Sunday, May 27, 2018

Youtube daily report May 27 2018

Disabled Yemeni Child, Cited in Supreme Court Review of Travel Ban, Gains Entry to U.S.

A disabled Yemeni girl whose exclusion from the U.S.

was questioned by Supreme Court justices reviewing the Trump administration's travel ban is expected to arrive in New York Saturday for resettlement.

After denying her application in January, the U.S.

Embassy in Djibouti reversed course and issued visas Wednesday allowing 10-year-old Shaema Alomari and her family to immigrate to the U.S., her father, Nageeb Alomari, said in a telephone interview.

Shaema was born with cerebral palsy, a disorder that leaves her unable to walk, talk or feed herself, Mr Alomari said.

"When she is in pain, she just cries and can't tell what is wrong with her," he said.

"She cannot take care of herself.

Her mother cleans her, changes her clothes and does all things Shaema needs.

I help my wife as much as I can," said Mr Alomari, who is a naturalized U.S.

citizen.

Another of his three daughters also holds U.S.

citizenship, while his wife, Asma, and other two children do not.

The travel ban, signed by President Donald Trump in September after courts blocked two previous versions, currently bars entry by citizens of five Muslim-majority nations—Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen—as well as North Koreans and some individuals associated with the government of Venezuela.

The Justice Department has said the ban is necessary because the affected governments have been unable to provide U.S.

authorities with adequate information about their nationals who may present security risks.

Challenges to the ban, led by the state of Hawaii and now being heard in the Supreme Court, contend it is based on religious prejudice, tracing back to Mr Trump's campaign pledge to effect "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.

Lower courts largely have agreed that the ban lacks adequate justification and violates immigration laws prohibiting discrimination based on nationality in issuing visas.

In defending the ban, the Justice Department has noted it provides exceptions for individuals with compelling reasons to enter the U.

, among them "an infant, a young child or adoptee [or] an individual needing urgent medical care.

At oral arguments before the Supreme Court in April, several justices suggested their view of the ban could hinge on whether the waiver provisions were faithfully implemented.

They focused on Shaema's case, which had been highlighted in a friend-of-the-court brief filed in March, where she was identified as "S.".

"How do you deal with the example that was brought up of the child with cerebral palsy?" Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg asked the administration's lawyer, Solicitor General Noel Francisco.

"Your Honor, the waiver is built to address those issues.

I am not familiar enough with the details of that case to tell you what happened in that particular case," Mr Francisco said.

A State Department spokesman declined to comment on Shaema's case, saying that privacy laws preclude discussing specific visa applications.

The spokesman referred to a department report indicating that as of May 15, "at least 655 applicants were cleared for waivers after a consular officer determined the applicants satisfied all criteria and completed all required processing.

The number of Yemeni applicants whose waivers were approved appears to have increased following the Supreme Court arguments, said Mosheer Fittahey, a translator and immigration consultant in Schenectady, N.Y., who is working with Mr Alomari and other Yemenis.

Himself a Yemeni immigrant, Mr Fittahey said that like Mr Alomari, many of those applicants previously had been denied without explanation or opportunity to appeal.

Mr Alomari, along with Mr Fittahey and lawyers who prepared the Supreme Court brief, described a long struggle with an opaque immigration bureaucracy to relocate his family from the inland Yemeni city of Ibb to the U.

, where prospects for Shaema were better.

Mr Alomari, 39, says his own education reached only primary school in Ibb, where documents list his occupation as laborer.

He first visited the U.S., where he has relatives, in the 1990s and has lived in California and Alabama, working restaurant and gas station jobs, according to immigration documents and people familiar with his case.

He periodically returned to Yemen and in 2000 was married there and planned to start a family.

He and his wife "kept waiting for a child and prayed to God that He gives me a child," Mr Alomari said, but to no avail.

"I visited many hospitals in Ibb and Sana'a, but all went in vain.

Therefore, I felt disappointed and got depressed.

Later, my wife and I decided to travel to Egypt hoping that I receive better treatment to help me get a child," he said.

"Doctors there decided that I should have varicocele surgery," a procedure to address male infertility.

"The operation was a big success and I got my child, Shaema," he said.

"Although I have two more daughters, Shaema is our first and last love.".

Caring for her, however, has been a major focus for the family.

"Shaema cannot study and cannot move," Mr Alomari said.

"We don't feel like we deal with a 10-year-old girl, her brain is like a baby brain.

She is just like a baby, she eats like a baby.".

Mr Alomari was granted U.S.

citizenship in 2010 and began to consider moving his family to America.

Shaema had been receiving treatment in Sana'a, the Yemeni capital, but Mr Alomari said things became increasingly difficult.

"Many doctors fled the country and there is a shortage of medicine," he said.The family learned Shaema needed surgery on one of her legs.

"We cannot do it in Yemen, and I was hoping I can do it in the U.S.," Mr Alomari said.

After filing immigration paperwork, the Alomaris waited years for a visa-interview appointment with U.S.

consular officers, which was scheduled for January 2018.

While they were waiting, Mr Trump was elected president and, within days of taking office in January 2017, began the contested effort to ban entry from Yemen and some other Muslim-majority countries.

Nevertheless, Mr Fittahey, who had been advising Mr Alomari, said he was certain Sahema's waiver would be granted.

After the January interview, however, a consular officer denied the application.

Mr Alomari received a form letter, where a box was checked by the line, "Taking into account the provisions of the Proclamation, a waiver will not be granted in your case.".

"Today's decision cannot be appealed," it added.

A place where authorities could indicate that the case remained under review wasn't marked.

A day before the Supreme Court arguments, an American vice consul in Djibouti sent an email to Mr Alomari saying that after the January interview, "I determined the very same day that your family's case clearly met the standard of hardship and necessity specified.

and I therefore recommended your family for a waiver.

"However, I could not inform you of this at the time of the interview because under department rules, the waiver still required review from my supervisor.

The waiver was approved," the email stated, and the visas would come after further processing.

The vice consul didn't explain why there was no check by the line on the form letter indicating that the review remained under way.

Mr Alomari, who is expected to arrive with his family at John F.

Kennedy International Airport Saturday afternoon, had his own explanation for the government's about-face on his family's application.

"Thanks to the Supreme Court that mentioned Shaema and helped me get the waiver," he said.

For more infomation >> Disabled Yemeni Child, Cited in Supreme Court Review of Travel Ban, Gains Entry to U.S. - Duration: 11:48.

-------------------------------------------

Fiat Ducato 35H 2.3 MULTIJET L3H1 Laadklep!! Climate/Nav/cruise - Duration: 0:56.

For more infomation >> Fiat Ducato 35H 2.3 MULTIJET L3H1 Laadklep!! Climate/Nav/cruise - Duration: 0:56.

-------------------------------------------

Most Anticipated YA Book Releases | June-December 2018 - Duration: 9:35.

Hi everyone, it's Sandy and in today's video, I'm going to be talking about my

most anticipated YA book releases for the second half of the year, so the books

that I'm excited about that are coming out between the months of June to

December of 2018. I'm going to cheat a little and include one book that's

coming out in May because I thought it was originally coming out in June so I

didn't mention it in my first anticipated releases video for the first

half of the year. That book is From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon and

this book is coming out May 22nd. I originally thought it was coming out

like June 5th but I guess I was wrong. This is the second book written by the

author of When Dimple Met Rishi and I'm really excited about this one because it

follows Twinkle, who is an aspiring filmmaker. She has the opportunity to

direct a movie for a summer festival and a really cool thing about this book is

that it's told through letters written to Twinkle's favorite female directors. The

next book that I'm anticipating is Save the Date by Morgan Matson. This book is

coming out June 5th and it follows Charlie, whose older sister is getting

married and it takes place over the course of three days and there's a lot of

problems and disasters that are leading up to the wedding. It has been quite a

long time since Morgan Matson published a book and I'm super excited for this

new one that's coming out soon. I think Morgan Matson is like one of the queens

of summer contemporary books and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun reading

this. My next most anticipated release is A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir.

This is the third book in An Ember in the Ashes series. I believe there's going to

be a total of four books and this third one is coming out June 12.

I don't reread books a lot but I think I really need to do a reread before I jump

into the third one because the second book came out almost two years ago so

it's been quite a long time since I've been back in the Ember in the Ashes

world. Another anticipated release is A Thousand Beginnings and Endings and this

book is edited by Ellen Oh and Elsie Chapman. This book is actually a

collection of short stories written by a variety of Asian American authors and

all of these short stories revolve around East and South Asian folklore and

mythology and it just sounds amazing This one is coming out June 26. I'm also

looking forward to reading Contagion by Erin Bowman. This one is coming out July

24th and it is a YA sci-fi book. This book is about a crew who is

dispatched to a distant planet to perform a standard search and rescue

mission but when they arrive on this planet, they find an abandoned site full

of dead bodies. So throughout this book, they're basically trying to figure out

what happened and what's going on. I don't read a lot of sci-fi books but

this one sounds really interesting and I really want to know what happens. The

next book is The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas. This one is coming out July 31st.

The synopsis of this book is pretty vague but it seems to revolve around

cheerleaders in this town. Five years ago, two of these cheerleaders were in a car

accident and they both ended up passing away. And then there were two other

cheerleaders who were killed by a man next door and then the last cheerleader

is the main character's sister, who actually committed suicide. So there is

death revolving around these cheerleaders and the cheerleaders are

suddenly relevant again. I don't really know what that means but I read Little

Monsters, which is a book written by the same author, and I really enjoyed that

and I really enjoy mystery books, so this was one that I wanted to add to my TBR.

The next book is The Darkest Legacy by Alexandra Bracken. On Goodreads, it's

labeled as the fourth book in The Darkest Minds trilogy but it's more of a

companion novel because it takes place five years after the end of the trilogy,

and it follows Zu, who is one of the side characters throughout the trilogy and I

really loved her character and with the movie coming out, I'm even more excited

to read this book and I love the cover. This one is coming out July 31st. The

next book that I'm looking forward to is Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson. This

book is coming out August 7th and it follows a leader of an outlaw dynasty

and a thief. The synopsis again is also pretty vague so I don't really know what

is going to happen between these two but I'm assuming they're gonna fall in love

or something. I really enjoyed Mary E. Pearson's The Remnant Chronicles and I

believe this book is set in the Remnant Chronicles world so that sounds awesome

and I can't wait to read it. The next book is Our Stories, Our Voices, which is

an anthology edited by Amy Reed. Amy Reed is the author of The Nowhere Girls, which

is one of my favorites of 2018. This is a collection of 21 essays written by 21

different YA authors. A few of the authors include Sandhya Menon, Julie

Murphy, Maurene Goo, Nina Lacour, and Sona Charaipotra,

and it explores the diverse experiences of injustice, empowerment, and

growing up female in America. It sounds incredible. I can't wait to

read it. I'm also looking forward to reading (Don't) Call Me Crazy which is

another anthology edited by Kelly Jensen. There are voices from 33 different

people including Adam Silvera, Libba Bray, Victoria Schwab, Emery Lord,

Meredith Russo, and so much more. It's told through essays, artwork, poetry, and

other things that revolve around the topic of mental health. This anthology

comes out October 2nd. The next book that I'm anticipating is What If It's Us by

Adam Silvera and Becky Albertalli. This book is coming out October 9th and I

love Adam Silvera's books. I love Becky Albertalli's books, so having

one written by the both of them is amazing. This book follows Arthur who is living

in New York City for the summer and one day, Arthur meets Ben, who has just

recently broken up with his boyfriend, and they met at a post office and I

believe that is the beginning of some sort of romance. I am really looking

forward to reading this one. Another book that I'm looking forward to is Odd One

Out by Nic Stone. I read her debut novel Dear Martin in March and I thought it

was incredible, so I'm looking forward to reading a new book she's publishing. The

synopsis is very vague on Goodreads but it shows the description of three different

characters so I'm assuming that these are the characters that the story is

going to follow. This one is coming out October 9th. The next book is Kingdom of

Ash by Sarah J. Maas. This is the seventh and final book in the Throne of Glass

series. I'm not as connected with Sarah J Mass's books anymore but I have started

the Throne of Glass series since the second book was out. To be honest, I still

need to read Tower of Dawn but I'm hoping to get to it sometime this summer but

since this is the last book in the series, I'm really interested in seeing

how Sarah J. Maas is going to wrap up the story, and this book is coming out

October 23rd. The next book that I'm looking forward to reading is Little

White Lies by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This book is coming out November 6 and

Jennifer Lynn Barnes is the author of The Naturals series and The Fixer and I

love both of those series. I think she does a great job at writing mystery

books and this is another mystery/ thriller book. This book follows

eighteen-year-old Sawyer who is an auto mechanic.

She is approached by her estranged grandmother with a six-figure contract

to participate in this debutante season and I don't really know what that means

but the synopsis says that she does accept the offer and she immerses

herself in her grandmother's society. The society is in quotes so is it some

sort of secret society thing? I don't know. I'm just going to resort to reading

a little bit of the synopsis on Goodreads just because I feel like I

can't properly explain what this book is about. "As Sawyer is drawn into the group

of debutantes with scandalous dangerous secrets of their own, Sawyer quickly

discovers that her family isn't the only mainstay of high society with skeletons

in their closet. There are people in her grandmother's glittering world who are not

what they appear and no one wants Sawyer poking her nose into the past. As she

navigates the twisted relationships between her new friends and their

powerful parents, Sawyer's search for the truth about her own origins is just the

beginning." To be honest, I don't know if the synopsis intrigues me enough but

since it is written by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, I know that I am going to read it

anyways, and hopefully, I really enjoy it. Another book that I can't wait to come

out is Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan and this book is coming

out November 6. I read an article of this book that briefly describes it as a YA

fantasy about two concubines of a demon king that fall in love and plot their

escape. This book does involve Asian mythology and it's based off of the

author's own experience growing up in Malaysia. It sounds really great and in

the synopsis on Goodreads, there is a trigger warning for violence and sexual

abuse, so please be aware of that before picking it up. I also can't wait to read

Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao. This is the second book in Forest

of a Thousand Lanterns, which came out the year previously. The first book is an

East Asian reimagining of the Evil Queen and this second book follows Snow White.

I really enjoyed the first book and I can't wait to see where the story goes.

This book is also coming out November 6. The second to last anticipated release

is Archenemies by Marissa Meyer. This is the second book in the Renegades trilogy.

I can't wait to read this one because I read Renegades in April and I loved it. I

didn't expect to love it as much as I did. Renegade has to do with superheroes

and villains and the line between good and bad blurs. If you're interested in

reading superhero books I highly recommend reading Renegades. This book is

also coming out November 6. And the very last book that I have on my list for

anticipated releases is Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare. This is the

third and final book in The Dark Artifices trilogy.

After the ending of the second book, I have been waiting for this to

come out and originally, we were going to have like a two-year wait because

Cassandra Clare is writing another Shadowhunter series and the first book

in that series was supposed to come out before this third book but then things

got switched around so the third book is actually coming out earlier than

expected and I'm really excited because I love The Dark Artifices.

I love the Blackthorn family and I just really need to be back in the

Shadowhunter world. This book is coming out December 4th and it's probably my

number one most anticipated release for the second half of the year. Those are

all of my most anticipated YA book releases for the second half of the year.

Thank you so much for watching. I hoped you enjoyed it and I will see you next

time. Bye!

For more infomation >> Most Anticipated YA Book Releases | June-December 2018 - Duration: 9:35.

-------------------------------------------

Nissan Pixo 1.0 Look AIRCO / LMC / PARROT / 66.262km - Duration: 1:10.

For more infomation >> Nissan Pixo 1.0 Look AIRCO / LMC / PARROT / 66.262km - Duration: 1:10.

-------------------------------------------

J.Efe - God`s Plan (Spanish ReMake) - Duration: 2:55.

For more infomation >> J.Efe - God`s Plan (Spanish ReMake) - Duration: 2:55.

-------------------------------------------

Arabic Nasheid with english translation - Duration: 4:55.

Thank You my Lord, thank You

You guided my heart, thank You

You illustrated my path, thank You

Thank You my Lord

Thank You my Lord, thanks

You guided my heart, thank You

You illustrated my path, thank You

Thank You Lord

O You who raveled down the Quran

O You who created the mankind

O my Lord, You are the Most Merciful.

Thank You Lord

O You who raveled down the Quran

O You who created the mankind

O my Lord, You are the Most Merciful.

Thank you Lord

You guided my heart, thank You

You illustrated my path, thank You

Thank You Lord

Thank you Lord, thank You

You guided my heart, thank You

You illustrated my path, thank You

Thank You Lord

For more infomation >> Arabic Nasheid with english translation - Duration: 4:55.

-------------------------------------------

Volvo V40 2.0 D4 140kW/190pk 6-bak R-DESIGN BUSINESS 14% Bijtelling CLIMA + ADAPTIVE CRUISE + LANE A - Duration: 0:55.

For more infomation >> Volvo V40 2.0 D4 140kW/190pk 6-bak R-DESIGN BUSINESS 14% Bijtelling CLIMA + ADAPTIVE CRUISE + LANE A - Duration: 0:55.

-------------------------------------------

"Chceme se vzít", říká muž přesto, že se jeho přítelkyně opíjí do němoty a má sex s jinými muži - Duration: 1:35:41.

For more infomation >> "Chceme se vzít", říká muž přesto, že se jeho přítelkyně opíjí do němoty a má sex s jinými muži - Duration: 1:35:41.

-------------------------------------------

✅ „Přidejte do školství 30 miliard." Na Babiše znovu apelují středoškoláci - Duration: 3:22.

„Přidejte do školství 30 miliard." Na Babiše znovu apelují středoškoláciPremiér v demisi Andrej Babiš (ANO) by se měl držet svých slibů a navýšit rozpočet ministerstva školství na příští rok o 30 miliard korun

Otevřeným dopisem ho k tomu vyzvala Česká středoškolská unie (ČSU), která sdružuje české středoškoláky

Podle nich je školství dlouhodobě podfinancované a situace se nemění ani navzdory tomu, že vláda školství označuje za svou prioritu

Babiš slibuje učitelům do čtyř let průměrný plat 45 tisíc korun měsíčně. Navýšit rozpočet ministerstva školství mládeže a tělovýchovy o 30 miliard přislíbil předseda vlády koncem dubna na setkání se zástupci vysokoškolských a středoškolských studentů

Podle unie středoškoláků ale vládou schválená rozpočtová strategie sektoru veřejných institucí pro roky 2019 až 2021 příslušné navýšení neobsahuje

Dokument podle ČSU počítá s navýšením rozpočtu ministerstva o 11,5 miliardy korun

To ale pokryje pouze plánované změny ve financování regionálního školství, a nespadá tak pod slíbenou částku 30 miliard korun, uvedla unie

„Chápeme, že částky uvedené v Rozpočtové strategii sektoru veřejných institucí nemusí být identické se samotným rozpočtem, nicméně jde o finální strategický dokument," obávají se studenti

Spor o stamiliony na jízdné už padl ČSU ocenila, že vláda zvažuje ponechání 400 milionů korun v resortu školství namísto plánovaného odebrání za účelem zavedení slevy z jízdného

„Věříme, že je tato možnost zvažována právě proto, že si vláda uvědomuje klíčovost financí v kontextu vzdělávání," uvádí unie

Zástupci středoškolských studentů v dopise upozorňují vládu, že školství je dlouhodobě dramaticky podfinancované

„Podle dat z mezinárodních srovnání patří Česká republika mezi státy OECD k zemím s nejnižším objemem veřejných výdajů na vzdělávání," uvádějí studenti

Vláda má podle nich navýšením rozpočtu školství prokázat, že je pro ni vzdělání skutečnou prioritou

Česká středoškolská unie a studenti vysokoškolských oborů v otevřeném dopise už dříve vyzvali Babiše, aby vláda revokovala usnesení o zavedení slevy na jízdném pro studenty a seniory

Obávají se totiž, že to bude znamenat stamilionové škrty v resortu školství. Ministerstvo financí ale tvrdí, že na slevy budou využity peníze, které se z jednotlivých kapitol státního rozpočtu nepodaří utratit

Podle ministerstva tak financování slev nebude na úkor výdajů jednotlivých resortů, tedy třeba platů učitelů a investic

REKLAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment