Saturday, April 22, 2017

Youtube daily report Apr 22 2017

There is beauty in the wasteland.

Not in it's craftsmanship,

per say, but in it's history.

The fictitious events that shaped

the world.

The thought that went into the styles of the time.

That is what's so interesting about the look of Fallout.

Unfortunately, all of this gets overshadowed by the

destruction.

The wasteland is just that, a wasteland.

It can be boring.

Devoid of life.

And like, that's the point, but is

that a good setting for an exploratory video game?

That's why it's so important that Fallout 4 is set in such a busy city

like Boston.

Any splashes of life and character help.

It should be refreshing when you finally see something

besides rocks and dead trees.

If the designers didn't focus

on the small details, like the mid-century set dressing, then

this world would have no character.

It would just be barren emptiness.

They make a conscious effort NOT to put any green plant-

life in the wasteland either.

Anything that was once alive

would have been eradicated during the nuclear holocaust.

That includes plant life.

But this greatly reduces the color

pallet, something they were hoping to improve on since

Fallout 3, which is just a muddy, gray blob.

We can also look at an apocalyptic game like The Last of Us which

handles it's weathering quite a bit differently.

Look at how much green plant life there is.

The theme was way different here.

Nature is reclaiming the land.

But man is it gorgeous

to look at.

It's refreshing and I know the wasteland is

supposed to be dreary and it does a good job of that.

It's more of an unfortunate setting.

The game also does do a

good job of not being as brown as say, Skyrim.

Fallout 4

works with what it can to provide color variations painting

buildings, cars and other objects in bright greens, reds,

blues, or yellows.

Colors you wont normally see in nature,

providing a very pleasing contrast.

This is where the worlds

design history becomes so important.

It's the only splash of

life we have left to hold onto.

I guess there's a metaphor in

there somewhere.

Hey I'm an artist not a writer.

Somebody else can figure that out.

The most interesting part of Fallout's design is the 1950s

influence.

1950s design is known for being clean,

optimistic, a window to perfection.

It's a very interesting

juxtaposition against the horrid, miserable wasteland, which

is the ACTUAL setting for the series.

Now, a lazy artist would just paint a skyline that looks cool

and be done with it.

It's easy to paint wreckage after all.

You just scribble around a bunch, right?

Well... with that

mentality you certainly wont be getting hired by Bethesda

any time soon.

They started with sketches by Adam

Adamowicz.

He made some of the fantastic imagery you

see in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Unfortunately, in 2012 Adam lost his battle with lung cancer at age 43.

At a loss without their friend, and main concept artist, they

cracked open his sketchbook from Fallout 3 to get some

inspiration for how this wasteland should look.

These sketches are very rough on purpose.

It's SUPPOSED to look like a wreck.

But the goal here is just to get as many

ideas out on paper as possible.

Shape, contrast and line

weight are most important.

Line weight can be used to

show depth and gravity.

You're only working with black and

white, so any sort of variation helps.

After asking "what

would Adam do?"

And getting majorly inspired, the Fallout 4

team got to work on creating a new world, starting from the

very base layer and working their way up to the rundown

wasteland we know.

They took details from a lot of great

design influences that, frankly, get lost in all the wreckage.

They could have just started in the setting that Fallout 4

takes place in, but Bethesda has higher standards than that.

The artists more or less built out the entire worlds

history.

You see, Fallout's world is built around a lot of

perimeters, which could make concepting a challenge.

It has to be 1950s retro, but futuristic. Pulpy, but decayed.

This world has our history, with a ton of different American

design influences, but the timeline diverged in the 1950s

where the design philosophy sort of froze, but technological

progression didn't.

There was a heavy focus on nuclear

power.

To dictate this, the concept artists drew a ton of

inspiration from Atomic Age design.

There is very little

evidence of this perfect future before it gets all dystopian on us.

The artists took the time to draw out a completely

progressive Boston consisting of buildings that were built

AFTER the Fallout series's timeline diverged from our own.

The primitive buildings of Boston's past would have been

dwarfed by the new architecture.

This is an optimistic future.

It's bright colors contrast well with the old gray

concrete and steel of the past.

Now, take this optimistic

future, and rip it all down.

Ruin it.

Pretend a bomb went off

in it.

Cause it did.

And we're still not done.

Take that, and

age it 210 years.

After the nuclear holocaust of 2077, we start to see a new

design aesthetic.

Now we start to see the Boston we know from Fallout 4.

Now technological progression gets

pushed back.

Everything is very primitive.

Even though we

have all of that beautiful design work, all that alternate

history, it has to be more or less ruined for the narrative of

the game.

All of that history went from being prominent

design influences, to subtle.

Did you see all the cultural shifts?

There's a lot of alternate

history here, and all of that history should dictate the

aesthetic.

So with all of that in mind, imagine building this

world.

Imagine your job is to rebuild the Boston skyline

based on these perimeters.

You have to ask yourself a ton of questions.

Which design

era should we be replicating?

Is it 1950s design?

Is it

futuristic?

Is it decayed enough?

It depends on what the

area calls for.

The institute is one of the only places with a

clean futuristic look.

You can see the atomic age design

influence in the computers and the rounded shapes of the

medical equipment.

It's stark contrast from the rest of the

game makes it really stand out.

But most places need to

have a little bit of grit to them.

They need to be aged 210

years.

Does this mean the concept artists drew two

versions of every single piece just to show how it was

weathered?

Not necessarily, but they DID do this for some

areas.

While it's important to get a feel for the history,

concept artists don't typically have a lot of time.

Drawing a

whole set twice would be very time consuming.

Painting a

few set pieces taking place prior to 2077 was enough.

However, a LOT of the set dressing WAS designed with

both time periods in mind.

First drawn pristine, with some

color variations, then weathered.

The weathering process is

actually quite fun.

Most of these objects are painted metal,

so besides the cracks, dust and scratches, there's usually a

lot of rust.

This could all be painted in by hand, but there's

other techniques at work too.

There are Photoshop brushes

that apply a rust effect, or even random scratches.

There's

also decals you can get; Transparent PNGs that you can

just paste onto a piece.

It helps to paint around the effect

though to blend it in as best you can.

We need a word for this stuff.

The act of designing based

on the history of the world.

DESIGNING SEQUENCIALLY.

Perhaps the BEST example of designing sequentially is the

fashion and the character design.

They did it to the MAIL

MAN.

They EVEN weather'd this guys FACE.

Some of these guys went through a TON of design iteration.

The 1950s influenced design is obvious.

Take what's there, and

make something new out of it.

Put some holes in it.

Not only does it have to look like it's been through hell, but it

has to look VERY DIY.

Like it was put together to serve a

function, or to show that it's all they could find, similar to the

scavenging we see in the weapons, items and enemies.

But we can spend a whole 'nother episode on THAT...

History, color and architecture are what add life to the

otherwise dead and baron landscape.

There are a lot of

rules and limitations that make concepting this world very

difficult.

Even as a wasteland, it still has to be interesting.

But what do you guys think?

Did they do a good job?

Is it interesting enough?

Is there anything you'd like to have

seen done differently?

Leave it in the comments below and

if you like this video make sure you absolutely ruin that like button.

You get it?

Like... they ruined this game?

Not in a bad way like, they weathered it... cause like... nuke... ok

forget it.

Thank you all for being here and for supporting us on our

Patreon.

You guys are what make these videos possible

and don't forget you can see these videos early at just the

$3 level and provide feedback at just the $5 level.

Talk to us.

Be a part of that community.

You could also talk to me

on Twitter @BobWulff and tell me any suggestions you

have for this show.

Anything you want to see let me know

and I will do it.

Thanks for watching guys.

I'll see you in another video.

Have a good week.

For more infomation >> Does Fallout's WASTELAND setting help or hurt it? – The ART! - Duration: 9:40.

-------------------------------------------

Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

Hey guys, I'm Meneghetti

And this is Saturday Sub-30

This time I'm gonna show a 23.77 solve

That had an interesting execution

I managed to cancel some rotations twice

And I'll show it

That's something I try to do when I get the chance

But it heavily depends on my Think Ahead

Depends on how much I can see further on the solve

So I consider this to be kinda advanced

It's not always that I manage to make it

But this time it happened twice and I'll show it

My TPS was 5.8

81 STM

Memo sub-10 and execution sub-14

So, let's memorize the edges

EN, IV

MS, FR

JX, Q

It ends on Q, it had parity

So, now when I memorize the corners

I'm gonna swap UBL and UBR

Let's go... TU

XC

FN

See that I shot to N

Because I got the blue sticker

And the blue sticker

When it gets to this position

I know it stays in the N position

Only cuz of parity, otherwise it would be my buffer

And this corner is solved, so that's it

Let's execute it... TU

A pure commutator

XC I set up to XK with an R'

And XK I solve in 9, so 11 moves

OK? Now, FN

An F' setup

It becomes UN

10 moves

Moving on to the edges... EN

I changed this alg recently

I really like this new one I learned

I do an Rw'

Now we have an EM on the top

But my buffer went to the back

It becomes a nice case, 7 moves total

Pretty fast

Moving on... IV

I do an X rotation

Now, what I was saying about thinking ahead

I knew the next alg after IV would be MS

And both IV and MS have an X rotation

So, instead of doing X, execute IV

Undo, X', then X again

And solve MS

I kept the rotation

So, IV

MS

I guess this helped a lot

Now, the same thing happens in the next 2 algs

Which are FR and JX

In both of these I do a Z rotation

So, I kept the rotation again

So I wouldn't have to go back and forth

This was FR

And this was JX

Rotations cancelled

Now, for parity, I have an alg for this case

13 moves

This was my 23.77

See you in the next episode! Thanks

For more infomation >> Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

-------------------------------------------

Extract Diethyl Ether and Heptane from Starter Fluid - Duration: 5:57.

Warning: Diethyl ether is highly flammable, fire safety protocols must be in place.

Greetings fellow nerds.

Diethyl ether is a very famous and commonly used solvent in chemistry labs.

It's non-polar and has a very low boiling point of just 34.6 degrees celsius.

Lower than human body temperature.

So that makes it easy to remove from chemical reactions by boiling it off.

This is tremendously useful for solvent extractions.

Additionally it's not very reactive, but polar enough that it can support grignard reactions.

I want diethyl ether for both purposes.

Now diethyl ether can be made from sulfuric acid and ethanol but a much more accessible source is car starter fluid.

This is a usually a mixture of diethyl ether and n-heptane.

Other sources may have other components but almost all of them have diethyl ether.

If you buy these cans in bulk, this can be a far cheaper source of diethyl ether than making it yourself.

Now to separate out the ether we're going to distill it.

First spray the contents into a flask.

Mine didn't come with a spray straw so i'm using this distillation adapter to direct the spray into the flask.

This is completely optional though.

I'm just doing it because it lets me hold the can upright.

I'm wearing a glove because the can was previously cooled in a freezer overnight to lower the temperature.

This is to help reduce evaporative losses.

Nonetheless some will escape so do this outside or in a fume hood.

Anyway, here is our flask of car starter fluid.

Now to separate out the ether by distillation.

Set up a fractional distillation apparatus around the flask.

Now the cooling water you use should be ice cold so i recommend using an ice water reservoir.

Diethyl ether has a low boiling point of 34.6 degrees celsius so room temperature cooling water will have diminished effectiveness condensing it.

Now turn on the heating and start distilling.

Start off at a very low temperature and very slowly ramp up.

Diethyl ether is very volatile and it doesn't take much heat to start it boiling.

If you prefer, you can use a warm water bath instead of direct heating on the hotplate.

Now you don't need a fractional distillation setup and simple distillation will work.

But i prefer fractional distillation as heptane is still quite volatile in of itself and a small length of fractional distillation column greatly improves purity.

As you distill the flow will drop and you'll need to raise the temperature as you progress.

Try to keep a constant flow.

Go in small increments and wait for the temperature to stabilize before going further.

Diethyl ether can boil so fast that it blows apart the distillation apparatus.

Considering it has very low autoignition temperature, it can easily catch fire if the vapors find their way to the hotplate.

So go slowly.

It's for this reason that many chemists prefer to boil ether with hot water as hot water is below the autoignition temperature of diethyl ether.

Eventually as you continue to increase the heating in small amounts,

When the temperature shoots up past 70 celsius even though the flow rate is very low you're done distilling diethyl ether and are now starting to distill heptane.

Stop heating and let everything cool.

And here it is, diethyl ether distilled from car starter fluid.

Now a special note about long term storage.

Diethyl ether like most ethers is notorious for reacting with air and light to generate highly explosive organic peroxides as it sits in storage.

This is relatively safe in small concentrations but if you evaporate the ether or distill it off as you would for solvent extractions

then the peroxides would concentrate in the residue and explode.

So don't keep diethyl ether for extended lengths of time.

Use it within several months.

Alternatively, you can store diethyl ether over sodium hydroxide or sodium metal.

You can even use the sodium magnesium oxide aggregate i showed how to make in a previous video.

To be honest though, don't even bother storing your ether separately.

Instead, keep the original can and only distill it out when you want to use it.

Distilling it out and not using it is kinda unnecessary.

In here it's protected from light and more importantly, there is no air, only carbon dioxide propellant.

So it can last for many years without peroxide formation.

Anyway, let's say you have distilled it out and have used it, you might be wondering what to do with the heptane residue.

It's actually a nice clean aliphatic solvent and wonderful for cleaning oily residues and contaminants.

It's very inert and you can even store sodium metal in it.

In fact it's great for washing off the mineral oil from sodium if you want relatively clean sodium for your reactions.

The heptane itself evaporates quickly and can also be distilled out if you prefer.

Being clean and nonpolar it's also an excellent solvent for solvent extractions.

So you can get two very useful chemicals from starter fluid.

I'll be using my diethyl ether for solvent extractions and grignard reactions in upcoming videos.

Thanks for watching.

This video is sponsored in part by audible.

An online media platform specializing in all audio based content with a particular focus on audio books.

Audible is available as an app and also lets you download MP3 files of your content so you can listen to it anywhere like in a car or on the bus.

As a special promotion with my channel.

Audible is offering a free 30 day trial membership and a free audiobook.

You get to keep the audiobook after the trial even if you cancel your subscription so really you have nothing to lose at all by trying it out.

If you're interested, the link is audible.com/nurdrage and i included the link in the video description below.

Personally i've already used my free trial to get a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and narrated by Stephen Fry.

Maybe i'll try the Martian next by Andy Weir.

Anyway, check out audible.

For more infomation >> Extract Diethyl Ether and Heptane from Starter Fluid - Duration: 5:57.

-------------------------------------------

Honda Accord 2.4i Type-S 200pk automaat 1e eigenaar premium sound system 2010 - Duration: 0:55.

For more infomation >> Honda Accord 2.4i Type-S 200pk automaat 1e eigenaar premium sound system 2010 - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 Exclusive RIJKLAAR!! - Duration: 1:02.

For more infomation >> Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 Exclusive RIJKLAAR!! - Duration: 1:02.

-------------------------------------------

MINI 2.0 COOPER S CHILI *Wired/Panorama dak/Leer* - Duration: 0:59.

For more infomation >> MINI 2.0 COOPER S CHILI *Wired/Panorama dak/Leer* - Duration: 0:59.

-------------------------------------------

Volvo V50 bjr 2011 1.6 D2 85kW/115pk 6-bak S/S SPORT CLIMA + CRUISE + XENON + BLUETOOTH + HIGH PERFO - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Volvo V50 bjr 2011 1.6 D2 85kW/115pk 6-bak S/S SPORT CLIMA + CRUISE + XENON + BLUETOOTH + HIGH PERFO - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

Does Fallout's WASTELAND setting help or hurt it? – The ART! - Duration: 9:40.

There is beauty in the wasteland.

Not in it's craftsmanship,

per say, but in it's history.

The fictitious events that shaped

the world.

The thought that went into the styles of the time.

That is what's so interesting about the look of Fallout.

Unfortunately, all of this gets overshadowed by the

destruction.

The wasteland is just that, a wasteland.

It can be boring.

Devoid of life.

And like, that's the point, but is

that a good setting for an exploratory video game?

That's why it's so important that Fallout 4 is set in such a busy city

like Boston.

Any splashes of life and character help.

It should be refreshing when you finally see something

besides rocks and dead trees.

If the designers didn't focus

on the small details, like the mid-century set dressing, then

this world would have no character.

It would just be barren emptiness.

They make a conscious effort NOT to put any green plant-

life in the wasteland either.

Anything that was once alive

would have been eradicated during the nuclear holocaust.

That includes plant life.

But this greatly reduces the color

pallet, something they were hoping to improve on since

Fallout 3, which is just a muddy, gray blob.

We can also look at an apocalyptic game like The Last of Us which

handles it's weathering quite a bit differently.

Look at how much green plant life there is.

The theme was way different here.

Nature is reclaiming the land.

But man is it gorgeous

to look at.

It's refreshing and I know the wasteland is

supposed to be dreary and it does a good job of that.

It's more of an unfortunate setting.

The game also does do a

good job of not being as brown as say, Skyrim.

Fallout 4

works with what it can to provide color variations painting

buildings, cars and other objects in bright greens, reds,

blues, or yellows.

Colors you wont normally see in nature,

providing a very pleasing contrast.

This is where the worlds

design history becomes so important.

It's the only splash of

life we have left to hold onto.

I guess there's a metaphor in

there somewhere.

Hey I'm an artist not a writer.

Somebody else can figure that out.

The most interesting part of Fallout's design is the 1950s

influence.

1950s design is known for being clean,

optimistic, a window to perfection.

It's a very interesting

juxtaposition against the horrid, miserable wasteland, which

is the ACTUAL setting for the series.

Now, a lazy artist would just paint a skyline that looks cool

and be done with it.

It's easy to paint wreckage after all.

You just scribble around a bunch, right?

Well... with that

mentality you certainly wont be getting hired by Bethesda

any time soon.

They started with sketches by Adam

Adamowicz.

He made some of the fantastic imagery you

see in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Unfortunately, in 2012 Adam lost his battle with lung cancer at age 43.

At a loss without their friend, and main concept artist, they

cracked open his sketchbook from Fallout 3 to get some

inspiration for how this wasteland should look.

These sketches are very rough on purpose.

It's SUPPOSED to look like a wreck.

But the goal here is just to get as many

ideas out on paper as possible.

Shape, contrast and line

weight are most important.

Line weight can be used to

show depth and gravity.

You're only working with black and

white, so any sort of variation helps.

After asking "what

would Adam do?"

And getting majorly inspired, the Fallout 4

team got to work on creating a new world, starting from the

very base layer and working their way up to the rundown

wasteland we know.

They took details from a lot of great

design influences that, frankly, get lost in all the wreckage.

They could have just started in the setting that Fallout 4

takes place in, but Bethesda has higher standards than that.

The artists more or less built out the entire worlds

history.

You see, Fallout's world is built around a lot of

perimeters, which could make concepting a challenge.

It has to be 1950s retro, but futuristic. Pulpy, but decayed.

This world has our history, with a ton of different American

design influences, but the timeline diverged in the 1950s

where the design philosophy sort of froze, but technological

progression didn't.

There was a heavy focus on nuclear

power.

To dictate this, the concept artists drew a ton of

inspiration from Atomic Age design.

There is very little

evidence of this perfect future before it gets all dystopian on us.

The artists took the time to draw out a completely

progressive Boston consisting of buildings that were built

AFTER the Fallout series's timeline diverged from our own.

The primitive buildings of Boston's past would have been

dwarfed by the new architecture.

This is an optimistic future.

It's bright colors contrast well with the old gray

concrete and steel of the past.

Now, take this optimistic

future, and rip it all down.

Ruin it.

Pretend a bomb went off

in it.

Cause it did.

And we're still not done.

Take that, and

age it 210 years.

After the nuclear holocaust of 2077, we start to see a new

design aesthetic.

Now we start to see the Boston we know from Fallout 4.

Now technological progression gets

pushed back.

Everything is very primitive.

Even though we

have all of that beautiful design work, all that alternate

history, it has to be more or less ruined for the narrative of

the game.

All of that history went from being prominent

design influences, to subtle.

Did you see all the cultural shifts?

There's a lot of alternate

history here, and all of that history should dictate the

aesthetic.

So with all of that in mind, imagine building this

world.

Imagine your job is to rebuild the Boston skyline

based on these perimeters.

You have to ask yourself a ton of questions.

Which design

era should we be replicating?

Is it 1950s design?

Is it

futuristic?

Is it decayed enough?

It depends on what the

area calls for.

The institute is one of the only places with a

clean futuristic look.

You can see the atomic age design

influence in the computers and the rounded shapes of the

medical equipment.

It's stark contrast from the rest of the

game makes it really stand out.

But most places need to

have a little bit of grit to them.

They need to be aged 210

years.

Does this mean the concept artists drew two

versions of every single piece just to show how it was

weathered?

Not necessarily, but they DID do this for some

areas.

While it's important to get a feel for the history,

concept artists don't typically have a lot of time.

Drawing a

whole set twice would be very time consuming.

Painting a

few set pieces taking place prior to 2077 was enough.

However, a LOT of the set dressing WAS designed with

both time periods in mind.

First drawn pristine, with some

color variations, then weathered.

The weathering process is

actually quite fun.

Most of these objects are painted metal,

so besides the cracks, dust and scratches, there's usually a

lot of rust.

This could all be painted in by hand, but there's

other techniques at work too.

There are Photoshop brushes

that apply a rust effect, or even random scratches.

There's

also decals you can get; Transparent PNGs that you can

just paste onto a piece.

It helps to paint around the effect

though to blend it in as best you can.

We need a word for this stuff.

The act of designing based

on the history of the world.

DESIGNING SEQUENCIALLY.

Perhaps the BEST example of designing sequentially is the

fashion and the character design.

They did it to the MAIL

MAN.

They EVEN weather'd this guys FACE.

Some of these guys went through a TON of design iteration.

The 1950s influenced design is obvious.

Take what's there, and

make something new out of it.

Put some holes in it.

Not only does it have to look like it's been through hell, but it

has to look VERY DIY.

Like it was put together to serve a

function, or to show that it's all they could find, similar to the

scavenging we see in the weapons, items and enemies.

But we can spend a whole 'nother episode on THAT...

History, color and architecture are what add life to the

otherwise dead and baron landscape.

There are a lot of

rules and limitations that make concepting this world very

difficult.

Even as a wasteland, it still has to be interesting.

But what do you guys think?

Did they do a good job?

Is it interesting enough?

Is there anything you'd like to have

seen done differently?

Leave it in the comments below and

if you like this video make sure you absolutely ruin that like button.

You get it?

Like... they ruined this game?

Not in a bad way like, they weathered it... cause like... nuke... ok

forget it.

Thank you all for being here and for supporting us on our

Patreon.

You guys are what make these videos possible

and don't forget you can see these videos early at just the

$3 level and provide feedback at just the $5 level.

Talk to us.

Be a part of that community.

You could also talk to me

on Twitter @BobWulff and tell me any suggestions you

have for this show.

Anything you want to see let me know

and I will do it.

Thanks for watching guys.

I'll see you in another video.

Have a good week.

For more infomation >> Does Fallout's WASTELAND setting help or hurt it? – The ART! - Duration: 9:40.

-------------------------------------------

Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

Hey guys, I'm Meneghetti

And this is Saturday Sub-30

This time I'm gonna show a 23.77 solve

That had an interesting execution

I managed to cancel some rotations twice

And I'll show it

That's something I try to do when I get the chance

But it heavily depends on my Think Ahead

Depends on how much I can see further on the solve

So I consider this to be kinda advanced

It's not always that I manage to make it

But this time it happened twice and I'll show it

My TPS was 5.8

81 STM

Memo sub-10 and execution sub-14

So, let's memorize the edges

EN, IV

MS, FR

JX, Q

It ends on Q, it had parity

So, now when I memorize the corners

I'm gonna swap UBL and UBR

Let's go... TU

XC

FN

See that I shot to N

Because I got the blue sticker

And the blue sticker

When it gets to this position

I know it stays in the N position

Only cuz of parity, otherwise it would be my buffer

And this corner is solved, so that's it

Let's execute it... TU

A pure commutator

XC I set up to XK with an R'

And XK I solve in 9, so 11 moves

OK? Now, FN

An F' setup

It becomes UN

10 moves

Moving on to the edges... EN

I changed this alg recently

I really like this new one I learned

I do an Rw'

Now we have an EM on the top

But my buffer went to the back

It becomes a nice case, 7 moves total

Pretty fast

Moving on... IV

I do an X rotation

Now, what I was saying about thinking ahead

I knew the next alg after IV would be MS

And both IV and MS have an X rotation

So, instead of doing X, execute IV

Undo, X', then X again

And solve MS

I kept the rotation

So, IV

MS

I guess this helped a lot

Now, the same thing happens in the next 2 algs

Which are FR and JX

In both of these I do a Z rotation

So, I kept the rotation again

So I wouldn't have to go back and forth

This was FR

And this was JX

Rotations cancelled

Now, for parity, I have an alg for this case

13 moves

This was my 23.77

See you in the next episode! Thanks

For more infomation >> Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

-------------------------------------------

Peugeot 206 1.4 X-line - Duration: 1:00.

For more infomation >> Peugeot 206 1.4 X-line - Duration: 1:00.

-------------------------------------------

Peugeot 206+ 1.4 HDiF XS - Duration: 1:03.

For more infomation >> Peugeot 206+ 1.4 HDiF XS - Duration: 1:03.

-------------------------------------------

RAP of the Best YouTubers | English Black Friday - ATIVE A LEGENDA! - Duration: 4:02.

Yo, what's up guys! That's your boy Dawg

from English Black Friday, so you know

I'm here working on my song called RAP

of the Best YouTubers and you know the

deal, right? I mean, it's kind of

complicated because you have to have the

beat and this time I'm using this beat

by Meek Mill. It's called Monsters and well

the song I, you know, I've been

thinking about a lot you know like to

put it on my Youtube Channel you know English

Black Friday I know we've been kind of

stuck for a while it's just because you

know I got a lot of things to do and you

know a lot of classes to teach and all

that but this time I'm coming up with it

and I hope you guys like it and well

this is just a making-of so I hope you

guys enjoy what I'm doing so if I make a

mistake you know it's part of the job

but hopefully I'm gonna have enough

money to hit the studio put that into

you know look really fine tune and we're

gonna work on that and videos might be

coming up your way I so enjoy it. And it

goes like this! Hey yo! Hey yo! that's your

boy Dawg this is English Black Friday I'm

the moster and I'm coming your way

and this time I'm coming with my crew

bringing the best for you. It goes

like this. EBF is Black Friday on YouTube

Hanging with Carina, Gavin Roy, and Ice Cube

Alison Medina bringing all the information

I'm impressed with these people's dedication

Ira Loiola been bloggin' like a pro

If y'all wanna learn somn ya'd better take note

Isabele Pires coming up wit' mo' for you

Inamara Arruda will never let you feel blue

Elen Fernandes stay tuned in brogue land

I've learned from Ingles Winner, Paulo Barros is the man.

Rachel's English workin' hard on yo' pronunciation

But don't forget the swag, ya gotta work on intonation

Denilso de Lima is on the tip of my tongue

But ya know I gotta scream at the top of my lung

English in Brazil is the best you'll ever see

It's by Carina Fragozo sippin' on'er herb tea.

Hardworking is my first name brother is my last

If ya wanna rap, bruh, ya gotta think fast

Vocabulary, slang, rhymes, and intonation

Put'em into practice through a gnarly conversation

ARE YOU READY, N-WORD?

I said, are you ready,?

This is my recommendation.

I highly recommend these channels on YouTube

This is what I been listening to, watching, and learning from

Check me out! They rep on YouTube!

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

English in Brazil be...

I'mona try one more time I told ya that

This is just the practice!

Alright! Check me out!

English in Brazil by Carina Fragozo

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

English in Brazil be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast.

Aight! English in Brazil. That's the first recommendation!

The second recommendation, comin' your way right now!

Listen to the beat and sing to the tune

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

Small Advantages be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast, c'mon!

Small Advantages by Gavin Roy

But I still got another one. This guy is my

inspiration. It goes like this!

This the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

Fluency MC be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast.

C'MON!

That's what I'm talkin' about, y'all!

I hope you enjoy it! See you guys later!

For more infomation >> RAP of the Best YouTubers | English Black Friday - ATIVE A LEGENDA! - Duration: 4:02.

-------------------------------------------

Extract Diethyl Ether and Heptane from Starter Fluid - Duration: 5:57.

Warning: Diethyl ether is highly flammable, fire safety protocols must be in place.

Greetings fellow nerds.

Diethyl ether is a very famous and commonly used solvent in chemistry labs.

It's non-polar and has a very low boiling point of just 34.6 degrees celsius.

Lower than human body temperature.

So that makes it easy to remove from chemical reactions by boiling it off.

This is tremendously useful for solvent extractions.

Additionally it's not very reactive, but polar enough that it can support grignard reactions.

I want diethyl ether for both purposes.

Now diethyl ether can be made from sulfuric acid and ethanol but a much more accessible source is car starter fluid.

This is a usually a mixture of diethyl ether and n-heptane.

Other sources may have other components but almost all of them have diethyl ether.

If you buy these cans in bulk, this can be a far cheaper source of diethyl ether than making it yourself.

Now to separate out the ether we're going to distill it.

First spray the contents into a flask.

Mine didn't come with a spray straw so i'm using this distillation adapter to direct the spray into the flask.

This is completely optional though.

I'm just doing it because it lets me hold the can upright.

I'm wearing a glove because the can was previously cooled in a freezer overnight to lower the temperature.

This is to help reduce evaporative losses.

Nonetheless some will escape so do this outside or in a fume hood.

Anyway, here is our flask of car starter fluid.

Now to separate out the ether by distillation.

Set up a fractional distillation apparatus around the flask.

Now the cooling water you use should be ice cold so i recommend using an ice water reservoir.

Diethyl ether has a low boiling point of 34.6 degrees celsius so room temperature cooling water will have diminished effectiveness condensing it.

Now turn on the heating and start distilling.

Start off at a very low temperature and very slowly ramp up.

Diethyl ether is very volatile and it doesn't take much heat to start it boiling.

If you prefer, you can use a warm water bath instead of direct heating on the hotplate.

Now you don't need a fractional distillation setup and simple distillation will work.

But i prefer fractional distillation as heptane is still quite volatile in of itself and a small length of fractional distillation column greatly improves purity.

As you distill the flow will drop and you'll need to raise the temperature as you progress.

Try to keep a constant flow.

Go in small increments and wait for the temperature to stabilize before going further.

Diethyl ether can boil so fast that it blows apart the distillation apparatus.

Considering it has very low autoignition temperature, it can easily catch fire if the vapors find their way to the hotplate.

So go slowly.

It's for this reason that many chemists prefer to boil ether with hot water as hot water is below the autoignition temperature of diethyl ether.

Eventually as you continue to increase the heating in small amounts,

When the temperature shoots up past 70 celsius even though the flow rate is very low you're done distilling diethyl ether and are now starting to distill heptane.

Stop heating and let everything cool.

And here it is, diethyl ether distilled from car starter fluid.

Now a special note about long term storage.

Diethyl ether like most ethers is notorious for reacting with air and light to generate highly explosive organic peroxides as it sits in storage.

This is relatively safe in small concentrations but if you evaporate the ether or distill it off as you would for solvent extractions

then the peroxides would concentrate in the residue and explode.

So don't keep diethyl ether for extended lengths of time.

Use it within several months.

Alternatively, you can store diethyl ether over sodium hydroxide or sodium metal.

You can even use the sodium magnesium oxide aggregate i showed how to make in a previous video.

To be honest though, don't even bother storing your ether separately.

Instead, keep the original can and only distill it out when you want to use it.

Distilling it out and not using it is kinda unnecessary.

In here it's protected from light and more importantly, there is no air, only carbon dioxide propellant.

So it can last for many years without peroxide formation.

Anyway, let's say you have distilled it out and have used it, you might be wondering what to do with the heptane residue.

It's actually a nice clean aliphatic solvent and wonderful for cleaning oily residues and contaminants.

It's very inert and you can even store sodium metal in it.

In fact it's great for washing off the mineral oil from sodium if you want relatively clean sodium for your reactions.

The heptane itself evaporates quickly and can also be distilled out if you prefer.

Being clean and nonpolar it's also an excellent solvent for solvent extractions.

So you can get two very useful chemicals from starter fluid.

I'll be using my diethyl ether for solvent extractions and grignard reactions in upcoming videos.

Thanks for watching.

This video is sponsored in part by audible.

An online media platform specializing in all audio based content with a particular focus on audio books.

Audible is available as an app and also lets you download MP3 files of your content so you can listen to it anywhere like in a car or on the bus.

As a special promotion with my channel.

Audible is offering a free 30 day trial membership and a free audiobook.

You get to keep the audiobook after the trial even if you cancel your subscription so really you have nothing to lose at all by trying it out.

If you're interested, the link is audible.com/nurdrage and i included the link in the video description below.

Personally i've already used my free trial to get a copy of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and narrated by Stephen Fry.

Maybe i'll try the Martian next by Andy Weir.

Anyway, check out audible.

For more infomation >> Extract Diethyl Ether and Heptane from Starter Fluid - Duration: 5:57.

-------------------------------------------

How to Pronounce /m/ as in me - American Accent - Duration: 22:53.

Hi.

I'm Denise.

Thank you for watching my video.

Today I'm going to talk about the sound /m/.

I will talk about how to make this sound.

I will give you some words to practice with this sound, and I will give you words with

the sound at the beginning of the word, in the middle of the word, and the end of the word.

I will also give you several similar words to compare and practice with me.

And I will give you a short quiz.

And then finally, I will give you a few sentences to practice with me.

So let's start by talking about how to make this sound.

The /m/ sound is made by closing the two lips, by putting them together firmly but gently.

The lips are not really tight.

They are relaxed.

But they are closed and that stops the air from coming out of the mouth, so instead,

the air comes through the nose.

And this sound is called a nasal sound and the reason is because the air comes through

the nose, because we are using our nose to make this sound, /m/.

If you put your finger just below your nose, you should be able to feel the air coming

out.

So try that, please.

/m/ /m/ Did you feel a little bit of air?

I hope so.

This sound is a voiced sound.

That means that our vocal cords vibrate when we make the sound, and also, you will probably

be able to feel a little bit of vibration in your lips, /m/.

So, let's try using this sound in several words.

We will next go on to practice words.

The sound /m/ is made with the letter m.

So here are many words to practice with me containing the letter m and containing the

sound /m/.

The words in the first column have /m/ at the beginning of the word.

The words in the second column have /m/ in the middle of the word, and the words in the

last column have /m/ at the end of the word.

Please practice these with me.

Please repeat.

Make, many, maybe, method, minute, money, more, most, much, music.

This column, empty, image, improve, lemon, normal, number, remove, simple, jump, lamp.

And in this column.

Some people have trouble completing the sound /m/ at the end of the word, so if you're

one of those people, please pay extra attention to this column of words and please practice

them with me.

It's important to complete that /m/ sound at the end of the word.

Here we go.

From, him, room, storm, system, home, some, time, climb, comb.

Please notice that in these three words, the letter e at the end of the word is not pronounced.

So that's why I was able to put these in this column because the last sound is the

/m/ sound.

Some, time, and home.

And in these two words, the letter b is not pronounced, so the last sound in these words

is, of course, /m/.

Climb, comb.

Let me say a few short phrases or sentences for you, and please try to repeat these after me.

I will use some of the words in the chart here.

We need to make more money.

We need to make more money.

Our method is much better than before.

Our method is much better than before.

Let's listen to music for several minutes.

Let's listen to music for several minutes.

We can improve the tea with more lemon.

We can improve the tea with more lemon.

He improved his image.

He improved his image.

Let's remove one number from the list.

Let's remove one number from the list.

The boy jumped over the lamp.

The boy jumped over the lamp.

Some of these sentences are a little silly, but it's good practice, right?

There's a strong storm system moving across the country.

There's a strong storm system moving across the country.

So in that sentence, I used storm, system, and moving.

They all have the /m/ sound.

I brought it from home.

I brought it from home.

So we have from and home.

I'll see you sometime later.

I'll see you sometime later.

And….

The men climbed up the mountain.

The men climbed up the mountain.

Alright, just a little bit of practice there.

But these are several /m/ words for you to practice on your own if you'd like, and

we will go on to compare some words.

Now it's time to compare several words and practice saying them with me.

As I said in the previous section, some people have trouble completing the /m/ sound at the

end of words, so in this exercise, what I'd like to do is practice words that do end in

the /m/ sound in this column with words that do not end with the /m/ sound in this column.

So, the beginning sounds of each word are the same.

All the words in this column end in a vowel sound, and all of the words in this column

have the same beginning sound and vowel sound, but in addition they end with the /m/.

So these are words without /m/.

These are words with /m/.

And other than the /m/ sound, they are identical.

So please listen very carefully to each of the words, and please practice saying them

with me.

Please repeat these words after me.

Without and with /m/.

Bee, beam, bee, beam.

Another thing you might notice is that the vowel sound in these words is a little bit

longer than the vowel sound in these words.

That's because the vowels are followed by the /m/.

That makes them a little bit longer.

Let's continue.

Tea, team, tea, team.

Low, loam, low, loam.

Tie, time.

Sorry.

Tie, time.

See, seem, see, seem.

Be sure to get that /m/ at the end of the second word.

Zoo, zoom, zoo, zoom.

Doe, dome, doe, dome.

Row, roam, row, roam.

Dye, dime, dye, dime.

Let's go on and compare some more words.

This time I'd like to compare words with the /m/ sound with words with the /n/ sound.

The sound /n/ is also a nasal sound just like /m/.

That means that we use our nose when we produce this sound.

In particular, we let the air come through our nose just as we do with the /m/ sound.

The difference between these sounds is in the shape of the mouth, the position of the

mouth.

For /m/, I said earlier that we have to close our lips, /m/, and then we push air out through

our nose.

For the /n/ sound, we leave our lips open and we put our tongue on the ridge behind

our upper teeth and we firmly press on that ridge.

At the same time we're doing that, we let the air come out through our nose.

So that part, the air coming through the nose, is the same as with /m/, but the mouth position

is different.

This is /n/ /n/.

So, some people confuse these two sounds because they are both nasal sounds.

They both push air through the nose, but as I said and as I hope that you saw, my mouth

position is very different.

Please try this with me, /m/ /n/, /m/ /n/, alright?

Because some people confuse these sounds, I'd like to practice words containing these

sounds, alright?

If you want more information, though, on this sound /n/, please see my other video about

that sound.

For now, I just want to compare some words, alright?

In these two columns, I have words beginning with either /m/ or /n/.

In these two columns, I have words with /m/ or /n/ in the middle of the word.

And in these two columns, I have /m/ or /n/ at the end of the word. Alright?

So please practice these with me.

I do want to mention one thing about this word.

We do not pronounce the letter k, so the first sound in this word is /n/.

And then, also, here I actually have two words, but when I say them together, they sound the

same as this other than the /m/ or /n/.

And I believe those are my only comments for now.

Please practice saying these words with me, and please try to distinguish between /m/

with the mouth closed and /n/ with the mouth open and the tongue pushing on the ridge behind

your upper teeth.

In both cases, air will come out through the nose.

Map, nap, map, nap.

Meal, kneel, meal, kneel.

Mice, nice, mice, nice.

Are you watching my lips?

I hope you're doing the same.

Moon, noon, moon, noon.

More, nor, more, nor.

Let's do the next two columns.

A mother, another, a mother, another.

Coming, cunning, coming, cunning.

Smear, sneer, smear, sneer.

When we have this sound in the middle of the word, we usually make it a little bit more

quickly or I do anyway than when it's maybe at the beginning or at the end of the word.

So it may be a little bit more difficult to hear the difference or feel the difference

just because it's a little bit quicker, but it's there, so let's try again.

Coming.

So I did the /m/ kind of quickly.

Coming, cunning, coming, cunning, a mother, another, a mother, another.

And in these two words, there's no vowel sound between /s/ and /m/ or between /s/ and /n/.

We just move from the /s/ to the next sound.

Let's do the last two columns.

Beam, bean, beam, bean.

Team, teen, team, teen.

Loam, lone, loam, lone.

Time, tine, time, tine.

Dime, dine, dime, dine.

Are you ready for a quiz?

It's time for a short quiz.

This is the first part of the quiz.

In each of these sentences I have a pair of words and the first word in the pair does

not have the /m/ sound, so I have represented that with the null symbol meaning nothing

so there's nothing for the /m/ sound.

The second word in the pair does have the /m/ sound.

So for this quiz, please listen to me say these sentences and decide which one of the

two words I say.

I'm only going to say one of them.

So you guess, don't guess, but listen to see which word I say.

Here we go.

Can you hear the noisy zoo?

Can you hear the noisy zoo?

And that, of course, was zoo.

What a beautiful doe that is!

What a beautiful doe that is!

Which one?

Okay, doe.

Don't roam too far.

Don't roam too far.

Roam.

And…

The dime fell on the floor.

The dime fell on the floor.

Did you hear it?

That was dime.

In this part of the quiz, I have words with either the /m/ sound or the /n/ sound.

So just like the last part, please listen and decide which word I say.

I need a nap now.

I need a nap now.

That was … which one?....nap.

A mother is coming soon.

A mother is coming soon.

Which one?

That was mother.

That's an ugly sneer on her face.

That's an ugly sneer on her face.

And which was that?

Smear or sneer?

It was sneer.

Here's the last part of the quiz.

In this part of the quiz, I have three words in each sentence for you to choose from.

The first word in each group has neither /m/ nor /n/, so I put the null symbol.

The second word in each group ends in the /m/ sound, and the third word in each group

ends in the /n/ sound.

So in this part of the quiz also I want you to decide which word I say, but first let

me read these words to you.

This is bee, beam, bean, tea, team, teen, low, loam, lone, tie, time, tine.

Please decide which word I say.

There's a big bee in the barn.

There's a big bee in the barn.

Which one?

That was bee.

The team is late.

The team is late.

Which one?

That was team.

Can you see the last three words?

They say in the wall.

There's a lone brick in the wall.

There's a lone brick in the wall.

That was lone.

The last one.

The time is not right.

The time is not right.

That was time.

That's the end of the quiz.

Finally, let's practice saying some sentences.

Here are some sentences containing words with the /m/ sound.

I will read these sentences twice, the first time slowly and the second time a little bit

faster.

Please repeat the sentences after me, so you can have a little bit of practice.

Here we go.

Most men make money in May.

Most men make money in May.

Sometimes the same team comes home with the medal.

Sometimes the same team comes home with the medal.

The rhythmic music makes the movie more dramatic.

The rhythmic music makes the movie more dramatic.

That's it.

That's the end of the video.

Thanks for watching and I hope that you'll watch my other videos as well.

Also, please subscribe if you want to know when I make new videos.

Thanks.

Bye.

For more infomation >> How to Pronounce /m/ as in me - American Accent - Duration: 22:53.

-------------------------------------------

Is Worth Read? Million-Dollar Throw - Duration: 1:12.

For more infomation >> Is Worth Read? Million-Dollar Throw - Duration: 1:12.

-------------------------------------------

Kia cee'd 1.6 GDi ComfortPlusLine Navigator | Airco | LMV - Duration: 1:02.

For more infomation >> Kia cee'd 1.6 GDi ComfortPlusLine Navigator | Airco | LMV - Duration: 1:02.

-------------------------------------------

Toyota Corolla Wagon 2.0 D4-D LINEA TERRA / AIRCO / EL. PAKKET / TREKHAAK / RADIO-CD - Duration: 0:54.

For more infomation >> Toyota Corolla Wagon 2.0 D4-D LINEA TERRA / AIRCO / EL. PAKKET / TREKHAAK / RADIO-CD - Duration: 0:54.

-------------------------------------------

[ Male French Cover ] MLP - Best friends until the end of time - Duration: 1:57.

Friendship used to embarass me a lot, a lot

And then everything changed suddenly, suddenly

And I don't need to talk anymore

Cause you know what's inside my mind

You are the spark that lives inside me

A race that never ends

The cream on my delicious funnel cakes

The hug from a warmy bear

Friends until the end of time

we will support ourselves

Without hiding anything

Because we know that everything we need

is to stay united to each other

I can't even imagine for a single moment

Not wanting to be with you all the time

Whatever problems will come

Our big friendship will always be the key

Your are the diamonds that bejewel my heart

The stars that make my fears go away

We already have everything, however

We all will go farther

Friends until the end of time

we will support ourselves

Without hiding anything

Because we know that everything we need

is to stay united to each other

For more infomation >> [ Male French Cover ] MLP - Best friends until the end of time - Duration: 1:57.

-------------------------------------------

YuGiOh - Sammlungsausbau - Originalverpackte / Sealed Retro Pack 2 Box - deutsch [HD] - Duration: 4:33.

For more infomation >> YuGiOh - Sammlungsausbau - Originalverpackte / Sealed Retro Pack 2 Box - deutsch [HD] - Duration: 4:33.

-------------------------------------------

Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

Hey guys, I'm Meneghetti

And this is Saturday Sub-30

This time I'm gonna show a 23.77 solve

That had an interesting execution

I managed to cancel some rotations twice

And I'll show it

That's something I try to do when I get the chance

But it heavily depends on my Think Ahead

Depends on how much I can see further on the solve

So I consider this to be kinda advanced

It's not always that I manage to make it

But this time it happened twice and I'll show it

My TPS was 5.8

81 STM

Memo sub-10 and execution sub-14

So, let's memorize the edges

EN, IV

MS, FR

JX, Q

It ends on Q, it had parity

So, now when I memorize the corners

I'm gonna swap UBL and UBR

Let's go... TU

XC

FN

See that I shot to N

Because I got the blue sticker

And the blue sticker

When it gets to this position

I know it stays in the N position

Only cuz of parity, otherwise it would be my buffer

And this corner is solved, so that's it

Let's execute it... TU

A pure commutator

XC I set up to XK with an R'

And XK I solve in 9, so 11 moves

OK? Now, FN

An F' setup

It becomes UN

10 moves

Moving on to the edges... EN

I changed this alg recently

I really like this new one I learned

I do an Rw'

Now we have an EM on the top

But my buffer went to the back

It becomes a nice case, 7 moves total

Pretty fast

Moving on... IV

I do an X rotation

Now, what I was saying about thinking ahead

I knew the next alg after IV would be MS

And both IV and MS have an X rotation

So, instead of doing X, execute IV

Undo, X', then X again

And solve MS

I kept the rotation

So, IV

MS

I guess this helped a lot

Now, the same thing happens in the next 2 algs

Which are FR and JX

In both of these I do a Z rotation

So, I kept the rotation again

So I wouldn't have to go back and forth

This was FR

And this was JX

Rotations cancelled

Now, for parity, I have an alg for this case

13 moves

This was my 23.77

See you in the next episode! Thanks

For more infomation >> Sábado Sub-30 - Episódio #16 (English subtitles) - Duration: 3:54.

-------------------------------------------

DRAWING on POST-IT Notes! - Duration: 14:38.

- [Steph] Hi art friends.

- [Adam] Hello friends.

- I just had to walk up a lot of hills.

- [Adam] We've walked very far.

- So we're gonna be drawing in the woods today.

- [Adam] Which is just over here.

- [Steph] Over here.

I need to catch my breath.

- [Adam] Have you recovered?

- Just about.

Things are starting to level out now.

- [Adam] We need to find a cute place to sit and draw.

- Yeah, cuz it's quite overgrown in here.

- [Adam] It's really pretty, though right.

- It's quite easy to get lost in here so we're gonna have...

- [Adam] It's like as big as the town

that we actually live in though.

- Yeah it is, it's huge.

Oh, we've got a cross ahead.

Do you wanna go left or right?

- [Adam] I'd say...

Left.

- Yeah, I'm drawn to that one as well.

- [Adam] Looks kinda evil over there.

- I wonder if we'll see a badger.

(laughing)

- [Adam] Badger's are nocturnal.

- Are you still filming me?

- [Adam] Yeah.

(laughing)

- That was a private conversation.

- [Adam] Are you struggling?

- I thought that was a person but it's just a big tree.

- [Adam] It's a pretty big person.

Well, we still haven't found anywhere to sit.

But isn't it pretty?

- Look how cute these are.

Are they pinecones?

- [Adam] I think so. It looks like...

Oh I think it's a pine tree that's fell down.

- Oh yeah. That's a big tree, that one.

Yikes, have you seen that?

It snapped off.

I wonder if it's sturdy enough to sit on?

- I think it would be, I think that's okay.

Do you want me to test it?

- [Steph] Is that sound the river,

or is it the wind?

- I think it's the wind.

- [Steph] It sounds like a river.

- I don't think there's a river in here.

But yeah, we could totally be here if you want?

- [Steph] Sit on here?

- It's perfectly safe.

- [Steph] I really want to try to find some

mushrooms to draw, but we might be walking for

10 years to try and find something particular in here.

Are you gonna sit on it then?

- Yeah, I think you're the nervous one.

But I think it's perfectly safe.

- [Steph] Do you reckon it can support two of us?

- This is a bit outrageous goes...

(crashing sound)

It's actually quite comfy.

- [Steph] Well, it's nice to sit down.

- Today, we're gonna try to draw some stuff using Post-Its.

- [Steph] Yeah.

- That's the plan.

Yay! - These.

And I brought the Pritt stick as well

if you remember that.

- Horray.

- [Steph] So we can stick em in our sketchbook.

- Oh my god, we'd have to go so far back

to get Pritt stick from here.

- [Steph] I know.

May I have my pencil case cuz I can't do anything with this.

(laughing)

- I'd be very impressed if you could

make a video just with those.

- [Steph] And my sketchbook too please.

- [Adam] So, you're gonna have to

walk me through this, cuz I don't actually

really know what I'm doing.

- Okay, what I'm planning on doing

is sticking a Post-It note in,

probably having a few of them.

- [Adam] Okay.

- Trying to just fill up the page with random little doodles

- [Adam] Oh so like a collage type thing?

- Yeah pretty much.

- [Adam] Oh cool.

I always think with trees like this one

it looks like someone's been trying to climb up them.

- [Steph] Yeah, it looks like a ladder.

- [Adam] I want to try climbing that tree.

But I'm too short.

Where are you goin?

- I wanted to try drawing one of those pinecone things.

- [Adam] Oh, just the one down here?

- [Steph] I'm using one of your pencils

that I'm not a fan of as well.

- [Adam] Hey.

Oh this thing.

Oh look, it's next to our old friend, the Stinging Nettle.

(laughing)

- [Steph] We'll avoid them.

- [Adam] But yeah, look at these guys.

Tiny little pinecones.

Aren't they cute?

- Ah you stood on it,

you're moving my reference.

(laughing)

- [Adam] Whoops.

- [Steph] Trying to do all those little

- [Adam] Yeah I'm getting the idea now.

I was kinda concerned when you wanted to take me

to the woods but you wouldn't tell me why.

- [Steph] I should have sharpened this pencil.

(laughing)

I bet you haven't brought a sharpener.

- [Adam] I haven't brought a sharpener,

but I have got a sharp pencil.

- Oh okay.

- [Adam] So I think we'll be okay.

- [Steph] I should have known

you of all people would have a sharp pencil.

- [Adam] You bet.

- [Steph] Every time something flies past I'm like ahh.

- [Adam] Well that's it yeah.

You have to remember though, this is their house.

- That's true.

- [Adam] I think there's a crow shouting at us somewhere.

He's like, "please, do you want me to draw you?"

- [Steph] He said "yeah"

(laughing)

- [Adam] It looks like I'm drawing a crow.

- He kindly requested it.

- [Adam] You can't even draw yourself.

Alright, I wanna draw some things.

- [Steph] Which colour Post-It note do you want?

- [Adam] I think what I might do,

is I'm gonna try and pick several, cover the page,

and maybe so a series of crows.

- Awwe. That's a cute idea.

- [Adam] That's the plan anyway.

Gonna see how that goes.

- [Steph] What are you, sorting out your sticky notes?

- Yeah.

This is kind of the plan.

I want to do them in lots of different squares.

- [Steph] That's very pop art of you.

It's a shame I forgot to bring the yellows ones

cuz you could've have like four different colours.

- [Adam] Oh, it's cool.

We'll make do with what we got.

There we go, maybe I'll stick with four.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit all the others.

See, that's what I'm gonna go with.

- [Steph] You can kinda hear all the little birds.

They're everywhere.

- [Adam] Weird isn't it.

You can hear em all but you can't see em.

- [Steph] Oh there's your crow friend.

Somewhere over there.

(laughing)

It just makes me laugh that most of the birds

are like cheep cheep, toot toot, tweet tweet.

- [Adam] And he's like arrgh!

- [Steph] Arrgh! I can sing too, arrgh!

(laughing)

- [Adam] This is the first one.

- [Steph] You gave him an angry eyebrow.

- [Adam] Yeah. He's like Arrgh!

- [Steph] Oh, that tree is really interesting.

Can you see how it's gone, like, curvy?

- [Adam] Oh wow, yeah, I bet that's the wind.

- [Steph] I like that tree.

I wanna try and draw it.

- [Adam] How's that curvy tree going?

- [Steph] Yeah, there's so many branches everywhere,

it's kinda hard to...

- [Adam] Yeah it's kind of, kinda out there.

- [Steph] Yeah, it just gotta

copy those

curvy branches.

Or at least stylize them.

In my own kind of way.

- [Adam] It's such a cool park,

I think this is probably one of my most favourite

places we've been on a doodle-date.

I'd have gone further but I'm scared of getting lost.

- [Steph] Yeah, it was difficult to get to,

especially with my hips,

but we managed,

somehow anyway.

- [Adam] It feels so rewarding

cuz we're surrounded by such good nature and angry crows.

- You should show them the angry bird you've been drawing.

- [Adam] I'm keeping that a surprise.

- Oh is that a surprise bird?

- [Adam] I'm gonna finish that one,

then you guys can take a look.

But anyways, we're very fortunate now,

and you guy watch us from all over the world.

Do you guys have anything like this where you are?

- [Steph] I'm getting lost in it,

there's so many shapes going on in this.

- [Adam] Just in that one tree alone.

It looks kinda abstract though. I kind of like how it looks.

- [Steph] And obviously, since I don't have a surface

to draw on, it's coming out a little bit wobbly but...

- [Adam] Yeah guys, there's one thing that we've

noticed with doing so many out-doorsy ones again.

Especially in places like this.

It's really, just doing the whole video stood up.

- Yeah cuz it's not really.

Well we've kinda got a tree-bench.

- [Adam] Steph's not a fan of sitting on a tree though.

I think it's pretty cosy but Steph not too into it.

- I have a feeling I'll just go sliding down the hill.

- [Adam] Yeah that'd make great content though.

- It probably would.

- [Adam] Certainly, give me a push.

(laughing)

Guys, check out that tree over there.

It totally looks like a seat.

Ah, if I could climb up there and sit on there

I'd get such a good view.

What are you doing?

- I'm knocking over your sketches.

- [Adam] Don't you mess with my make-shift table.

- I don't want to knock it into a nettle or something.

- [Adam] You got it?

- [Female] Yup, that's your pencil again.

- [Adam] Horray.

- [Steph] Very carefully balanced.

- [Adam] What are you gonna draw next then?

- I wanted to try to do

because if you can see all of these little shooty plants

- [Adam] Oh like all these little shoots?

- [Steph] Yeah. Cuz I kinda got a close up

of some of those acorn things.

I got some weird abstract trees.

Now I wanna try and do some of these...

- [Adam] You've gone really nature-y,

while I've just picked a character, an animal, a bird.

- I can never help myself cuz every time

I come into nature I end up finding different references

to what I find on Google Images, for example.

And then it's really exciting cuz I'm like

oh I want to capture this

and I wanna learn how to do this and...

- [Adam] We're stood on a lot of Christmas trees.

(laughing)

- [Steph] I wonder if it would be good to come

in here in Christmas?

That's it, everything would be dead.

And it would probably be very cold.

- [Adam] Ah it'd be awesome if it snows,

guys if it snows this year we are

definitely coming back in here.

- [Steph] It never snows here.

- [Adam] I can dream.

- Adam's been saying that since we've been together.

- [Adam] I said oh I'll take you to the forest

when it snows, and it never snows!

- [Steph] We could always go back to the ice skating rink.

- [Adam] And pretend it snowed?

- Yeah.

- [Adam] That's romantic.

- [Steph] Aw, these birdies.

- [Adam] You're liking them?

- [Steph] Yeah, you're definitely getting better

at drawing birds.

- The tree just cracked and it freaked Steph out.

- [Steph] I know it just made a weird sound,

like it was gonna fall on us.

- Then you were like, uhhh.

- [Steph] Is that what's gonna happen?

- Well if it is, it was nice doing doodle-date with ya.

(laughing)

I don't think we're gonna survive that thing falling on us.

- [Steph] Here's a little leafy bit I've been doodling.

- [Adam] Nettles.

- [Steph] I want to try and draw that weird log thing.

- [Adam] The log here?

- [Steph] Yeah, the fallen tree.

Cuz it's got so many texture and patterns and stuff in it.

It will probably look weird but.

Now I'm trying to capture this

- [Adam] Trying to capture the essence of dead wood.

- [Steph] Yeah, basically.

- [Adam] It does look cool though.

I mean, check out all the,

I think that one might have termites in or something too.

That's really cool. - really?

What have you got going so far?

- [Steph] Trying to get some of those

weird little spiky textures that are in it.

And then it has a weird...

If people see this drawing with no context

they'll be like what on Earth is that?

But you guys know.

(laughing)

- [Adam] You're with us. You're with us

for the journey, you know this stuff.

- That's all that matters.

- [Adam] We appreciate you guys.

We hope you're enjoying obviously this

week of a video everyday.

- [Steph] Yeah, these are the kind of drawings

where I'm sort of like, ah it's not really polished enough

to put on Instagram or anything.

But because we're in the moment it's nice to...

- [Adam] Yeah, we would be doing this

outside of YouTube anyway. So it's nice to...

- We did used to do stuff like this outside though

- [Adam] It's nice just to take you along

with what we'd be doing anyway.

- Yeah.

- [Adam] We hope you're enjoying it.

- Especially when the weather's a bit nicer.

Cuz people have been asking this week,

because the weather hasn't looked so great

to some people from different countries,

is this classed as "good weather".

And yes it definitely is.

This is the best weather we've had for

months and months and months.

- [Adam] If we get any sunshine

it's classed as a good day.

- [Steph] That's why during winter

we get so very few outdoor videos

cuz it can be expensive to draw in cafes,

and there's copyrighted music,

and there's a lot of things working against you.

Whereas, in the outdoors, it tends to just be free.

And we can just come out whenever we want to.

- [Adam] And make crow friends.

And here we see the wild Steph.

Drawing in her natural habitat.

We must be careful not to approach the Steph,

as we may startle her.

What does she seem to be drawing?

Ah yes, work life.

What a magnificent creature.

She truly is.

Oh no! She's spotted us!

(laughing)

- What are you doing?

- [Steph] I feel like doing this is making me

more confident in pressing down harder with a pencil.

Cuz a lot of my sketches, I really roughly sketch them out,

with the intent of going over them with ink

later and tidying them up.

But because I don't really have the option

when I'm stood up to just keep switching

between pens and erasers and stuff,

I'm not erasing anything, just going straight in.

It's kinda cool, it's sorta forcing me

to commit to shapes.

- [Adam] It's making you more confident with your

designs and shapes and stuff.

- [Steph] Yeah, cuz I'm pretty confident with ink, I'd say.

But I'm not confident with pencils.

- [Adam] Ah, pencil is fun.

It's a love story.

He was alone and angry.

But then he met a worm and fell in love.

- [Steph] Trust you to manage to make a comic out of it.

(laughing)

- He was like oh I'm happy now.

- [Adam] And I've never really noticed before guys,

but can you see the trees moving in the wind?

They're just swaying around.

- [Steph] I know, it makes you feel dizzy

when you watch them.

- [Adam] That guy is having a great time.

And this one over here.

- [Steph] Woah. That tree looked like it

was about to fall on me.

- [Adam] Look how wavy they are.

They're like, hello, I'm a tree.

I'm really pleased to meet you.

I do love a friendly tree.

- [Steph] So, just jamming this full of doodles.

- [Adam] I love tree-man.

(laughing)

- [Steph] It's so ugly.

- [Adam] It looks like he's got

a widow's peak and a beard.

To me it does, anyway.

- [Steph] Can you guys see a face in that?

- [Adam] Yeah, we'll do a poll.

Poll time guys, do you see the face?

- [Steph] Stop concentrating on it.

- [Adam] I can totally see it.

I'm so glad we came here and did tree-man.

- [Steph] I'm drawing a leaf with this wiggly pattern on,

and can you see in there...

- [Adam] Oh yeah, let me show you,

it's right in there. That thing.

- [Steph] Yeah, I'm sure I've read about it.

It's some kind of insect.

- [Adam] Is it like a trail?

Like a snail trail or something?

- [Steph] No I think it's an insect that actually

eats some of the pigment or something.

- [Adam] Oh wow. So it's like a Marcellin bug.

It just sucks all the colour out of it.

That's cool.

- Except it likes the colour green by the looks of it.

Someone has to.

- [Adam] Can it come and suck the colour of sap green for us?

- Look how flat that pencil's gone.

- [Adam] I'm sorry I didn't bring a sharpener.

- Subscribe if you want to see more art videos.

- [Adam] Yeah subscribe if you want is to go into the woods.

- We still have one more left, I think, of this challenge.

And I'll link a playlist of all the others

in case you haven't seen,

cuz we've been posting daily this week.

- [Adam] Yeah, tune in tomorrow guys

for the final video of the week.

- Doodle-date! - [Adam] Doodle-date!

- Bye. - [Adam] Bye guys.

For more infomation >> DRAWING on POST-IT Notes! - Duration: 14:38.

-------------------------------------------

Does Fallout's WASTELAND setting help or hurt it? – The ART! - Duration: 9:40.

There is beauty in the wasteland.

Not in it's craftsmanship,

per say, but in it's history.

The fictitious events that shaped

the world.

The thought that went into the styles of the time.

That is what's so interesting about the look of Fallout.

Unfortunately, all of this gets overshadowed by the

destruction.

The wasteland is just that, a wasteland.

It can be boring.

Devoid of life.

And like, that's the point, but is

that a good setting for an exploratory video game?

That's why it's so important that Fallout 4 is set in such a busy city

like Boston.

Any splashes of life and character help.

It should be refreshing when you finally see something

besides rocks and dead trees.

If the designers didn't focus

on the small details, like the mid-century set dressing, then

this world would have no character.

It would just be barren emptiness.

They make a conscious effort NOT to put any green plant-

life in the wasteland either.

Anything that was once alive

would have been eradicated during the nuclear holocaust.

That includes plant life.

But this greatly reduces the color

pallet, something they were hoping to improve on since

Fallout 3, which is just a muddy, gray blob.

We can also look at an apocalyptic game like The Last of Us which

handles it's weathering quite a bit differently.

Look at how much green plant life there is.

The theme was way different here.

Nature is reclaiming the land.

But man is it gorgeous

to look at.

It's refreshing and I know the wasteland is

supposed to be dreary and it does a good job of that.

It's more of an unfortunate setting.

The game also does do a

good job of not being as brown as say, Skyrim.

Fallout 4

works with what it can to provide color variations painting

buildings, cars and other objects in bright greens, reds,

blues, or yellows.

Colors you wont normally see in nature,

providing a very pleasing contrast.

This is where the worlds

design history becomes so important.

It's the only splash of

life we have left to hold onto.

I guess there's a metaphor in

there somewhere.

Hey I'm an artist not a writer.

Somebody else can figure that out.

The most interesting part of Fallout's design is the 1950s

influence.

1950s design is known for being clean,

optimistic, a window to perfection.

It's a very interesting

juxtaposition against the horrid, miserable wasteland, which

is the ACTUAL setting for the series.

Now, a lazy artist would just paint a skyline that looks cool

and be done with it.

It's easy to paint wreckage after all.

You just scribble around a bunch, right?

Well... with that

mentality you certainly wont be getting hired by Bethesda

any time soon.

They started with sketches by Adam

Adamowicz.

He made some of the fantastic imagery you

see in Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

Unfortunately, in 2012 Adam lost his battle with lung cancer at age 43.

At a loss without their friend, and main concept artist, they

cracked open his sketchbook from Fallout 3 to get some

inspiration for how this wasteland should look.

These sketches are very rough on purpose.

It's SUPPOSED to look like a wreck.

But the goal here is just to get as many

ideas out on paper as possible.

Shape, contrast and line

weight are most important.

Line weight can be used to

show depth and gravity.

You're only working with black and

white, so any sort of variation helps.

After asking "what

would Adam do?"

And getting majorly inspired, the Fallout 4

team got to work on creating a new world, starting from the

very base layer and working their way up to the rundown

wasteland we know.

They took details from a lot of great

design influences that, frankly, get lost in all the wreckage.

They could have just started in the setting that Fallout 4

takes place in, but Bethesda has higher standards than that.

The artists more or less built out the entire worlds

history.

You see, Fallout's world is built around a lot of

perimeters, which could make concepting a challenge.

It has to be 1950s retro, but futuristic. Pulpy, but decayed.

This world has our history, with a ton of different American

design influences, but the timeline diverged in the 1950s

where the design philosophy sort of froze, but technological

progression didn't.

There was a heavy focus on nuclear

power.

To dictate this, the concept artists drew a ton of

inspiration from Atomic Age design.

There is very little

evidence of this perfect future before it gets all dystopian on us.

The artists took the time to draw out a completely

progressive Boston consisting of buildings that were built

AFTER the Fallout series's timeline diverged from our own.

The primitive buildings of Boston's past would have been

dwarfed by the new architecture.

This is an optimistic future.

It's bright colors contrast well with the old gray

concrete and steel of the past.

Now, take this optimistic

future, and rip it all down.

Ruin it.

Pretend a bomb went off

in it.

Cause it did.

And we're still not done.

Take that, and

age it 210 years.

After the nuclear holocaust of 2077, we start to see a new

design aesthetic.

Now we start to see the Boston we know from Fallout 4.

Now technological progression gets

pushed back.

Everything is very primitive.

Even though we

have all of that beautiful design work, all that alternate

history, it has to be more or less ruined for the narrative of

the game.

All of that history went from being prominent

design influences, to subtle.

Did you see all the cultural shifts?

There's a lot of alternate

history here, and all of that history should dictate the

aesthetic.

So with all of that in mind, imagine building this

world.

Imagine your job is to rebuild the Boston skyline

based on these perimeters.

You have to ask yourself a ton of questions.

Which design

era should we be replicating?

Is it 1950s design?

Is it

futuristic?

Is it decayed enough?

It depends on what the

area calls for.

The institute is one of the only places with a

clean futuristic look.

You can see the atomic age design

influence in the computers and the rounded shapes of the

medical equipment.

It's stark contrast from the rest of the

game makes it really stand out.

But most places need to

have a little bit of grit to them.

They need to be aged 210

years.

Does this mean the concept artists drew two

versions of every single piece just to show how it was

weathered?

Not necessarily, but they DID do this for some

areas.

While it's important to get a feel for the history,

concept artists don't typically have a lot of time.

Drawing a

whole set twice would be very time consuming.

Painting a

few set pieces taking place prior to 2077 was enough.

However, a LOT of the set dressing WAS designed with

both time periods in mind.

First drawn pristine, with some

color variations, then weathered.

The weathering process is

actually quite fun.

Most of these objects are painted metal,

so besides the cracks, dust and scratches, there's usually a

lot of rust.

This could all be painted in by hand, but there's

other techniques at work too.

There are Photoshop brushes

that apply a rust effect, or even random scratches.

There's

also decals you can get; Transparent PNGs that you can

just paste onto a piece.

It helps to paint around the effect

though to blend it in as best you can.

We need a word for this stuff.

The act of designing based

on the history of the world.

DESIGNING SEQUENCIALLY.

Perhaps the BEST example of designing sequentially is the

fashion and the character design.

They did it to the MAIL

MAN.

They EVEN weather'd this guys FACE.

Some of these guys went through a TON of design iteration.

The 1950s influenced design is obvious.

Take what's there, and

make something new out of it.

Put some holes in it.

Not only does it have to look like it's been through hell, but it

has to look VERY DIY.

Like it was put together to serve a

function, or to show that it's all they could find, similar to the

scavenging we see in the weapons, items and enemies.

But we can spend a whole 'nother episode on THAT...

History, color and architecture are what add life to the

otherwise dead and baron landscape.

There are a lot of

rules and limitations that make concepting this world very

difficult.

Even as a wasteland, it still has to be interesting.

But what do you guys think?

Did they do a good job?

Is it interesting enough?

Is there anything you'd like to have

seen done differently?

Leave it in the comments below and

if you like this video make sure you absolutely ruin that like button.

You get it?

Like... they ruined this game?

Not in a bad way like, they weathered it... cause like... nuke... ok

forget it.

Thank you all for being here and for supporting us on our

Patreon.

You guys are what make these videos possible

and don't forget you can see these videos early at just the

$3 level and provide feedback at just the $5 level.

Talk to us.

Be a part of that community.

You could also talk to me

on Twitter @BobWulff and tell me any suggestions you

have for this show.

Anything you want to see let me know

and I will do it.

Thanks for watching guys.

I'll see you in another video.

Have a good week.

For more infomation >> Does Fallout's WASTELAND setting help or hurt it? – The ART! - Duration: 9:40.

-------------------------------------------

Arais meat dough (hawawshi) Afnan Kitchen - Duration: 5:03.

For more infomation >> Arais meat dough (hawawshi) Afnan Kitchen - Duration: 5:03.

-------------------------------------------

RAP of the Best YouTubers | English Black Friday - ATIVE A LEGENDA! - Duration: 4:02.

Yo, what's up guys! That's your boy Dawg

from English Black Friday, so you know

I'm here working on my song called RAP

of the Best YouTubers and you know the

deal, right? I mean, it's kind of

complicated because you have to have the

beat and this time I'm using this beat

by Meek Mill. It's called Monsters and well

the song I, you know, I've been

thinking about a lot you know like to

put it on my Youtube Channel you know English

Black Friday I know we've been kind of

stuck for a while it's just because you

know I got a lot of things to do and you

know a lot of classes to teach and all

that but this time I'm coming up with it

and I hope you guys like it and well

this is just a making-of so I hope you

guys enjoy what I'm doing so if I make a

mistake you know it's part of the job

but hopefully I'm gonna have enough

money to hit the studio put that into

you know look really fine tune and we're

gonna work on that and videos might be

coming up your way I so enjoy it. And it

goes like this! Hey yo! Hey yo! that's your

boy Dawg this is English Black Friday I'm

the moster and I'm coming your way

and this time I'm coming with my crew

bringing the best for you. It goes

like this. EBF is Black Friday on YouTube

Hanging with Carina, Gavin Roy, and Ice Cube

Alison Medina bringing all the information

I'm impressed with these people's dedication

Ira Loiola been bloggin' like a pro

If y'all wanna learn somn ya'd better take note

Isabele Pires coming up wit' mo' for you

Inamara Arruda will never let you feel blue

Elen Fernandes stay tuned in brogue land

I've learned from Ingles Winner, Paulo Barros is the man.

Rachel's English workin' hard on yo' pronunciation

But don't forget the swag, ya gotta work on intonation

Denilso de Lima is on the tip of my tongue

But ya know I gotta scream at the top of my lung

English in Brazil is the best you'll ever see

It's by Carina Fragozo sippin' on'er herb tea.

Hardworking is my first name brother is my last

If ya wanna rap, bruh, ya gotta think fast

Vocabulary, slang, rhymes, and intonation

Put'em into practice through a gnarly conversation

ARE YOU READY, N-WORD?

I said, are you ready,?

This is my recommendation.

I highly recommend these channels on YouTube

This is what I been listening to, watching, and learning from

Check me out! They rep on YouTube!

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

English in Brazil be...

I'mona try one more time I told ya that

This is just the practice!

Alright! Check me out!

English in Brazil by Carina Fragozo

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

English in Brazil be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast.

Aight! English in Brazil. That's the first recommendation!

The second recommendation, comin' your way right now!

Listen to the beat and sing to the tune

This is the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

Small Advantages be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast, c'mon!

Small Advantages by Gavin Roy

But I still got another one. This guy is my

inspiration. It goes like this!

This the rap of the best YouTubers

Teaching and learning while I eat my goobers

Fluency MC be hangin' wit da best

Get rid of trash talk, bruh ya gotta think fast.

C'MON!

That's what I'm talkin' about, y'all!

I hope you enjoy it! See you guys later!

No comments:

Post a Comment