why a ladder?
"Why the seven planets?"
As songs and the rest of the album are released they will become more clear."
And while this Hollywood Sign Girl theme may not be throughout the whole album, it is most
likely the inspiration for this title track.
Clark Jackson told Pitchfork:
"I think I can safely say that the first single is going to be rather Hollywood-centric.
It ties in for sure."
The video for the song 'Lust For Life' has Lana & The Weeknd sitting on top of the
H that Peg still haunts.
And in Lana's lap, a notebook.
This could be in reference to Peg's suicide note: found in her purse alongside her body,
2 days after her jump.
The note read: "I am afraid I am a coward.
I am sorry for everything.
If I had done this a long time ago it would have saved a lot of pain."
that gave me chillsss
I can't wait to see what else Lana has in store for us.
Reports have it, her 5th studio album, 'Lust For Life' could be coming as soon May 26th.
I'm Letty for Genius News, bringing you the meaning and breaking knowledge behind the music.
See you next time.
For more infomation >> Smart Forfour 1.1 PULSE, ELEK RAMEN,CENTR VERGR - Duration: 0:56. 
No comments:
Post a Comment